It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunks dead all over central Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The past few weeks I have seen numerous dead skunks on side of road here in central Texas. Way way more than the usual 1 you might see on the side of the road. Anybody know what is up with that, if anything?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's mating season for them.

Also it's starting to get warmer and their coming out more often and just happen to get hit by cars in the road.

Purely specualtion, though.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a thread that belongs to skunk works if I ever saw one

edit on 5-3-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately I don't have anything of value to add to this thread. But I did want to point out that this may be the first thread about skunks in the skunk works forum, and that made me laugh. As to why they are dying, my guess is mating season.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, I was looking for a forum to post my skunk question and saw Squnk Works and thought HMMMMMM.

OH, so it is mating season for them! I guess I never paid much attention to them all these years..not sure why this year I have noticed the big number of them lying dead on the side of the road.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Somebody on YahooAnswers also posed the question… but had noted that it was only a one week event. This makes it somewhat strange….

Here’s the quote and link;

Is it Skunk Season, why so many two toned deaths?

Is it Skunk Season, why so many two toned deaths?
live in New Jersey. I drive through three counties each day to get to and from work (Ocean, Monmouth, and Middlesex). Over the past week, I have seen, and smelt, so many skunk casualties on the road. I drove through Mercer county the other day, and same thing. Is there a reason I am seeing ore skunks this year than any other? Also, is late winter a breeding season for these critters?
Thanks.

answers.yahoo.com...

I have a theory that I cam up with when we had all the mass die-off’s of fish and birds;
What if its all got to do with frequencies; Everything in life works according to frequencies. So why would it not be possible that there is some sort of “killer frequency” band that is affecting all the animals.

It could possibly be the approaching brown dwarf star giving off waves. The waves change, affecting all kinds of species as it moves through the spectrum.

That leaves one to ask; What is our human frequency?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ask Kenneth.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Being from S. Texas, may I just add (although slightly off-topic since this about them in the middle of the road) ?:

Ain't nothing like that smell!
edit on 5-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argen

Ask Kenneth.

OMG, You killed Kenneth!

Seriously though, who's Kenneth?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sharintexas

GOOD RIDDANCE!! Lol skunks in Texas are the most hardcore gangstas I've ever come across.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

there's a song by R.E.M. called "What's the frequency Kenneth"
2nd line

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I have a theory that I cam up with when we had all the mass die-off’s of fish and birds; What if its all got to do with frequencies; Everything in life works according to frequencies. So why would it not be possible that there is some sort of “killer frequency” band that is affecting all the animals. It could possibly be the approaching brown dwarf star giving off waves. The waves change, affecting all kinds of species as it moves through the spectrum. That leaves one to ask; What is our human frequency?

you are talking about MOR=[Mortal Oscillatory Resonance]

www.educate-yourself.org/ Forbidden Cures

scroll down to Dr. Royal Rife

Dr. Royal Rife In the late 20's and early 1930's, Dr. Royal Raymond Rife from San Diego, California, developed a high powered microscope which he used in conjunction with a frequency generator. Using special UV light, Rife's mircroscope was capable of 60,000x magnification! This degree of magnification allowed him to observe LIVE virus and bacteria organisms while he applied the MOR (Mortal Oscillatory Resonance) frequency from his frequency generator via plasma tube radiation of the energy. He was able to destroy all manner of disease organisms (including cancer related organisms) by merely 'tuning' the generator to the correct resonant frequency of these organisms and applying the oscillating electric fields via the plasma driven, "Beam Ray Tube". Everything in the universe, living or dead, and its own resonant frequency. If you apply this exact resonant frequency to the object or organism, it will begin vibrating until it literally shatters itself. You've all seen the wine glass and the opera singer demonstration. Same deal for microbes.

on another thread there was speculation that sudden spikes in the local schumman resonance could be causing these mass die offs perhaps it's the skunks turn

So how long till groups of humans start dropping dead?

my post there

maybe the increase in the Schumann resonance's frequency/vibration just might be the cause of these sudden deaths of birds and other animals. as the frequency/vibration rises some forms of life may not be able to adapt fast enough. if a picture equals a thousand words maybe the following video snippet equals a million: Sudden increase in Reiatsu[spiritual pressure] and it's effect on less spiritually developed entities 25 sec.

look just pretend it's an increase in the Schumann resonance's frequency/vibration

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Does a dead skunk smell worse than a live skunk ?
2nd line

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

No: the dead skunk only reeks of the normal dead animal smell. But: If the scent gland has been burst because of the accident, the smell may be all over the road, thus the tune "Dead Skunk in The Middle of the Road".

However, a live skunk can propel the stench for at least 15 yards onto crowds of onlookers and it will stick to skin, clothing whatever. Then, you can't drive away, it sticks to you for a long time.

Therefore the dead skunk, although smelly, does not have the potential to propel Butyl Mercaptan onto bystanders, making the dead one less potentially smelly than the live one.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Thanks matey,we don't have skunks down here so i really don't know much about em,
i have read it's easier to burn clothes than to get the skunk smell out,

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharintexas
The past few weeks I have seen numerous dead skunks on side of road here in central Texas. Way way more than the usual 1 you might see on the side of the road. Anybody know what is up with that, if anything?

Mating season and fast cars do not mix. Or else they are dying of old age or some disease such as rabies and they crawl out to the roadside so we can get one last whiff.

. But all in all, there will be more dead squirrels,racoons and 'possums as roadkill than skunks. The dead skunks are just easier to identify as we speed along.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If you get sprayed on the skin by a skunk -
use tomato catsup all over - bath in it. I
hear it is suppose to eliminate the odor.
Burn or bury your clothes.

I had a friend that come to visit me from the city, we saw a skunk in the yard next
door and she went over near the hedge where we saw him enter and starting
calling here Kitty Kitty - and he sprayed toward her. I never laughed so hard
in my life.

I love skunks would love them around more if they didn't spray. I see one now and then but we mostly have rabbits and squirrels.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
If you get sprayed on the skin by a skunk -
use tomato catsup all over - bath in it. I
hear it is suppose to eliminate the odor.
Burn or bury your clothes.

I had a friend that come to visit me from the city, we saw a skunk in the yard next
door and she went over near the hedge where we saw him enter and starting
calling here Kitty Kitty - and he sprayed toward her. I never laughed so hard
in my life.

I love skunks would love them around more if they didn't spray. I see one now and then but we mostly have rabbits and squirrels.

They did that tomato juice remedy on The Partridge Family once
Since the weather has warmed up, I've noticed the skunk smell more when driving to work in the morning. I live in a rural area and it's mostly out here, but not so much closer to the city.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Guess this is a prime example of the differences
between humans and skunks.

Normally humans find a nice quiet dirt side road
to mate. And skunks just don't give a damn
if they mate in the middle of the main road

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Skunks will not necessarily spray you. They spray you because they feel threatened. Most of the time you would not encounter one. Most people encounter them at night...the dog is barking and is suffering because it has been sprayed so the owner goes out to find out what the commotion is all about. If you have animals that you feed outside, and you live in Central Texas, you will have skunks come calling.
Mating season, and the fact they breed like rabbits, bring them out onto the highways. The bigger question might be, why don't we run over more rabbits?
Maybe rabbits are smarter?
Don't know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join