Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Giant Underground Chamber Found on Moon By India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I suspect the 'political' truth is a bit like the inside part of an onion, you have to peel back layer after layer to get to it., now we appear to have international layers.

I wonder if anyone has read the book Who built the Moon? by Knight and Butler, it was written in 1988 and makes some interesting observations. I often wonder about the release of information to the public arena. We had a fascinating programme on tv a short time ago called the story of earth. I found it quite an eye-opener because it covered the moon telling us that once it was much closer and naturally affected the length of daytime.

I initially thought hats off to the Indians for their openness. However once I saw the hand of NASA present there I suddenly get uneasy. Not from what they purport to have discovered but the timing of the release of what they have discovered. I concede that obviously governments at this time may decide to cooperate with each other on expensive space operations but I feel NASA may not have been open about its discoveries. That is a point about NASA, not the American People themselves

I don't know whether anyone else gets a bit annoyed about things like actions on the moon taken by one group of people which, if they go wrong could have a disasterous affect on the moon and also on our planet. One thing that makes our planet so fertile is the action of our moon in moving the tides, if the mass of water became stagnant our planet would be very different.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Err, how exactly does finding a cavern in the moon prove aliens exist?

Well... in the beginning, just like us, Aliens had to start some were too

While we invented the Wheel.... they invented the Disc

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Great Post

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Suddenly the "Hollow Moon Theory" doesn't seem so outlandish.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Indian Space Research Organization (I.S.R.O) Chandrayaan-1 had not only found Water, Ice deposit, Iron, Triangular Pyramid Anomaly.

Source - UFO-Blogger.com

Back in 2008 project director M Annadurai told the media that Chandrayaan-1, will try to unravel the moon dark side and its origin .But it has mysteriously lost its radio contact prior to exploring dark side of the moon in September 2009.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Excellent post! Makes me really wonder why we have not gone back to the moon!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by R_Clark

Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks India!

Let's see the Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft found ice/water on the Moon, so NASA countered by shooting a rocket to blow it up. How much you wanna bet we blow up this cavern to study it? :p

Something even more embarrassing for NASA- The cost of Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft was only $80 million dollars! Compare that to the $424 million dollar satellite NASA just lost that was only going to study the affect of aerosols on the Earth's climate....

you do know that NASA keeps insurance on all their stuff.... and it doesnt really cost as much as they say it does. So when a sat doesn't make it to orbit, they can build a new one and have money left over. The only thing is it delays the program. The only time that NASA, or any rocket group loses money is when they have a issue where they can't launch the rocket once its on the pad. It costs $1 million a day for an Atlas V to sit on the pad past its launch date.... I worked in the industry and was friends with the head of the Atlas V program where I worked, his security clearance was much higher than mine, and he liked to tease me when a secret launch was coming up. Never got him to spill the beans completely though.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DonnaLynn
Excellent post! Makes me really wonder why we have not gone back to the moon!

Because NASA is a parody of a space program. Next big players are China and India.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This has already been covered last week in a few other threads here. Anyway....

One of the sensors, the Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) which has high spatial resolution and
multi viewing capability, enabling 3 dimensional view of the Lunar surface has found a suitable site for building a human settlement on the Moon. Since there is very little atmosphere on the Moon, there is a constant danger of meteorite impacts as well as radiation and cosmic particles.

However, a rille, which is a remnant of a volcanic tube having a hollow interior, is the best bet for establishing a base as it has natural protection from impacting bodies, protects from direct exposure to extreme temperature conditions, ‘dust storms’, energetic particles and radiations of solar and galactic origin and also surface radioactivity. Radiation is not expected to penetrate beyond 6m of the roof thickness/regolith. While the day and night temperatures on the moon swing from +120°C to -180 °C, temperatures inside the lava tube are expected to be near-constant -20°C.

And this is what Chandrayaan-1 has found – a readymade outer shell for establishing a base, saving time, money and effort in building one from scratch!

Courtesy: ISRO

A volcanic tube has been identified in the Oceanus Procellarum area of the Moon (Central Longitude: 58.3170 W / Latitude: 14.1110 N ) using Chandrayaan-I Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) data. This rille runs for about 3.65 km in NE-SW direction. A close observation suggests another small rille of 1.73 km length , situated 2 km SW of the existing main rille, which appears to be an extension of this tube while the intermittent strech between the two rilles seems to be the roof of the lava tube which did not collapse for some reason.

The authors have tried to analyse the TMC stereo data to find the length, depth, slopes within and outside the rille, in order to establish continuity between the main rille and the shorter rille 1.73 km south-west of the former.

Color-coded contour map showing the rille
and un-collapsed portion of the lava tube.
ISRO

Now that we know a readymade shell is available for constructing a huge base on the Moon, NASA can commence establishing one there in 2020 - but with due permission from ISRO!! After all, they’re the first to have found it! So what have they named the rille? Probably, Moon Base Chandrayaan-1! Now that’s a start, anyway! This could even be the future Supreme HQ of the ‘United Moon Settlements’!

Source:
www.telegraphindia.com...
www.ias.ac.in...
edit on 6-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ah.. yeah I saw this on geekologie. I figured it would have been posted here like a million times, it's like prime ATS material.

Anyway, it's awesome.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I wonder who subsidized that. I mean India's children are in the streets begging. I know, I've seen it firsthand.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

Makes me really wonder why we have not gone back to the moon!

That's exactly what you're supposed to be wondering and asking! Good job!

