It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Underground Chamber Found on Moon By India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If that's true it destroys the reality i know about space exploration. I didnt even know they had any space tech.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

which is very sad to tell the truth, we'll never evolve as a country and being because of the power the government has

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This Moon was Made for Mining (Helium-3).Analysis by Jennifer Ouellette

news.discovery.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by dragonseeker
great find. after reading hoagland"s "dark mission" I'm not surprised. and, yes, NASA has been lying.

About damn near everything.

That's true! Because a big cave on the moon is a super duper secret to keep!

Fancy the Indians finding it... It's like they were... looking for something...

Amazing!

Man, I love sarcasm

*ahem Just NASA's blatant deceptions surrounding mars alone should clue you in to the fact that they lie about most things..it's government policy to keep the people stupid and uninformed. this is just one more (possible) example. Can't wait to find out more about this..but it won't be from NASA. it'll be the indians, it'll be the europeans, it'll be ANYONE ELSE but NASA, because the US Govt. treat us americans like 3-year olds, and rather stupid 3-year olds at that..
edit on 6-3-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by dragonseeker
great find. after reading hoagland"s "dark mission" I'm not surprised. and, yes, NASA has been lying.

About damn near everything.

Don't be too impressed with old Hoagies Dark Mission! There's a site called Dork Mission which points out all the mistakes that Hoagland made in his book... And there are many!
I love Richard Hoagland but if I hear him talk about how he has the "smoking gun" just one more time I'm likely to run amok with a meat cleaver and kill hundreds in a fit of dpression!

I hear ya on that. just like zecharia sitchin, though, hoagland has pieces of the puzzle, but not the whole deal(yet). still he has enough to make it a decent read. he's on the right track, I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Well......if you are so dead-set on indicting and accusing NASA of "lying", just because they managed NOT to image a random intact section of an ancient rille on the Moon.....(because, you are disingenuously "using" any excuse, no matter how much of a stretch is it)....then you will continue to follow these patterns.

Because, you have that negative kind of 'confirmation bias'.....some forms of it see invented "evidence" out of nothing, thin air....others use confirmation bias to see invented "conspiracies of omission, and/or lying".

Either way, reason, logic and critical thinking skills suffer greatly......

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

don't really need to do a back and forth on this, NASA's bull# is well-documented on these forums and elsewhere. they lie, with impunity, and have done so for decades. I'll leave it to you to investigate all the readily available information that shows this. Also, I managed to respond to you without attacking you personally. Maybe you should work on your posting skills a bit?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Exactly what I was thinkin. It forces NASA to appear either incompitent or deceitful. Either way...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I think its great and give you props for the post.I am only in disagreance on one thing.You say the indians discovered more on this mission than nasa did in 20 years,but I belive NASA has probably known about it and due to some government involvment it has been kept under wraps like the whole nibiru/comet elenin and the fact that microsoft space and google space has cut out a patch of the space where u can not see what is in the spot of the cordinents that the whole thing seems to be taking place.But great find brother I hope to see more keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm just putting this out there, I have a mate who said there vdad is in charge of retouching the pictures they take of mars. He also said that what we see is nothing. Thats all he will say too. Really annoys me, but I guess nasa has him by his anatomy. Well actually he has told me a few things but I can't tell you them as I would think I was crazy. And I don't have the proof so it is just a story someone has told me. Interesting one though. I think it relates to Nasa not telling the truth.

Good find on the moon cavity.

What if they find it filled with green cheese, that would be awesome!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that NASA isn't talking about it, especially with all the LROC mappings they have now. No interest in the moon base, no, no,.let's just jump straight for a Mars base. Seriously, a moon base is the most logical event before another planetary base. It would be a good time to work out all the kinks in the hardware and get people used to living in low G. Even perhaps a good training facility, yanno, you wanna go to Mars, well, you have to train on the moon base for 6 months or something.

I'd even say NASA can't handle it. Let it be a global endeavor, multi-national input, because question: Who owns the moon, anyway?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Right?! no equipment to analyze the data. right. maybe only a handful can analyze the data because only they have the equipment to analyze it. That I would believe; not that there is NO equipment to analyze it. Come on........NASA collects data for a "reason". IT is hard to collect and just common sense.......We don't buy gas to put into cars......because we want to buy gas, ergo we need to get somewhere in a timely manner, other than horse and buggy, so we have cars......and need to buy the gas to run them. Just like NASA has an agenda and gets data to support that agenda........they don't just aimlessly collect data........there always is a reason, think backwards.........or like the saying goes, follow the money.
Ha ha ................NASA aimlessly collecting data ........not.
If i misread your post I am sorry but I think there is even a bigger agenda......like the recent launch of the OTV2 launch........nothing is by chance.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I believe NASA has known about anomolies on the moon like this for some time, they just didn't tell us about .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

These new moon pictures look different then ones from NASA, great find.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Please inform us of your "crazy" stories about MARS. I, for one, will not judge you as crazy or anything else since I have been judged as "crazy" myself.

I am really interested on what you might "know". Don't keep us out of the loop.

Also;
a cavern on the MOON! is it a mine? or a spaceport? or a storage facility? or just a natural lava cave?

no matter what it is; this is amazing. the possibility of extra-terrestrial intelligence is growing daily!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If they find anything interesting, and they already have, they won't share it.
Governments are now rushing to see who will be able to set up base first and play with the toys left there for them.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Soulshock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
NASA: Never A Straight Answer.
Go India! ^^

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
An underground base on the moon would of course make possible several things:

1 a nice safebunker/ place for the dignitries to wait out a disaster on the earth (paid for by the public) who will of course not be invited..

2 what a lovely place to put your rockets ready to fire at will on an unfriendly country. (and the odd alien passing by)

Now for the serious stuff, as we have been around for between 100,000 and 200,000 years naturally in a previous civilisation, we found out how unaccommodating our own planet could be, so we adjoured to the moon to wait it out and what we left behind is in the caverns.

The aliens who created us utilising chicken and ape dna and a splattering of their own stayed there when we became too noisy and bolshy, then they left. Its Sunday after all!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by R_Clark

Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks India!

Let's see the Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft found ice/water on the Moon, so NASA countered by shooting a rocket to blow it up. How much you wanna bet we blow up this cavern to study it? :p

Something even more embarrassing for NASA- The cost of Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft was only $80 million dollars! Compare that to the $424 million dollar satellite NASA just lost that was only going to study the affect of aerosols on the Earth's climate....

you do know that NASA keeps insurance on all their stuff.... and it doesnt really cost as much as they say it does. So when a sat doesn't make it to orbit, they can build a new one and have money left over. The only thing is it delays the program. The only time that NASA, or any rocket group loses money is when they have a issue where they can't launch the rocket once its on the pad. It costs $1 million a day for an Atlas V to sit on the pad past its launch date.... I worked in the industry and was friends with the head of the Atlas V program where I worked, his security clearance was much higher than mine, and he liked to tease me when a secret launch was coming up. Never got him to spill the beans completely though.

My understanding is that NASA do not insure their launchers or satellites.
Commercial companies do.

See here

and here

and here

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
so the moon has caves. last i recall, all rocky bodies are likely to have "chambers". The moon also has loads of magma pipes visible in plain photos that go straight down to the core.

THESE ARENT THE CHAMBERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR, MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join