It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof is in the pudding, The UNION has sold out their people...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I have a simple line of thought.... After watching the garbage in WI something else passed my mind...

I was pumping gas..

It hit me like a ton of bricks... a complete ton of bricks... There is one organization that could stop OPEC cold dead in its tracks...

OPEC

The 'Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries' (OPEC, pronounced /ˈoʊpɛk/ OH-pek) is an intergovernmental organization of twelve developing countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela. OPEC has maintained its headquarters in Vienna since 1965,[2] and hosts regular meetings among the oil ministers of its Member Countries. Indonesia withdrew in 2008 after it became a net importer of oil, but stated it would likely return if it became a net exporter again.[3]

This organization could force the US government to hit OPEC with the full might of this country....
And guess what ...NOT A PEEP...

Thats right the Unions could call for a complete strike acorss the US... Not a thing moves not a item leaves the docks... Not a single thing gets shipped... nadda....

No cops
no firefighters...
No drivers...
No shipments going out or coming in...
no planes moving...
No tv shows
no writers...
No sports...
ect...

And you know what is sad this war over oil the americans would back... You bought gas lately...

You know what is sad.. The companies would back them... " Why should we pay for higher cost we have to pay for all this" I would just about say that 70% of the companies would join...

As for the military... I do not see the officers suceeding giving the orders here.. they would have to face the enlisted who can barely afford to feed their families.... now... I think they and thier officers would tell DC they would willing go to opec and bring it down...

(they would declare them illegal orders with out thinking twice.....)

Yet nothing...

So go ask you shop stewards why no universal strike from the unions as a whole..... Over the cost of gas... it is part of the problem and yet nothing from part of the source of the problem.....

Yes Why not an actual war over oil now....

Why should we pay and starve while DC gets fatter...

Why is the only organization that could concievably force the whole issue silent...

They sold out their people...

Go ahead and ask you shop stewards and ask why have WE not done a thing about the gas prices... We could stop it...

Also imagine how powerful the union would be if they pulled this off... and what they could use the popularity for.... Yet nothing but silence... total silence on an issue that may well like a cancer kill the union....

I can not be the only one who has wondered this.....

So I ask in this madness in the US why does it appear with this question that the union has sold out all her people...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ah someone said proof...

Here it is...

With a raising of cost in gas it has a 'trickle down' effect....

It cost more to ship items...
it cost the companies more to purchase products...
they have to raise prices in response...
people purchase less...
people get let go...and cant afford things....
so they buy less...
Less purchases mean less taxes...

and the cycle goes on and on....

Its economics supply and demand working with scarcity to take us Mericans out...

If I was union this is a threat to me...

A pure basic is this...

if a company cant remain profitable I cant gouge it....

so for this to work I have to make sure the beast lives....

if it closes up all shops there is no one to negotiate with...

I would have to say that fixing of oil prices to gouge us vs gouging companies we work for him... my bread and butter versus yours...

it is in the unions interest to do this and yet not a peep... it smells fishy to me...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sorry for the off topic but this is one of those really annoying things, you know, like people eating with their mouths open? The saying is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" not the "the proof is in the pudding".

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If the unions brought our nation to a halt it would hurt us more financially than the rise in gas prices. So it really wouldn't be the best option...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

No it is completely on topic.....

I went with a more common man approach to the title then proper english usage... What you said is oddly enough on topic....

You have raised the side issue that will suffer most because the Union does nothing... Where are Educations dollars going to come from?

Look what they have done so far... We cant even afford the overhaul....

Thank you for reminding me that not all with who I communicate with slept through english or plotted ways to sleep with the english teacher...

What she was hot....
(whole other topic....)

NO you brought up a key part.....

How many goverment programs may actually be feeling the pre obama hype gas prices as they now hit budgets fully????

this whole situation saddens me... Fore I have nasty feeling my evil ways will be all that stands between myself and my friend failing....

thank you for your on topic post...as I consider it

kent walls

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

It would force the government to do something NOW while their is still time....

What price is a good time...

The union does nothing it will fall... coperations know the landscape will change and the union is a non-competitive feature that in survival matters the companies will use their might to stop from surviving... The unions may well die over the gas issue.... They lost my respect a long time ago...

They may promise a few some crumbs but that is it crumbs... when they could have more...

No the damage from the prices...

If it is now pre- 5 dollars a gallon nationwide then yes the damage fear monger complain about will be minimal... other wise unions will go the way of the dino, the dodo, and american finacial freedom... extinct...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

and

and

and

so they do seem to be following this strategy...

he seems to slam both sides...

lol...

and...

see their is no plan to lower the prices.... The union sold out... thats right ...

Why did you the supposed force of 'economic freedom', not call a nationwide strike on the US over gas prices?

everything is going up...

Unless you want to pay more... I here the crickets but no answers....

No I think union did what it does best... it cut a deal... and left a few million Americans out in the cold.. Well from the looks of WI your back is being broken and you deserve it... I will not believe a thing said till you use your power responsibly...

With great power comes great responsibility... no truer words where spoken...

new topics

top topics

join