It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food prices hit highs as oil rises

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

We will see. I used to think it would never happen in the US too, but they have managed it so easily in the Middle East, and they are getting so bold in the US, I really dont have much doubt they will figure out a way to undo our Constitution.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
Water
Food
Shelter

at one point in history we had all these things and had the means to aquire these without any outside interference,each person could survive themselve's and even to the degree that the 3rd world could feed itself back then and now, i just dont know anymore.

I couldn't agree with you more. And quite frankly, the current system with the way things are setup makes it impossible to be truly free. Anything you do requires money. We are slaves to paper.

I just thought of something. Before if we wanted a house, we had to use trees and build one. Now we have to use ink printed on trees to buy one.

..just a thought
edit on 5-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
Water
Food
Shelter

at one point in history we had all these things and had the means to aquire these without any outside interference,each person could survive themselve's and even to the degree that the 3rd world could feed itself back then and now, i just dont know anymore.

This seems like a very naive and glamorized version of something which just didn't exist. Humans have either lived in areas of great scarcity, lived in areas of great abundance,the mythological "promise land", or lived during times of transition.

For example, the climate change which caused the desertification of Northern Africa, did so over the span of around 100 years... Thats a very short time period to have a rain forest of abundance turn to barren desert, causing the formation of Egypt, the last place in Northern Africa to provide life. There were times again, however, which marked the beginning of the first intermediate period, that saw great famine occur in Egypt. A period in which people ate children to stay alive. This, interestingly enough, led to the Pharaoh being found as impotent against the climatic forces, and thus no longer being seen as God on Earth, but an executive office.

Anyway, my point is that there have always been feast and famine within the history of the human experience... And I suspect there always will be, as long as this species exists.

The one thing which could end this great dance, would be a global disaster. To this end, I find it imperative to colonize other planets, with the goal of reaching other solar systems and ultimaltely galactic systems to evade extinction.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They can undo the constituton now, at the stroke of a pen. You would never get people to stop shopping at outside sources, unless there werent any. Look at all the other countries that have food markets and outdoor vendors, they have already been reduced to this. If you have no outlet for food sources, you'll look to create your own, right?. I can count on one hand how many times i have been to a chain store in the last year. I only go because of my son or christmas presents, 11yr olds think walmart is so cool, he is now slowly changing his mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
buy the following foods (according to your taste, pocketbook and medical restrictions)

-5 minute oatmeal in largest size available
-dried lentil beans
-jerky (your choice of type, but vegetable proteins and fruit jerky likely to be healthier)
-rice
-green tea
-whiskey
-local honey
-lemon juice
-dried blueberries
-cayenne pepper (sprinkle on foods for pain relief, put in lotion for muscle rub)
-powdered milk

consider the following ways to save money in energy costs

homemade air conditioner
www.youtube.com...

homemade survival water filter (watch whole thing, pretty interesting)
www.youtube.com...

hybrid solar powered flash light that charges on sunlight, ordinary room light and also has back up batteries. (i'd consider using one in each room of my house, instead of normal house lights and then use something like an aluminum foil or mirror back reflector, to increase the area of light effect)
www.youtube.com...
www.hybridlite.com...
www.hybridlite.com...

power house items
www.duracelldirect.com...

the following miscellaneous items (depending on your medical conditions/allergies and whether or not you have access to normal medicines for chronic problems)

-matches
-rubbing alcohol
-hyrdogen peroxide
-bandages
-ace bandage
-aspirin
-echinacea (don't use if you have auto immune disease, if not, it works like an antibiotic. it's an immune system stimulant)
-pepto bismol
-toilet paper
-alpha lipoic acid (blood sugar balance)
-lacto bacillus acidophilus (fdigestive tract, mouth sores, upset stomach, diahrrea. and yeast infection)
-hawthorne berry (blood pressure)
-benadryl (allergies, trouble sleeping, swelling related to allergies)
-methyl B-12 (neuropathy, autism. has to be methyl form of b-12, ordinary b-12 doesn't work for this purpose)

edit on 6-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
now they're trying to starve us to death. i went to the supermarket and milk was 7.95 a gallon. wtf. milk?

