It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Giant Underground Chamber Found on Moon By India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft

page: 5
126
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

Originally posted by longtermproject

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by R_Clark
 


Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks India!

Let's see the Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft found ice/water on the Moon, so NASA countered by shooting a rocket to blow it up. How much you wanna bet we blow up this cavern to study it? :p

Something even more embarrassing for NASA- The cost of Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft was only $80 million dollars! Compare that to the $424 million dollar satellite NASA just lost that was only going to study the affect of aerosols on the Earth's climate....


you do know that NASA keeps insurance on all their stuff.... and it doesnt really cost as much as they say it does. So when a sat doesn't make it to orbit, they can build a new one and have money left over. The only thing is it delays the program. The only time that NASA, or any rocket group loses money is when they have a issue where they can't launch the rocket once its on the pad. It costs $1 million a day for an Atlas V to sit on the pad past its launch date.... I worked in the industry and was friends with the head of the Atlas V program where I worked, his security clearance was much higher than mine, and he liked to tease me when a secret launch was coming up. Never got him to spill the beans completely though.


My understanding is that NASA do not insure their launchers or satellites.
Commercial companies do.

See here

and here

and here



Correct, because NASA doesnt actually build the stuff. Its all contracted out. So whatever company built whatever part be it boeing, lockheed, grumman...... insures there parts. Because if it goes kablewy, they lose mega millions government contract.

Thats why its not a huge deal for our space program to go "commercial" because it already is. Basically it just means boeing and lockheed can now build and go head to head in real life, not just on computers and then have there work plastered with a big blue "nasa" logo.

Nasa will become the "FAA" of spaceflight




posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Great Find indeed.
Are you guys really surprised the us govt has said nothing about this??
They probably have plans for it. You have to take everything the us govt says with a grain of salt. more like a cup of salt. they lie about everything including disclosure.

But who knows there could be some mooninites up there.
I think we should explore our galaxy/ solar system before we try to expand. this is a great find. i hope something comes of it.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Congratulations to India for their discovery of this giant underground cavern, I wish them the best. Now, I have a post on ATS describing a moon mission to explore for potential moon towers. We don't know if they exist or not, but there are indications that they might exist, so I proposed that we send moon rovers and satellites near these potential moon towers sites to determine if they exist:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hoagland, John Lear, and Fred Steckling could be wrong about some of the ideas they propose, but they could also be right about some of the ideas they propose. Heinrich Schliemann discovered the actual city of Troy at a time when people believed that it was simply a myth. He had a reputation for being a liar, but it is well known that he truly did discover the city of Troy. So simply because a person is wrong or has misrepresented some things, does mean the person is wrong or has misrepresented everything.
edit on 6-3-2011 by deloprator20000 because: Clarity



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark


It looks like India with its new set of eyes has disclosed more than NASA in its last 20 years.


I couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing. That is a very large area. Sounds like it would be ideal for a future base.
Providing, It's not already being used, by someone else.


Star and Flag



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86
reply to post by R_Clark
 


did a bit of looking aroundand found a picture, nothing detailed but looks real to me, it just proves what NASA hides, look for it on google earth and i cant see it, not suprising =_=

jroberson151.wordpress.com...


What an odd picture. The text describes an elongated rift yet the pic shows a nearly circular opening. What is that line with the blue tip? It is casting a shadow at the bottom of the opening, so I don't think it was added for an illustrative purpose.

Not saying the cavern wasn't discovered, but can we believe the pic is of the cavern discovered?



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark
 



I see they are both accurate...yeah i'll wait until the paper is put out to the public.
edit on 6-3-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As most of the moons images mirror earths, has there been any confirmation on this being linked to our "Hole in the North Pole" middle earth ......



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maurice Chatelain already told us about discoveries such as this, and that the public wasn't told, in his books.
And don't forget Don Wilson's "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon" and the followup book.
All this has been discussed ages ago, but no one seems to remember.
NASA has told us very little about all they found, and the astronauts seem to be under an oath not to disclose anything.
Dr. John Alexander couldn't get them to say anything.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but, do you think India discovered NASA's hideout?

NASA probably wouldn't tell the world if THEY were the ones who built a secret bunker for themselves or the rich elite, would they now?



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Anybody got Google Moon co-ordinates for this?

Not that the resolution offered would let us see anything!



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


Critical thinking skills please, boondock....less sensationalism:


so does this news corroborate or disprove
the hollow moon theory I have read about here
on ATS ???


"hollow moon" is a complete joke, not even qualifies as a valid hypothesis, let alone a "theory". It stems from a crap book (forget the title..."Who Built the Moon?", I think...) and the (unfortunate) analogy used by a geologist / seismologist / scientist way back decades ago...which leads me to this:



And what about that NASA tape where they heard
the ringing or echoes from within the moon..


....which is a misinterpretation of the comments I alluded to, above. AFTER the Apollo 11 landing, since they took a seismograph along, and set it up, scientists have been able to measure, record, study "moonquakes" ....this helps to determine the density, and composition of the Moon's interior, and whether or not it still has a molten core, etc.

To assist them, rather than having to wait for naturally-occurring activity, they used the discarded Apollo spacecraft components to impact the Moon, and thus trigger the "sounds" that they wanted. The term "rang like a bell" was just a choice of words to describe the fact that the sounds, from impact, reverberated back and forth several times, within the SOLID structure of the Moon's globe.

The word "bell" is conjuring up images in people's heads (people who either can't be bothered to look up the details of the science here --- or, people who WISH to perpetuate the "hollow" myth) ... "bell" is something that people picture in their heads, and from experience, people know that a bell (a real bell, NOT the Moon) is "hollow". SO, that is where the misconception comes from.

