It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia drafts in up to 10,000 troops ahead of protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia drafts in up to 10,000 troops ahead of protests

www.tel egraph.co.uk

Saudi Arabia is drafting in up to 10,000 security forces to the north eastern Muslim Shia provinces ahead of mass protests planned next week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Saudi prince assaults male servant to death

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Desperate to avoid mass uprisings against the House of Saud, security forces have deployed in huge numbers across the region.

King Abdullah is also reported to have told neighbouring Bahrain that if they do not put down their own ongoing Shia revolt, his own forces will.

In response to the massive mobilisation, protesters are planning to place women on the front ranks to discourage Saudi forces from firing on them.

In Yemen, President Ali Abdullah Saleh set off a deadly battle for survival last night as he rejected an opposition peace proposal and ordered troops to fire on demonstrators, killing four. Efforts to suppress demonstrations by the key ally in the “war on terror” could jeopardise rising volumes of Western aid flooding into the country, diplomats warned.

President Saleh rejected an opposition proposal that would have brought demonstrations to a standstill in return for a promise to step down by the end of the year. Yemeni troops used rockets and machineguns to attack demonstrators in the north of the country, killing four and injuring nine.

Saudi Arabia is next .. and they know it
the king have been already warned about some kind of apocalyptic scenario and they fear more then anything the people massing up to overthrow the king and all other rich prince

those regime in the ME were long due to be removed
i just hope it to be similar to Egypt .. not another Lybian bloody scenario
another leader with an ego always lead to blood
at least mubarak left it at some point

After the Saudi .. the USA and Israel will be left alone in this region..
its time to BACK OFF and let the arabs build a fresh start for a better futur without any western involvement

the government money is the peoples money

www.tel egraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/5/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Protests in Saudi Arabia will never happen. If they do happen, oil will sky rocket to prices we've never seen before. It will basically be the end of the world as we know it. Saudi Arabia is the biggest oil producer in the world, its the head of the snake.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Protests in Saudi Arabia will never happen. If they do happen, oil will sky rocket to prices we've never seen before. It will basically be the end of the world as we know it. Saudi Arabia is the biggest oil producer in the world, its the head of the snake.

I think its innevitable..
someone knew about a coming uprising mass movement by the people in the ME
do you remember this article ?

Prince Warned of “Apocalypse: US Will Not Survive the Loss”

Saudi Prince Turki bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has warned the country’s royal family to step down and flee before a military coup or a popular uprising overthrows the kingdom.
In a letter published by Wagze news agency on Tuesday, the Cairo-based prince warned Saudi Arabia’s ruling family of a fate similar to that of Iraq’s executed dictator Saddam Hussein and the ousted Iranian Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, calling on them to escape before people “cut off our heads in streets.”

He warned that the Saudi royal family is no longer able to “impose” itself on people, arguing that deviations in carrying out the religious concepts that make up the basis of the Saudi government ”have gotten out of our hands,” so that the opposition views our acts as “interfering in people’s private life and restricting their liberties.”

“If we are wise, we must leave this country to its people, whose dislike for us is increasing,” said Prince Turki, advising Saudi officials to escape with their families.

“Do it today before tomorrow as long as the money we have is enough for us to live anywhere in the world; from Switzerland to Canada and Australia…we should not return as long as we are able to get out safely, we must take our families quickly and pull out,” he urged.

“Do not fool yourself by relying on the United States or Britain or Israel, because they will not survive the loss; the only door open is now the exit door of no return. Let us go before it closes.”

He finally warned against a military coup against the ruling family, saying “no one will attack us from outside but our armed forces will attack us.”

Prince Turki is a member of the liberal Free Princes movement founded in the 1950s amid tensions between King Faisal and his brother King Saud, requesting the Saudi authorities to implement political reforms and set out a constitution.

The late King Faisal expelled members of the civil rights group to Egypt but later on pardoned them.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia WILL be a bloodbath. There are hundreds of princes and they are in the command of all the military facilities and they will not let the people wrest the government from them. They will have no qualms about killing their own people. All labor in the kingdom is done by foreigners so it is not like they will be killing off the labor pool.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Saudis mobilise police and troops to quell revolt

www.independent.co.uk...
edi t on 5-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is oil production going to dry up when protests start, or will it continue?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

That still doesn't make it okay. Fact is they will be killing foreign workers... that's another countries people. countries that have foreign workers in Saudi will not be pleased.