those aren't even gas station prices. pieces of sh-t. literally there is nothing you can do about.

all most of the average people want is cheap gas to drive around and go to work, and cheap food at the supermarket so they can make good home cooked meals. now they're even taking that away.

sure you have the 2nd amendment and you can stock pile all the nine mils. and semi-auto rifles you can afford.

but the army has tanks, body armor, grenades, .50 miniguns, apache's, cruise missiles, etc. any armed civilian uprising would last 3 hrs.

second choice vote. is that a joke, the next president elect is worse than the last one. all politics has become is a slugfest for power between the dems. and the republicans.

take obama, he yells and screams about rights and transparency and with one pen stroke he can eliminate the patriot act. has he done it. no.

get ready for 2012 when the next round of bullsh-t is thrown at you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I suspect it has to do with efforts to hyperinflate our monetary system - like pre-Nazi Gernamy. Given that they have created untold huge sums of "money," what more might we expect?

Thanks DD - again!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I don't believe oil prices are a big of a scam and conspiracy as everyone makes it out to be.

Yeah sure I get that they are manipulated of course... But when a crisis occurs in or around an oil producing country, even Libya with a 2% contribution to world oil then the price is going to spike.

It's because oil supply is so tight right now. It's to do with Peak Oil, that phrase governments don't want to admit to and that phrase so many tin foil hat wearers are led to believe is a sham and they love to believe it too!

I for one do not believe in "peak oil." I find it interesting that "depleted" wells have been found to have filled back up. What this tells me is that there is a supply far greater than we estimate.

Be that as it may... Oil is poison - as bad in its way as nuclear power and its deadly waste. Zero point energy is the answer, and we can create a heaven here for all of us. (I offer a solution in my threads linked in my sig - end entropy and join the Ethical Planetarian Party.)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks, undo, for that marvelous input. Just wish I had any money. LOL!

(And I do mean ANY! I have about $1.50 to my name.)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

eeek. got anything for sale?
try a yard sale? pawn shoppable items?
consolidate your papers on a free website, and ask for donations? i'm pretty good at website design.
i'll do it for free. come to think of it, i know of a pretty website, i was goofin around with their templates and various add-ons. pretty nice, actually

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ok... if you want to investigate whether rising food prices and oil prices is a scam. Go ahead.
1) You need to explore how big oil reserves there are in the world. (Obviously the measurements and calculations needs to be done by independent scientist group or if you find it difficult to trust them do it yourself. In which case you need to learn how to do it because I presume you have no such knowledge.)
2a) Then if you find out that oil is not an infinite resource and it is not running out... the rising of food prices is pretty much a scam. Because food prices are affected by fuel prices. But by any means do not presume that is the sole reason why food prices are rising. Don't forget about soil degradation, cataclysmic events such as wild-fires in Russia last summer.
2b) If you come up with data that we are not running out of oil and there's no reason why oil prices should be rising. There might be a conspiracy. And rising food prices could be a fraud.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
now they're trying to starve us to death. i went to the supermarket and milk was 7.95 a gallon. wtf. milk?

those aren't even gas station prices. pieces of sh-t. literally there is nothing you can do about.

Well if that's how you feel, then you lost in your mind a long time ago... You will be one of those people who are too busy seeing defeat to find even the smallest opportunity...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

eeek. got anything for sale?
try a yard sale? pawn shoppable items?
consolidate your papers on a free website, and ask for donations? i'm pretty good at website design.
i'll do it for free. come to think of it, i know of a pretty website, i was goofin around with their templates and various add-ons. pretty nice, actually

I was evicted a couple of years back and lost virtually everything. No money to get replacements. The few things I have left are either things I use regularly or things of great sentimental value to me. Nothing that could bring in more that...$50 total, I would guess.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

egads. sent you a u2u.
if you need help with it.. let me know

top topics

<< 1   >>

join