It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis mobilise thousands of troops to quell growing revolt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Saudis mobilise thousands of troops to quell growing revolt

www.independent.co.u k

Saudi Arabia's worst nightmare – the arrival of the new Arab awakening of rebellion and insurrection in the kingdom – is now casting its long shadow over the House of Saud. Provoked by the Shia majority uprising in the neighbouring Sunni-dominated island of Bahrain, where protesters are calling for the overthrow of the ruling al-Khalifa family, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is widely reported to have told the Bahraini authorities that if they do not crush their Shia revolt, his own forces will.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Looks like the Saudi King's "hand-out" program to quell dissent, as I reported on a couple of weeks ago...

abovetopsecret.com...

...may not have been enough to quell the masses, who appear to be waking up, like others in the region, and tiring of living off crumbs and scraps, while dictators and "royals" use 14k gold crappers in their billion dollar palaces. lol

So first they dangle the tiny carrot, hoping for another distraction. Doesn't work---Now we bring out the stick.

Gotta keep that power over all the "little people" at all costs.

Seems like de ja vu is becoming a daily occurance in these recent times...

www.independent.co.u k

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

So first they dangle the tiny carrot, hoping for another distraction. Doesn't work---Now we bring out the stick.

Gotta keep that power over all the "little people" at all costs.

Seems like de ja vu is becoming a daily occurance in these recent times...

www.independent.co.u k

Well said. the people's thoughts wants needs are clear now and will not be forgotten every man and woman in these protests will not stop untill they are dead or free, it seems technology has finally gotten the word out to a majority of the world.

what word you ask? Freedom.

judging by the numbers 20.000 expected protesters, Vs 10,000 quickly hired and untrained police.

the outcome does not look good I only wish our supposed U.N. leaders were smart enough to see this coming and stop it.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Mr Obama will be gritting their teeth next Friday in the hope that either the protesters appear in small numbers or that the Saudis "restrain" their cops and security; history suggests this is unlikely. When Saudi academics have in the past merely called for reforms, they have been harassed or arrested. King Abdullah, albeit a very old man, does not brook rebel lords or restive serfs telling him to make concessions to youth. His £27bn bribe of improved education and housing subsidies is unlikely to meet their demands.

edit on 3/5/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

My oh my aren't we the enthusiastic one? Yes, it's all about the desire for freedom from the tyrants. There couldn't be another explanation to the recent unrest in the Middle East, could there? Sorry to shamelessly plug Proto's thread here but I'm telling you, they go hand in hand and rest assured, I plugged DD's thread on his!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by -W1LL

My oh my aren't we the enthusiastic one? Yes, it's all about the desire for freedom from the tyrants. There couldn't be another explanation to the recent unrest in the Middle East, could there? Sorry to shamelessly plug Proto's thread here but I'm telling you, they go hand in hand and rest assured, I plugged DD's thread on his!

I must be missing something?

oh yes your point?

enthusiastic? NO. Truthfull yes.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I understand what you mean. I was just thinking about the thread that I plugged there as I read the article provided by the opening post and your post to me seemed enthusiastic about the people's decision to revolt. It is definitely truthful, like you say though. I didn't mean to come across as an ass. I was actually enthusiastic that I saw the connection between the two!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
just like failing businesses country's should be allowed to topple without our intervention. lets just pull out already.

i mean out of everywhere
edit on 5-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with "Freedom"...

These people won't be much (if any) better off when a more hard-lined regime, less USA-friendly regime takes over. When we finally give up on the ME as far as producing oil, because it's in chaos....Then the common man is screwed over there.

It seems pretty obvious the whole ME uprising has been planned and executed by the world's Elites.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

These people won't be much (if any) better off when a more hard-lined regime, less USA-friendly regime takes over. When we finally give up on the ME as far as producing oil, because it's in chaos....Then the common man is screwed over there.

It seems pretty obvious the whole ME uprising has been planned and executed by the world's Elites.

the ME has been in chaos for a long time that hasn't stopped the US so far...

I would like to know what evidence leads you to believe the Elites are behind the people uprising together?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by -W1LL

I understand what you mean. I was just thinking about the thread that I plugged there as I read the article provided by the opening post and your post to me seemed enthusiastic about the people's decision to revolt. It is definitely truthful, like you say though. I didn't mean to come across as an ass. I was actually enthusiastic that I saw the connection between the two!

Likewise, I ask your point with all respect because I genuinely missed it.

that thread is a good read as you said. goes hand in hand with this. I am passionate about these current uprising just more worried and watchful than enthusiastic. but I wont deny I am enthusiastic in general.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When Saudi Arabia falls and all the OPEC countries are so destabilized, KSA in particular, they will have a very hard time exporting oil. This will push a barrel of oil up over $200 which the oil barons will then use to become wealthier than ever imagined. They will open up the oil reserves across the United States soon after that occurs which will break the agreement they made with the OPEC nations back in the 1970s where we will not use our oil reserves so long as they buy our T-bills.

