World Domination, Whats the Point?

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The more I learn about the "leading" of the masses, the more I see some weight to the theory that global society as a whole is headed toward being dominated by few. However, since history has shown that societies that are enslaved lose motivation and are not productive, do not advance in the sciences and just rebel and fight unless they have something that personally motivates them to tow the line, what end result are these "few" looking for? Is it for the good? IE: As a means to control the negative effects of overpopulation? Or negative, such as who knows what?

I am interested in ideas.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
why do people want to take over the world ( sun flares are gonna kill it anyways )

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i belive that whoever is trying to take over the world is doing so because the belive we are on a lower level than them. so they try and controll us and mold us into thier thier own image. the truth is there is no such thing as supiriority and that we are all on the same level universally we just have different beliefs and perceptions than them.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think its greed. the higher powers love the way they live and want it to continue that way so they will do watever it takes to keep there power.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I believe ANY population, even one that is subjugated will, if they believe their lives and families are threatened, work/fight to survive. I've never really thought about this before, but an ongoing threat of terrorism would work quite well, wouldn't it? Hmmmm, something for me to ponder.

Question is, 'Would you get more and better science out of a free, unthreatened society or a subjugated, threatened one?'

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i would never want to take over the world, be number one. Too many ppl will want to take you down. I use this same phliosophy in the games "life" and "risk". I never get the best paying job if i can help it, i get the second highest. Then when ppl get to trade salarys, i still keep mine. And in risk, you have to fly under the radar. If you were number two, you would still have a heckof alot of power, but the sniper would not be aimming for you.

---pineapple

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have thought about this many times before and the only thing I can come up with, is insanity!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a free society would be much more obligated to think accomplish things. paranoid people are too busy worrying. when u are free you can clear your head and let intelegence take over. i stopped watching television a while ago (except for adult swim
) i can tell you i have never felt smarter! as for the way things are right now corporations are inching their way closer to world domination, as long as people are senselessly brainwashed into feeding from the coporate trough nothing will change.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think that the "leaders" that is trying this very thing today, have learned from the past. The past tells You that it's stupid to ramble out that You want to dominate. Instead one have to do it "undercover" presenting themselves to help and "showing" us why!
Haven't You noticed this YEAT????

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF THE HUMANS!!!!!!!!
Flash them in one direction and make a move in the other. This is a well known teknik in fighting but hardly enyone ever use this knowledge in life.

And why does anyone want to dominate ones enviroment? Well... We all want to feel secure and have a resonable control of our surroundings.

[edit on 26/7/04 by Protoss]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
hey! i want to controll the world(someday) dose that make me insane?
i just want to help ppl, it's not like i'd do some sort of nazi take over pln, and distroy all who don't fit my plan.. i just want there to be some sort of balance in the world, plus, if all the countrys are linked and stuff, you can ration food to eleminate world hunger,and to get rid of that nasty fat, but, i think that would only hafway work i think ppl would be all like "theys lots of food, why do you want to ration it for everybody? so i would have to keep places like McDonalds open, and the Burger King...
i think i'll buy a small country to start with, and then take over some smaller ones.... LOL
and i don't think ppl would feel like they were traped, i would let everone have all the admenments we have in the US, and fund more money to NASA and other goverment funded sci groups.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You may want to learn how to spell first...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
You may want to learn how to spell first...

nothing offence dude, but that was uncalled for

*gets emotional*

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kogigaiden
I think its greed. the higher powers love the way they live and want it to continue that way so they will do watever it takes to keep there power.

You got it partly right. It's mainly ego, that's got the elite so hung about ruling the world.

top topics

join