It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots today 05-03-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sunspots today 05-03-11 and one from last month, The weather was very bad last weeks
Hopefully we have some good weather on 19 march when the moon is closer to earth

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Thanks, great footage. Is the colour due to the solar filter? I've hear the Sun is really white.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thanks wildespace, Yes i use 2 filters Solar filter and a Yellow filter, indeed the Sun is very white to see when you look only through the Solar filter. I don't know how it looks with no Filters and i don't gonna try it
one blink through the telescope with no filters is no more seeing!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Do you have an H-alpha filter? That + solar filter should produce interesting images.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wonderful videos, OP.

Can I ask, Im in the market to buy a telescope, what would you recommend as far as the less expensive, decent type?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I wish i had that, but that filter is so expensive

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Wonderful videos, OP.

Can I ask, Im in the market to buy a telescope, what would you recommend as far as the less expensive, decent type?

Hi Yummy, thanks for the comment, about telescopes its hard, how more money you will spend how better the scope, and what do you want to do with it? just look filming or photo's.

First of all, i will go for at least for an 6" or better 8" Telescope.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bosb33r

I wish i had that, but that filter is so expensive

Shame. You can see prominences with it. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bosb33r

Thanks wildespace, Yes i use 2 filters Solar filter and a Yellow filter, indeed the Sun is very white to see when you look only through the Solar filter. I don't know how it looks with no Filters and i don't gonna try it
one blink through the telescope with no filters is no more seeing!

I have sun filters for my telescope but I have no idea how to use them or the telescope for that matter. I can look at the moon and that is about it but i want to look at the sun but without really knowing which lense to really use I haven't done it. It's an antique telescope but the instructions are nothing like the instructions now on telescopes.

I read a thread a while ago on sunspots and earth disasters. I have been trying to find it because it is was really interesting. It had something to do with sunspots and where they appear on the sun will show where the earth disasters will happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thanks for the Url! this is a real solar telescope coronado PST 40 very nice telescope

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Its hard to tell what kind of equipment to use from your telescope for solar observation, i need to see pictures or a short movie from it to say what you can use. I know in the past they used a eyepiece with some kind solar filter in it, that's dangerous

new topics

top topics

join