It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Koch: Prank call 'a case of identity theft'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

David Koch: Prank call 'a case of identity theft'

www.rawstory.com

Conservative billionaire David Koch says the Gonzo journalist who impersonated him in a recent prank call heard across the nation may be guilty of identity theft.

"It's a case of identity theft," Koch told the New York Times in a rare interview Friday. "I didn’t even know his name before this brouhaha erupted."

Identity theft is a serious crime, but it's unclear whether a prank call falls under the category -- the concept typically refers to assuming someone's identity to make purchases or commit crimes, according to the Justice Department.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
LOL!

Who wants to take bets that CHARGES are going to be leveled at the guy who impersonated the ever-greedy Koch, and in a sense uncovered his illegal political manipulations through a sort of pseudo-admission" of subserviency via Walker's convo with his "faux" personna?

I can see it now---"Prankster indicted on serious charges of identity theft of powerful billionaire."

And as we've seen, bureaucrats have ALREADY started up a bill to OUTLAW prank calls to gov officials!

Too much...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Real simple - if it was done for entertainment (which it was, and exposure of favoritism) - then it would be extremely difficult to get the feds file charges.

Frank Caliendo impersonates people all the time - and some do not like him doing it, but is that identity theft?! NO

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
These people are absolute cowards.

One could argue a law like that violates the 1st Amendment. We have the WBC free to spew their hate and that is cool according to SCOTUS, but call a politician and it is a crime? Please explain that one Mr. Koch.

Identity theft? How about this one: The Koch brothers' money has purchased politicians and now is the driving force influencing policy. Is that not the theft of the voice of the people? While not a crime exactly, it sure feels slimy.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
haha.. well... I'm stumped.. I'm suprised that people haven't thought of this more... I mean, how bad does this whole thing look? so so bad... every politician is probably owned..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And every comedian and person who imitates anyone else is an identity thief too, right?

Notice the criminalization of every person who embarrasses a politician or 'elite.'

Are we learning yet?

MM

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
...ahhhh, Mr. Koch, that was a funny thing you said in your interview. Certainly a joke...except some of your GOP sycophants might take it seriously, as they did when trying to outlaw prank calls.

Now, Mr. Koch, I noticed in your NY Times interview the Rawstory link directed me to, that you've said some scary things

Mr. Koch said that he and his brother had not decided how much money to spend to influence the 2012 elections.

And while he has become a major financier of cancer research around the country, one of his companies, Georgia-Pacific, which produces formaldehyde, has been trying to convince the government not to list formaldehyde as a human carcinogen. Koch Industries said it would respect and comply with any new governmental regulation.

Of course your company will respect and comply with any new govt regulation....'cause you're going to influence govt enough that they'll give you what you want...."Formaldehyde safe to put in babies' formula, govt study finds!" hahaha I joke about that.

Actually, you'll probably like a govt regulation that reads...."Formaldehyde at any amt is found safe and any level is acceptable. Formaldehyde may be used in the following products....."

And, please, Mr. Koch, don't fool yourself. You got a standing ovation 'cause you donated $100 million.

You're not Sally Fields at the Oscars. Not everyone there really liked you.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And how does David Koch know the guy wasnt impersonating the OTHER David Koch? (Because I am sure he isnt the only David Koch on the planet.)

What a crybaby.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If this kind of call is illegal, then all sorts of investigation techniques used by journalists, PI's and skip tracers are too.

The boyz might want to rethink their strategy.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Public employees performing their official duties shouldn't have an expectation of privacy concerning their acts.

I don't want a secret government.

I hope this is a lesson for all politicians - don't do something with a wealthy supporter you wouldn't want on the radio.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I say the Tea Party needs to sue him for identity theft.
After all they all ended up with a "R" next to there names when they one with his money behind them. Should they force them to change those to "T" or admit whose ass you kiss and keep the "R".

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've lost count of the comedians that represent themselves as the actual person they are imitating for the purposes of entrapment since it's zero.

But those dirty Koch brothers have what is coming to them, a good old fashioned public tar and feathering verbal style for what they have done in Minnesota. Surely they could have done better and then they wouldn't be in this fix.
The real story here is whether or not Georgia Pacific held back profits so the SWIB would be forced into the concessions. Link.

Isn't it funny how everyone starts talking all Koch all the time just at this point. We need to find out if any other public employee unions are invested in their company.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

And how does David Koch know the guy wasnt impersonating the OTHER David Koch? (Because I am sure he isnt the only David Koch on the planet.)

What a crybaby.

THIS there is no way to prove that he even knew a David Koch existed or it wasn't another he was impersonating without David admitting he works with Walker!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Koch-Backed Group Accused Of Voter Suppression In Wisconsin Recall Elections

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good job. expose the Koch boys for who and what they really are. I look forward to the tea party mouths trying to defend this one. go Wisconsin Democrats ~ take Walker and the Koch boys down.

new topics

top topics

join