We will start drilling here, they will drop our debt leading to the planned destruction of the dollar and a collapse of the American economy. China will use the agreement they just signed with Russia to keep themselves from experiencing the collapse of OPEC. Then the global elite will offer us Americans a choice, they will open up the oil fields and start pumping the oil at $16 a barrel BUT we must accept their new reserve currency and when we do they will charge the oil to us more than 1,000% of what it will actually cost, they will pocket the profits, and the Arab nations will starve to death creating a humanitarian crisis.

The Arab nations will be divided up due to so much fighting and the riots in Europe and America by Muslims who seen that their Arab brothers were double crossed will be immense. Parts of Europe could turn into what will resemble war zones, possibly civil war because the Muslims will be extraordinarily angry. How many Arabs do you think will survive if they can no longer export their oil, purchase our dollars and buy food with? How many people can those deserts sustain? Not many, so many Arabs will die it is horrifying, they will be sent back 60 years to when they had nothing and were nomads. Then wherever there is 'terrorism' we will bomb them to guarantee they can never ever return to power because if they did they would want to do anything possible to destroy us, you think they hate us now, you have not seen anything yet.

These revolutions are staged by the oil barons to double cross the Arabs and create an elite utopia across the world where they will finally consolidate all power and wealth into their hands and force us to come crawling on all fours to their feet begging for help.

Please I hope the Arabs see what is happening and plead with their Sheiks, Princes, and Kings to do something immediately before they all starve to death.

All of this and much more is explained HERE
edit on 3/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The Saud family isn't going anywhere, not after a 60bn deal( reported ) close to 150 bn to DoD, so what your reading or listening has nothing do with the pragmatic side of what is really going on, then again this is a conspiracy site, but in the event the saud's are or will be loosing their ground, then i suggest you go underground and go fast.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Planned and executed, no.

Taken advantage of and subverted, yes.

Happens to grassroots movements all the time, ask the Tea Party.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It's not like they obtained all that weaponry and are able to deploy at this point. The deal was just made and I believe they may have paid for it already. All the more reason to have them ousted!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is sure to send some ripples through the stock markets...

This is one of those moments where I feel a bit between a rock and a hard place...

I want nothing more than the fall of oil and OPEC, so in a strange way, I want them to quell the uprising to keep the teetering economy from going cliff-diving... but I understand that the costs of such a quelling means a loss of life, which I'm not ok with in any way. If nothing happens, then the uprising will just gather more steam until we're looking at $8-9 a gallon gas.

I'm surprised oil has not gone up more than it already has because when it hit $150 a barrel, there was a lot less happening in the world at the time compared to now.

S&F DD.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by Signals

the ME has been in chaos for a long time that hasn't stopped the US so far...

I would like to know what evidence leads you to believe the Elites are behind the people uprising together?

You can start by investigating the CIA spy in captivity in Pakistan right now. This guy was trying to get nuke material to terrorists, it's all over MSM..

What about the Google employee in Egypt?

Do you really believe this is about Freedom for these people? They're clueless.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well said. you opened my eyes just a bit more.
I just hope you're wrong about the oil barons, although the evidence of oil says otherwise

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The people have gotten tired of being enslaved plain and simple.
in a country with so much wealth you would think everyone
would get a fair share of that wealth. Instead you see nepotism
and the good ol boy network in effect. Everyone that is in that
network are living it up and have need of nothing with everyone
who isn't included looking in and saying WTF!

You know what is going to happen right? Those who have
nothing are gonna hit the wells and or pipelines just to
stick it to them. That in turn will cause oil and gas to
skyrocket furthering the domino effect and maybe even
cause it to worsen in the western and asian world. You would
think that the leaders of those countries could see past their
own greed and give the people a fair share of what is also theirs.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I have been watching that and yes it has to do with TPTB as you mentioned.
I don't see these operatives or the elite in control of the peoples movement though,

are TPTB trying to hijack it? your damn right about that.
but it is not going well for them and that is my point these people are realizing they can come together like the U.S. one did, now it is sad to say we are not united. WE bicker and fight over unimportant things, these people in the ME are realizing humanity again!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Daily Kos link detailing federal sock puppet account management software that can make 3 guys look like 300 posters online

For starters THIS is how revolutions can be gamed.

Factor this in with the STATED AIMS of cass sunstein and some of the anomalous activity seen webwide in the last little while and.... you've got, if not evidence of serious gaming, then good indicators of issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join