It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Theory On How Humans Made Their Way To The Americas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is very intresting stuff.
Here we learn that there were people in the Americas even before the ice melted and before the Clovis people.

I cant find any related news articles on this yet, but the videos are real nice !

Part 1

Part 2

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these videos. This is a fascinating topic especially at the end if the second video where they discuss the rare coastal dna. The multiple migration theory makes sense to me if these coastal people had the technological know-how to build boats.

SnF to you sir!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This article may be related. I was going to make a thread on it, but decided not to.

California Islands Give Up Evidence of Early Seafaring: Numerous Artifacts Found at Late Pleistocene Sites on the Channel Islands

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'll throw down some comments for the videos:

WOW. This is a huge story, not just for archeological circles, but for anyone who's beliefs might stray from the official cannons of science!

I had not heard about this before, but I will follow it very closely. The topic is interesting in it's own right, but I am very curious to see how this plays out in the stratified world of academia. One of my professors jokes about the group of "old white guys with beards" who make all the formal decisions about what is and isn't accepted geological theory. I am sure Archeo has the same structure. These committee members have a lifetime of work invested into accepted theories, and overturning said theories would (in their minds) negate all their achievements in the field.

I think academia underestimates the industry of early humans. Too often we ascribe primitive thought processes to their primitive lifestyles...IMO they were humans like us, with the capacity to invent and problem solve. No one thinks of farmers as engineers, but on a daily basis they use what they have at hand: duct tape and bailing wire, to engineer solutions.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This was a beautiful find! Ive often wondered about this theory before and its possibilities. Its nice to see that the scientific community is accepting other theories and showing some proof. S&F

Side note: Petrified poop, who knew it would cause a break threw in the way we learn about the migration of our ancestors.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder if/when the shool teachings will pick up on this though, will our children be unaware of this until there is enough New things to make a whole new set of books ?

And I wonder truely how far back we go...

top topics

join