It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Underground Chamber Found on Moon By India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Giant Underground Chamber Found on Moon By India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft

www.dailygalaxy .com

The Indian Space Research Organization has discovered a "giant underground chamber" near the Moon's equator, in the Oceanus Procellarum area discovered by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft—more than one mile long (1.7 kilometers) and 393 feet wide (120 meters)-big enough to contain a small lunar city.

The Indian researchers have published a paper detailing their findings and talking about the possibility of making this giant underground vault as a future human base.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
theweek.com
www.telegraphindia.com

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It looks like India with its new set of eyes has disclosed more than NASA in its last 20 years.. (also story on Moon water last Feb). Chandrayaan is turning out to be a winner with Hoagland coming out on top of previous prognosticators. My hat is off to the Indians who have the largest democracy in the world and now give the Americans a bit of disclosure competition... I posted this a day late as no one had caught this and this is really core ATS news... Dratso!

www.dailygalaxy .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting tidbits from the Indian space program! Wonder whether that paper will be accessible by Joe Public, or if it's one of those requiring you to pay a subscription before being able to review...

I'll keep my trademark beady eye on this one, thanks for sharing.

* Bump *

Star and flag...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

VERY cool find.

...I think we're looking at "managed disclosure." Can't help wondering what it is that we're being manipulated into thinking - or footing the bill for...

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks India!

Let's see the Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft found ice/water on the Moon, so NASA countered by shooting a rocket to blow it up. How much you wanna bet we blow up this cavern to study it? :p

Something even more embarrassing for NASA- The cost of Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft was only $80 million dollars! Compare that to the $424 million dollar satellite NASA just lost that was only going to study the affect of aerosols on the Earth's climate....

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why can't this just be the foothold needed to demand answers of our own disclosure policies?! This clearly means one of two things: either NASA has been lying this whole time or NASA is very very very bad at analyzing lunar data.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Already here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Different forums, though....) Seems the Japanese beat the Chinese, reporting this first??? So.....(?)
edit on 5 March 2011 by weedwhacker because:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great find

And it dose get the mind going. Has NASA been hiding findings all along or are they not as good as India???
It certainly gets the mind racing.

S+F

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I like your style... It certainly raises questions; why the hell couldn't NASA tell us about this? 'National Security'..?

The idea that NASA/ JPL (et al) are somehow terribly incompetent when it comes to data analysis strikes me as unlikely. What kind of secrecy might we expect from 'Never a Straight Answer', who had both public and private command teams/ comms channels for the moon landing / Apollo trips?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, looks like India have called dibs on it. Fair one

With India in the driving seat, maybe NASA will call shotgun...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Compare that to the $424 million dollar satellite NASA just lost that was only going to study the affect of aerosols on the Earth's climate....

What kind of aerosols?

Oh wait, Weedwhacker's already showed up - I'm sure he can enlighten us...

Hmmm. Keyword search/ alert?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

In a few other threads I said chemtrails.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No.....

This clearly means one of two things: either NASA has been lying this whole time or NASA is very very very bad at analyzing lunar data.

Not "only two" things.

How about three??

Satellites ALL have specific mission objectives...they aren't multi-taskers, capable of just studying/measuring anything at all, on a whim. They have to be designed for each desired function and task.

If you took a pair of binoculars to the bottom of the ocean , and then complained that you couldn't discover any tiny amoebas, then you'd be laughed at.....

edit on 5 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Honestly, what is India's budget vs. NASA's
Also number of years in the space exploration industry

This is a huge win for India but also a huge punch in the face to America, but not an unfriendly
you know what I mean

But with all the money going into NASA.... it really makes you wonder

I remember watching a movie called the Astronaut Farmer... I think that was the title
it was a farmer going into outer space and NASA did not want the general public to know that it doesn't really cost that much for space exploration projects that even a farmer could go into outer space.

I don't think farmers can go into outer space, but I also don't think it really costs that much

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Cuervo

No.....

This clearly means one of two things: either NASA has been lying this whole time or NASA is very very very bad at analyzing lunar data.

Not "only two" things.

How about three??

Satellites ALL have specific mission objectives...they aren't multi-taskers, capable of just studying/measuring anything at all, on a whim. They have to be designed for each desired function and task.

If you took a pair of binoculars to the bottom of the ocean , and then complained that you couldn't discover any tiny amoebas, then you'd be laughed at.....

edit on 5 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

And you don't think that any of those satellites had a general mission objective of just "looking about"? Are you saying that none of the NASA satellites had chemical imaging or stratigraphy in mind?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Has anyone got a good internet site on the moon.

Many moons ago I would have heard different explanations on how the moon was formed and what it was. This seems now to be very much out of date.

We now hear it has water, magnesium, calcium, silver and and sodium. No gold huh? really?

Its got a huge cavern formed by volcanic lava, so it had lots of volacno's at one stage too then?

And now its possible it has a core similar to earths.

(For me personally, water is living, it is alive, so if there is water on the moon there is life on it. I just wonder was there once a lot more.)

It seems hard to get a decent run down on the moon anywhere.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
What kind of aerosols?

Here is a link explaining the study of 'aerosols' in the stratosphere which was the intended mission.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Just in case Weedwhacker is busy swatting flies. Hey WW.

edit on 5-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
With India in the driving seat, maybe NASA will call shotgun...

You mean 'riding shotgun' don't you?

NASA Administrator Mike Griffin and Indian Space Research Organization Chairman G. Madhavan Nair signed an agreement today to put two NASA scientific instruments on India's maiden voyage to the moon.

NASA To Work With India on Moon Mission
www.nasa.gov...

Seems US dollars will help India's space and nuclear programs

As part of his overall effort to reinvigorate our relationship with India, President Bush issued a joint statement with then Indian Prime Minister Vajpayee on November 9, 2001. Among other issues, the two leaders agreed to initiate discussion on civil space cooperation. On January 12, 2004, President Bush and Prime Minister Vajpayee announced the Next Steps in Strategic Partnership (NSSP), which proposed expanded engagement on civilian nuclear activities, civilian space programs and high-technology trade based on a series of reciprocal steps. President Bush and Prime Minister Singh further expanded these commitments to civil space cooperation in their Joint Statement of July 18, 2005, pledging to build closer ties in space exploration, satellite navigation and launch, and in the commercial space arena through mechanisms such as the U.S.-India Working Group on Civil Space Cooperation (JWG).

www.state.gov...

Maybe NASA can set up a field office in India like they did in Japan
ars will help India's space and nuclear programs

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Here is a link explaining the study of 'aerosols' in the stratosphere which was the intended mission.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...
Just in case Weedwhacker is busy swatting flies.

NASA Experiment May Have Caused Strange Light That Was Seen In The Sky
Eerie Cloud Created by NASA Rocket Experiment

Active Perturbation of the Near Earth Space Environment NASA, NAVY and HAARP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suppose you can't call them "aerosols" or "chemtrails", but they are spraying heavy metal chemicals into LEo and doing HAARP experiments

Just because I know how WW likes this stuff

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I KNOW! I thought the moon was just a big rock

I had no idea it had lava or anything else...apparently, I need to read up on the moon!
Way to go India!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join