It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Star reporter quits in protest at tabloid's 'anti-Muslim' coverage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Christianity is just as bad as Islam

Shows how closet minded you are if you keep stating that.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

In the Daily Star phone poll yesterday, 98% of readers said they agreed with the EDL’s policies.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

The people have spoken, and the EDL have answered.

The people?

Oh you mean the people who read the Daily Star? Oh right

You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Catholics, Jews, do not cause any trouble in the UK.

Look at what the Muslims have done.

Bury Park Rioting, Luton Rioting, Sex gangs, need i go on?

Islam is dead in the UK, the Prime Minister said so himself.

I have no problem with Religion. But when it starts attacking my country, im not going to sit there and do nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

In the Daily Star phone poll yesterday, 98% of readers said they agreed with the EDL’s policies.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

The people have spoken, and the EDL have answered.

The people?

Oh you mean the people who read the Daily Star? Oh right

You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

I was reffering to the populos poll which found a large proportion of the population opposed to immigration.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another demo held by the EDL today in Rochdale.

Police estimated that about 400 people joined the EDL side of the protest at the town hall, with up to 100 taking part in the counter-demonstration

EDL had 3* more members attend.

The UAF is a joke, the EDL has only been around since 2009 and has a membership just under 80k.

Whilst the UAF has been around for a long time and has a confirmed membership of 1700

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

UAF NOT COMMUNISTS?

Dont make me laugh

Believe what you will my amply bigoted EDL troll friend. I'm sure communists in the UK oppose the EDL, just like most normal - non-mental - people do.

Don't waste your life supporting the EDL, because it WILL cost you your life in the end when the reckoning comes. I'm going to stay as far away from it as I can, because it always ends up the same way. The guilty and the innocent getting killed. Believe it or not, I'm trying to save you from that fate by arguing against your beliefs in the hope that somehow, your blind subservience to these fascists will open up to realism...

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I have no problem with Religion. But when it starts attacking my country, im not going to sit there and do nothing.

No, you have a problem with anyone that opposes what you want to happen - you will do whatever it takes to make them shut up and obey. And 'YOUR' country? Seriously did you actually say that? You mean YOUR white, male, Sun and Daily Mail reading totalitarian state? In your wet dreams sunshine.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I was reffering to the populos poll which found a large proportion of the population opposed to immigration.

Oh right.

In that case, yes, the people have spoken. All 2,425 of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Rev.

Can you please tell me EXACTLY how you think the EDL is racist? Bearing in mind Islam is NOT a race but an ideology.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's the same throughout Europe. Norway for example, you don't see Jew's burning cars and schools. You don't see Hindu's burning our flag in protest. You don't see Catholics beat up others because of a different religious standpoint.

But ISLAM does. Simple fact is, if they'd be more peaceful no one would say a word about it. Just like if Jew's or Hindus were out rioting, bringing up our countries crime rate, people would speak out about them as well.

As they say, "the truth hurts".

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Rev.

Can you please tell me EXACTLY how you think the EDL is racist? Bearing in mind Islam is NOT a race but an ideology.

Gladly.

The EDL is racist, because a large proportion of their members are either current or ex BNP members - an openly racist party. Many are also previous members of the now-defunct England First Party - another openly racist political party. Many are also currently members of the English Democrats, a secretly racist party.

The EDL's philosophy of targeting Islam, and NOT just radical / dangerous Islam - eg religious extremists, has set the tone. The EDL contains lots of Christian fundamentalists, who are just as bad as the people they oppose - hating gays, and other bigoted mindsets. I know this - I've been 'inside', I've SEEN it with my own eyes.

The racism really comes to a head when you see things like this -

www.youtube.com...

Can you tell me that isn't racism?

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Large proportion?

Please provide evidence.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

Believe what you will my amply bigoted EDL troll friend. I'm sure communists in the UK oppose the EDL, just like most normal - non-mental - people do.

Don't waste your life supporting the EDL, because it WILL cost you your life in the end when the reckoning comes. I
The Rev.

Are you for real?

Your implying im going to get killed for opposing a religion.

Then i rest my case.

Islam is truly a violent religion if your implying my life is in danger. Thanks for proving my point

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Not the prestigious and oh so credible and impartial Daily Star! Surely not!

How many regular buyers actually read the articles anyway? I was under the impression that you're supposed to look at the pictures and then burn the evidence asap.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Muslim member of the English Defence League on demo

www.bbc.co.uk...

The EDL's supporters included Abdul Salaam, a Glasgow man who says he is a Muslim and argues that more Muslims should take the same stand.

Guramit Singh EDL

----

Indian Defence League
The Indian Defence League (IDL) is a human rights organisation that was founded in the wake of the shocking actions of Muslim extremists.

