It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornwall UFO Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OK, these aren't new stories, but I haven't been able to find anything about them elsewhere on the web. I got my mum to give me details what she remembered, as this was before I was born, but would still be interested to know if anyone heard about these or was there!

One night my Dad was working in the tinners arms and guy called "postofffice" Pete came in and askes for a double whisky, not like him... Earlier in the evening his girlfriend Caroline Bond had left the house to go to Penzance, she called to Pete to come outside what they saw was... A green mistly figure on a kind of stalk, where legs would be it hovered around then disappered behind there barn.

Lots of people saw the craft, even the local policeman, who lived in new mill where it happened,was a believer, my parents always thought it strange he was moved to the coroners offce not long after the goings on. Pete and caroline both had "appendicitis" after this incedent, pete lost a lot of hair and took to wearing a wig.Covert investigation into the incident took place and there were MOD around....

Some time later my Dad was driving home on the top moor road he saw a light over towards ladydowns, he thought it strange has the posiiton of the light was not anywhere near the properties in that direction. He stopped the car to look and... as he did so the light whizzed of towards Zennor. Jumping in the car he raced home and told my mum. They both went outside and clearly saw a rapidly moving light that zigzaged out over the sea. It was faster than anything they had ever seen and there was no sound. My mother talked to someone about this at the time, but before could go into detail they recalled seeing a "light " that moved in the same way when they lived in a remote part of Devon.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntheticbutterfly
OK, these aren't new stories, but I haven't been able to find anything about them elsewhere on the web. I got my mum to give me details what she remembered, as this was before I was born, but would still be interested to know if anyone heard about these or was there!

One night my Dad was working in the tinners arms and guy called "postofffice" Pete came in and askes for a double whisky, not like him... Earlier in the evening his girlfriend Caroline Bond had left the house to go to Penzance, she called to Pete to come outside what they saw was... A green mistly figure on a kind of stalk, where legs would be it hovered around then disappered behind there barn.

Lots of people saw the craft, even the local policeman, who lived in new mill where it happened,was a believer, my parents always thought it strange he was moved to the coroners offce not long after the goings on. Pete and caroline both had "appendicitis" after this incedent, pete lost a lot of hair and took to wearing a wig.Covert investigation into the incident took place and there were MOD around....

Some time later my Dad was driving home on the top moor road he saw a light over towards ladydowns, he thought it strange has the posiiton of the light was not anywhere near the properties in that direction. He stopped the car to look and... as he did so the light whizzed of towards Zennor. Jumping in the car he raced home and told my mum. They both went outside and clearly saw a rapidly moving light that zigzaged out over the sea. It was faster than anything they had ever seen and there was no sound. My mother talked to someone about this at the time, but before could go into detail they recalled seeing a "light " that moved in the same way when they lived in a remote part of Devon.

Hey there syntheticbutterfly,

Very interesting account(s) ... you say in the OP that this is not a new story but can you say when abouts it happened (rough date / year) ?

Also what time of day or night did the incidents occur ... were they roughly about the same time ?

Did Pete and Caroline ever discuss their thought about the incident and possible connection with their appendix (how far apart was the appendix problems between the two of them) ?

Besides hair loss in Pete's case did either of them have any rashes at the time of the incident ?

Are they still living in your area and if so could you maybe ask them about the night in more detail ?

How long were the covert investigations by the MOD going on for and what kind of investigations were they ?

Would it be at all possible to maybe take some photographs of where this took place (from different directions) in order to provide some perspective ?

Sorry for all the questions but for whatever reason this feels like it may have been the real deal

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks for your comment - I think it is best for me to get my mum to respond to your questions, I noticed she joined ATS last night, lol!
Unfortunately no go on photos of the area as we are all too far away, unless my mum has some from that time that she can scan and upload!
Will send her a message and get her to come and update on this!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just come up with this link which mentions it at number 8 on the list :
www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntheticbutterfly
Thanks for your comment - I think it is best for me to get my mum to respond to your questions, I noticed she joined ATS last night, lol!
Unfortunately no go on photos of the area as we are all too far away, unless my mum has some from that time that she can scan and upload!
Will send her a message and get her to come and update on this!

Ok thanks I look forward to anything your mom might be able to add and thank-you for the link

What's your mom's username on here ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

hi Syntheticbutterflys mum here (mothermary)

i will try to answer your questions but it was a long time ago!

The incident at the post office was early on in the evening, the light over the moor was later in the evening, both on very clear nights.
The illness suffered was at the sametime, if I remember rightly they were in hospital together,
a strange reluctance to talk about this seem to tak ea lot of us over, Pete was always quite reserved and after the inital conversation he did not seem to want to talk about it, He never ever mentioned the hairlose but the wig was very obvious.
Pete and caroline parted a little while after this took place, we live in Spain and I do not know if one or both of them are still in cornwall, guess the old post office is still there. Fairly sure Pete said at the time that the green misty thing went in to the as yet undeveloped barn.
There was a lot of talk about the spaceship, the MOD kept a low profile and i guess they will deny everthing.
All we know is that Pete told my husband about this on the night it happened, within th ehour I would say, I do not think he really wanted to believe what he saw.

I shall never forget watching the mystery light come from the land and go out over the see, in complete silence, zigzagging across the sky , it was a calm night, at the time zennor had no light pollution and night were very very quite. I found it quite scarey and was glad to get back into the cottage ( tregaseal, at the top of Zennor) and check on my kids. Rememeber we were used to seeing planes etc going over the sea, this was nothing like that at all.
sorry I cannot give you more details.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mothermary

Thank-you so much for that I really appreciate it ... I don't know the Zennor area too well ... I know more about the North West (Tintagel / Boscastle area) ... but I'm inclined to think this may have been a USO rather than a UFO.

I accept what you say about knowing the difference between a plane and what you saw ... fascinating.

If Pete and Caroline were hospitalized together it's very unlikely that they suffered apendicitis ... it would be great to know more about their actual symptoms but I'm guessing that's not possible.

In spite of the lack of photographs and more details this (for me at least) is one of the more believable encounters.

If only someone had checked out the barn for evidence / residue ... but I suppose we're all wise in hindsight

Thanks so much for sharing. Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

no problem, think it worth repeating that Pete was not a drinker and he was in a state of shock when he arrived at the Tinners arms, John , my husband, clearly remembers this day. I to wish someone had thought about physical evidence at the time. Though of course some goverment agency may well have done so.
Zennor was(is'?) a strange place that has attracted many odd sorts over the years, Aleister Crowely was there for a while, it also has many mysteries the mermaid ledgend being the most famous.
When John saw the light, which we believe was some sort of craft, it was over Ladydowns and it headed over Zennor and out to sea. Nowadays we would have been busy using our phones to take picutres, in someways I am glad we were not, to have really watched it and not just captured it on camera has i am sure left a far stronger image in our minds.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mothermary

Forgot to say this happened in the autumn of 1977.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm from Cornwall, I'll ask mum if she heard anything about this incident.

I'll link the thread to her and see if she can remember anything, I was only a toddler at the time

ETA have you checked old copies of the West Briton?
edit on 5-3-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thx for sharing your story,i live in devon & spend a bit of time down cornwall but have never really seen anything like a ufo,seen a few ghosts but other than that just stories like yours.
A friend of mine said he saw a ufo in cornwall whilst having a camping trip but nothing happened to him like what happened to caroline & pete.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

really interested to read this link, good to put an exact date to one of the incidents. Is it posible to find where the info given came from?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hi,

spoke to mum and she doesnt recall anything about it
on a side not I wrote a thread about Chysauster which is near Zennor you might be interested in
Cyhsauster

top topics

join