BTW..solid objects can "ring like a bell", too!! Ever seen a tuning fork? Musical instruments....many stringed instruments, like a piano, rely on a sounding board...it vibrates, and increases the sound quality.

If you laid your ear against a piece of granite, or material similar to the Moon's composition....like igneous rock....and struck it with a metal rod (the rock, NOT your ear!) you'd hear that SOLID rock "ring like a bell" too....


Now....where people jump from (in the thread title) the word "chamber", to "hollow Moon", boggles my mind! A "chamber" is basically a large room. (The french word for "room"is "chambre"...after all).

"Chamber" can mean cavern, cave, etc too. AND, as seen in the post just above.....it is merely a portion of an old lava tube ("rille") that hasn't yet had the roof collapse inward....THAT is it!!






hollow moon theory- care to explain why the size and placement of the moon is so odd? really like it doesn't make sence. it has to be man/alien made.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


He wasn't just a farmer, he was an astronaut who was set to go on a mission to the Moon, but his father fell ill, and he had to take care of him and take over the farm, that's why he became a farmer in the movie. This man was smart, he was an engineer, can't remember what he was an engineer of but he always had the dream of being able to at least fly into outer space. Who hasn't had that dream at one time in their lives?


Anyway, as to this thread, NASA has made references to such caves existing before.

science.nasa.gov...

www.associatedcontent.com...

And the water ice discovery has also been mentioned many times before.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Evidence of water found on Saturn's moon Enceladus.

news.bbc.co.uk...

However, even thou NASA's budget is not only for lunar missions, I am certain that they have better technology that they are using and they are not letting us know about it. I am also sure they know a lot more and are not talking about it.

BTW, NASA has also stated that there are possibly caves/caverns on Mars.

www.nasa.gov...

A more recent cave found on Mars.

www.dailygalaxy.com...




edit on 6-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
reply to post by R_Clark
 



I see they are both accurate...yeah i'll wait until the paper is put out to the public.
edit on 6-3-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)


It is public, friend.
Take a scroll back a page or so.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wademus

Originally posted by ommadawn

Originally posted by longtermproject

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by R_Clark
 


Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks India!

Let's see the Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft found ice/water on the Moon, so NASA countered by shooting a rocket to blow it up. How much you wanna bet we blow up this cavern to study it? :p

Something even more embarrassing for NASA- The cost of Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft was only $80 million dollars! Compare that to the $424 million dollar satellite NASA just lost that was only going to study the affect of aerosols on the Earth's climate....


you do know that NASA keeps insurance on all their stuff.... and it doesnt really cost as much as they say it does. So when a sat doesn't make it to orbit, they can build a new one and have money left over. The only thing is it delays the program. The only time that NASA, or any rocket group loses money is when they have a issue where they can't launch the rocket once its on the pad. It costs $1 million a day for an Atlas V to sit on the pad past its launch date.... I worked in the industry and was friends with the head of the Atlas V program where I worked, his security clearance was much higher than mine, and he liked to tease me when a secret launch was coming up. Never got him to spill the beans completely though.


My understanding is that NASA do not insure their launchers or satellites.
Commercial companies do.

See here

and here

and here



Correct, because NASA doesnt actually build the stuff. Its all contracted out. So whatever company built whatever part be it boeing, lockheed, grumman...... insures there parts. Because if it goes kablewy, they lose mega millions government contract.

Thats why its not a huge deal for our space program to go "commercial" because it already is. Basically it just means boeing and lockheed can now build and go head to head in real life, not just on computers and then have there work plastered with a big blue "nasa" logo.

Nasa will become the "FAA" of spaceflight


well yea thats what I mean.... the people who actually own these sats DO insure them.... trust me, Ive had to rebuild critical "one off" transceiver boxes before... I've got parts I've built on the mars rovers, the new MSL, and the Atlas V upper stage that smashed into the moon....



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The moon, so close but so unknown...

In regard to the topic this picture summarize all.




The Area of Interest.






Look at this, first we have the not so sure crater, to me it seem more like a cavern , the hole appear to be on the face of the little mountain you see rather than flat on the ground.




Directly from that hole start the canal maybe caused by water or lava. This can be a collapsed lava dome.

So many questions, so little answers.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EternalChef
Great Find indeed.
Are you guys really surprised the us govt has said nothing about this??
They probably have plans for it. You have to take everything the us govt says with a grain of salt. more like a cup of salt. they lie about everything including disclosure.

But who knows there could be some mooninites up there.
I think we should explore our galaxy/ solar system before we try to expand. this is a great find. i hope something comes of it. [/quote

I think it was meant to fail in the public eye,bet it still does the covert job it was meant to.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well this is a funny thread.

Everyone patting each other on the back, India basking in the spotlights of praise and achievement as glorious future plans are being tossed around .... I suppose a band, a parade and confetti will be next.

The Indian Space Research Organization 'alledgedly' discovered an 'underground chamber'.

Proof please, and once that is done - I won't be holding my breath - we can get round to discussing the actual relevance of an 'alleged' underground 'cave' somewhere no-one here will ever be able to verify or visit.

I don't get it. But whatever the hell ya'll on, it ain't chemical, it's faith-based.
edit on 8-3-2011 by D377MC because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Has anyone considered why the Apollo program was cancelled prematurely?

Cost is the reason NASA gave us. What does anyone think now?



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by D377MC
Well this is a funny thread.
The Indian Space Research Organization 'alledgedly' discovered an 'underground chamber'.

Proof please.

The trouble with guys like you is that you don't even bother to read the thread before shooting from the hip! Proof you want? It's already posted by me on this thread. Anyway, to save you the bother of looking for it, here it is....

post by OrionHunterX
 

I know it's a bloody pain, but do make it a habit to read all posts on a thread before contributing your 2 cents. Or you'll end up looking like a pumpkin!




top topics



 
126
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join