Pakistan Defence League ( PDL)
The white stripe represents the non-Muslim, minority, religious groups.we welcome minorities of Pakistan

New Zealand Defence League (NZDL)
Founded to protect the Unalienable rights of all nations and the Constitutional Monarchy of New Zealand and its protectorates.

American Defense League (ADL)
Founded to protect the Unalienable Rights of all mankind and to Preserve the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America. Standing with Israel forever.

German Defence League Like
Erhaltung der christlichen Werte in Europa!
Gegen den politischen Islam in Europa!
Für Grundgesetz und Menschenrechte!

Liga de Defensa Española

"Hay un límite en que la tolerancia deja de ser virtud." "Para que triunfe el mal, sólo es necesario que los buenos no hagan nada." Edmund Burke

Flemish Defence League (FLDL)
De Flemish Defence League is een sociale apolitieke beweging, opgericht naar Engels voorbeeld*, die zich buiten het beschermen van de Vlaamse samenleving tegen kwalijke domestische

Austrian Defence League

Canadian Defence League
Protecting And Promoting Human Rights The Canadian Defence League (CDL) is a human rights organisation that exists to protect the inalienable rights of all people to protest against radical Islam’s encroachment into the lives of non Muslims.

Danish Defence League
Danish Defence League er en gruppe af almindelige mennesker der har fået nok af islamiske ekstremister i Danmark, deres indvirkning på samfundet og regeringens knæfald overfor muslimsk dominans.

Ligue de Défense Française (LDF)
Les extrémistes prêchent la haine dans nos rues, soutiennent les terroristes et travaillent inlassablement à la destruction de notre société démocratique, tout cela sous le couvert d'activités religieuses, cela doit cesser.

Italian Defense League (IDL)
Italian Defense League is part of the growing international defence league movement of peaceful resistance to the Islamfication of the Europe we love.

There are lots more. All splinter groups of the EDL. If there is a war, the winner is clear.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Large proportion?

Please provide evidence.

He asked a very interesting question in the post you're replying to Haydn, why not reply to that instead of ignoring everything and asking a question of your own? (nice tactic though) Here it is in case you "missed it":

*Video has been fixed by me*

Can you tell me that isn't racism?

The Revenant.

Face It Haydn, the EDL are a sick, disgusting, vile, racist group.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No, you have a problem with anyone that opposes what you want to happen - you will do whatever it takes to make them shut up and obey. And 'YOUR' country? Seriously did you actually say that? You mean YOUR white, male, Sun and Daily Mail reading totalitarian state? In your wet dreams sunshine.

wow that was pretty offense there, i guess you have no problem living in a Islamic totalitarian state if so then pick your bags and leave your views like that aren't welcomed in the EU.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Turkish Defence League (TDL)
Islam weakened the Turks national relations; it numbed Turkish national feelings and enthusiasm. This was natural, because Mohammedanism was based on Arab nationalism above all nationalities " ATATURK "

Indonesian Christian Defense League

Indonesian Christian Defense League was established on 14 september 2010, this league has aim to unite and defense Indonesian christian. and this page will provide information about the current condition of Indonesian christian to the world.
This page is not only provide the current condition, but also provide some christianity materials that can improve our faith in Jesus Christ.

Indonesia Defense League (IDL)
This page Founded to protect the Unalienable Rights of all mankind and to Preserve the Republic Indonesia from the Islamic Terrorism. save Indonesia!!!. God bless Indonesia.

Mexican Defense League (Liga de Defensa Mexicana)
El problema es el islam, no el islam integrista. Esto último no es más que un invento de intelectuales europeos que nos quieren hacer creer que existe otro islam que no sería extremista, el famoso islam de los moderados. No existen dos islam, uno moderado y otro integrista, existe el islam integral. El islam es integral o no es.

Greek Defense League

We are a Christian nation who has suffered in the hands of ISLAM. The Turks have been trying to destroy our culture and country for years. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WE ARE TAKING GREECE BACK NOW!!

Iraqi Defense League
General information
Help Iraqi Christian

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yes, you've quite well illustrated that racism and bigotry, and organised fascism is a global problem shared by all cultures. Thanks for proving my point.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

It's the same throughout Europe. Norway for example, you don't see Jew's burning cars and schools. You don't see Hindu's burning our flag in protest. You don't see Catholics beat up others because of a different religious standpoint.

It's the same in Denmark.

Usually it is Muslims who create negative attention. Especially with Street Gangs. And methods used by some when they express their dissatisfaction, which apparently can only be expressed through violence and threats

But no rule without exceptions. Many Muslims do not make more problems than the "natives".
They are almost invisible, because the media is only interested in writing about something that causes people to feel outrage and anger.

edit on 5-3-2011 by flymetothemoon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join