...The mega-corporations were arm-wrestling with governments over jurisdiction and mineral rights. Killed it for everyone. Then Bush cut NASA's budget; ended the space program; killed all the research on reactivated latent viruses and the extreme long term health risks of space travel; privatized space; and rigged it so space workers won't get essential lifelong health coverage (which NASA had recommended because space travel reactivates latent viruses, causing lifelong chronic disease).

Note: Privatizing space allows corporations to write contracts that dodge liability for health impacts - and gets government off the hook for long term health benefits.

In a short time the dust will have settled, and we'll be rooked into subsidizing a corporate asteroid base - a "platform" for going to the moon that will be owned by a conglomerate of mega-corporations - mineral-rich, highly profitable and as risk-free as you can get. Talk about free money.

edit on 6/3/11 by soficrow because: format

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Critical thinking skills please, boondock....less sensationalism:

so does this news corroborate or disprove
the hollow moon theory I have read about here
on ATS ???

"hollow moon" is a complete joke, not even qualifies as a valid hypothesis, let alone a "theory". It stems from a crap book (forget the title..."Who Built the Moon?", I think...) and the (unfortunate) analogy used by a geologist / seismologist / scientist way back decades ago...which leads me to this:

And what about that NASA tape where they heard
the ringing or echoes from within the moon..

....which is a misinterpretation of the comments I alluded to, above. AFTER the Apollo 11 landing, since they took a seismograph along, and set it up, scientists have been able to measure, record, study "moonquakes" ....this helps to determine the density, and composition of the Moon's interior, and whether or not it still has a molten core, etc.

To assist them, rather than having to wait for naturally-occurring activity, they used the discarded Apollo spacecraft components to impact the Moon, and thus trigger the "sounds" that they wanted. The term "rang like a bell" was just a choice of words to describe the fact that the sounds, from impact, reverberated back and forth several times, within the SOLID structure of the Moon's globe.

The word "bell" is conjuring up images in people's heads (people who either can't be bothered to look up the details of the science here --- or, people who WISH to perpetuate the "hollow" myth) ... "bell" is something that people picture in their heads, and from experience, people know that a bell (a real bell, NOT the Moon) is "hollow". SO, that is where the misconception comes from.

BTW..solid objects can "ring like a bell", too!! Ever seen a tuning fork? Musical instruments....many stringed instruments, like a piano, rely on a sounding board...it vibrates, and increases the sound quality.

If you laid your ear against a piece of granite, or material similar to the Moon's composition....like igneous rock....and struck it with a metal rod (the rock, NOT your ear!) you'd hear that SOLID rock "ring like a bell" too....

Now....where people jump from (in the thread title) the word "chamber", to "hollow Moon", boggles my mind! A "chamber" is basically a large room. (The french word for "room"is "chambre"...after all).

"Chamber" can mean cavern, cave, etc too. AND, as seen in the post just above.....it is merely a portion of an old lava tube ("rille") that hasn't yet had the roof collapse inward....THAT is it!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

You beat me to it, Orion! I'll just add these links:
The Planetary Society
Atomicrockets
edit on 6-3-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by R_Clark

VERY cool find.

...I think we're looking at "managed disclosure." Can't help wondering what it is that we're being manipulated into thinking - or footing the bill for...

For India this isn't disclosure, just confirmation of their own religious beliefs.

"Disclosure" is only needed for those that don't believe in the first place.

I said managed disclosure. There IS an agenda.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
OK folks, the full paper is published in the Feb 2011 edition of "Current Science".

Here is the PDF version which you can download -

Full paper

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
....... This clearly means one of two things: either NASA has been lying this whole time or NASA is very very very bad at analyzing lunar data.

An Australian Scientist made the Lunar Dust hardware/experiment that was part of the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment.

To this day no human has ever studied the reels of information NASA recorded from it to find out what was found with that Experiment. The Reels were found last year but there isn't an operational piece of equipment on Earth that can read the data on the reels.

NASA IS very very bad at analyzing data it collects.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I feel you've misconstrued my reply. I sincerely didn't intend it to be patronizing. If that was how it seemed then I apologize. Initially I too was curious, so I researched and found the article. I was just sharing. When I'm in sarcasm mode, it is quite obvious but that wasn't it. You can save your flames.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

An Australian Scientist made the Lunar Dust hardware/experiment that was part of the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment.

To this day no human has ever studied the reels of information NASA recorded from it to find out what was found with that Experiment. The Reels were found last year but there isn't an operational piece of equipment on Earth that can read the data on the reels.

NASA IS very very bad at analyzing data it collects.

Can you provide a link for this?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by dragonseeker
great find. after reading hoagland"s "dark mission" I'm not surprised. and, yes, NASA has been lying.

About damn near everything.

Don't be too impressed with old Hoagies Dark Mission! There's a site called Dork Mission which points out all the mistakes that Hoagland made in his book... And there are many!
I love Richard Hoagland but if I hear him talk about how he has the "smoking gun" just one more time I'm likely to run amok with a meat cleaver and kill hundreds in a fit of dpression!

The thing that you left out of your sentence is hoagland paid for all of his own documentation of the moon with years of experience. What is Nasa's excuse, National Security? Why is everyone so critical of the individuals that want to find and search the truth and take a bump and bruise along the way-misinformation. People should be shouting at the top of their lungs that nasa and other entities need to have some kooth and start filling in the truth a bit to the people that have funded them. Owe never mind that would be in a world that has common sense, again never mind I forgot we like to have sodium fluoride in our toothpaste and believe the economy is back on track, silly me
edit on 6-3-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join