Jamie.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So, bringing in 10000 troops to deal with a protest.
Suppresing the peoples voices.

Aswell as issuing threats that they will handle their neighbours protests...

Is this king.., Gaddafi in disguise?

When will this be talked about in the UN?

When will USA start talking about Saudi Arabia the way they have about Libya?

Will this be a classic "double standerds" moment?

Stay tunned.

eee.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

Good question. Are the gas prices going to go up, way up and beyond? I think so. The whole middle east is revolting and that just so happens where most of the world gets their oil. This is just going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I find it amusing in the sense that the government/monarchy (TPTB) try to suppress the voices with force.. yet it only makes it worse, it is postponed... for a while, but we will win.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Unfortunately I do not foresee a good outcome for this. It is named Saudi Arabia because of the Saud family that has been in power since 1932. The deal being that it would remain in Saud family so long as they were able to protect Mecca.

However given that Saudi Arabia has tried to break some ties with the US, then it will most like;y remain an internal affair. If it comes to civil war, this could become very bloody.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Originally posted by Student X

Good question. Are the gas prices going to go up, way up and beyond? I think so. The whole middle east is revolting and that just so happens where most of the world gets their oil. This is just going to get worse.

damn oil .. causing problems between countries that always finish in a bloodbath
adding the massive polution of earth atmosphere ... and those nasty oil spill that ruins oceans

I SAY ITS TIME TO BRING ON A FREE ENERGY
only electricity itself being provided freely from the air and water
adding the sun panels energy batteries ...
adding the green energy from our own bio waste

Why in the hell .. are we not using all of those in our quotidien life
available in each house .. imagine if we had done that in the past
investing in technologies so everyone of us have the tools to make a simple life
a dream life on earth where all people are egual and living in respect to others and planet earth
our real heaven was stolen by those government ... its time that we take back our diserved future

why again investing in this digusting slimy smelly oil ..
and spending trillions dollars and many lifes to control the oil ...
the governement of today are none sense ..
they know they can control and continu to steal money from the people
so they can enrich themself and their greedy friend

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

You're right it is not ok. I never said that it was ok. If the foreign workers are smart, they will not participate in the protests. I am all for getting rid of Kings, Dictators, Despots, and Professional Politicians, whether they be in America, or some foreign country.

Let the ruling elites everywhere quake in their boots and fear the knife at their throat while they sleep.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yes, imagine if every home had their own generator sized power supply that did not run on oil products. Imagine the infrastructure that would not have to be maintained. Imagine all the hydro dams that would no longer be necessary. Power stations, transmission lines, pcb laden transformers would all become things of the past. The economy would get a huge boost because people would now have much more money available to spend. Products would cost less because the energy to make them would be free if only we had zero point energy available.

Imagine the wars that would no longer be fought over energy resources as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My father told me that the saudis are cowards. they never fought their battles. in the gulf war they ran away from the iraqi invasion, calling the US for help. the fact that american marines that were facing the iraqis in that area didnt retreat. instead they remained in the city and directed fire on iraqi positions, the point is that the saudi could have stayed and fought but they ran away.

this protest will be somehow different, i'm sure the saudi troops will fight unarmed civilians. but gradually and as the uprise picks up strength, as well as weapons smuggled through iraq from iran, supporting their shia brethren. we will see a shift in power. things could get ugly real fast here, let me remind you that the saudi wahabi population have an unjustified hate against the shia to the point were they declared them kafir (non-muslims)

on another note i dont think the dying saudi king is ready to hear of any shocking news. his health is not stable.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Ben81

Yes, imagine if every home had their own generator sized power supply that did not run on oil products. Imagine the infrastructure that would not have to be maintained. Imagine all the hydro dams that would no longer be necessary. Power stations, transmission lines, pcb laden transformers would all become things of the past. The economy would get a huge boost because people would now have much more money available to spend. Products would cost less because the energy to make them would be free if only we had zero point energy available.

Imagine the wars that would no longer be fought over energy resources as well.

a real heaven on earth that is maybe not so far ahead .. its not to late to make it happen

i though that Obama would bring that .. i was wrong
now its in the people hands
once we are free from the chains .. there is no going back

2012 is the date when humankind is set free..
lets bring out this transition asap for our children and futur generations sake

the ME is said to be the birthplace of humankind ?
it all started there .. and thousand of years later the revolution started there to

coincidence ? or a sign ?

new topics

top topics

join