It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD buys £150,000 worth of books...then pulps them all.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

the ministry of defence have bought all the books "because at a late stage the text of the book was found to contain information that could damage national security and put at risk the lives of members of the Armed Forces"

just 50 words are to be removed....i wonder what these words were?

edit on 5-3-2011 by welshbeliever because: add link

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm going to wager a guess that a few of them are, "We are actively funding our enemy so that this war will never end so corporations can make money on the destruction and rebuilding of foreign nations." That leaves 24 words.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah Sky News were talking about this and asked a woman who was trying to get funds to help pay for the Basra wall at the National Arberitum (hope I spelt that correctly) cleaned and maintained and she was disgusted that the MoD would do something like this.

They never said what the book was about or why it was being pulped but it was on the MSM around lunchtime at least.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

A number of minor alterations will now be made and Dead Men Risen will be published on March 17th. Harnden was embedded with the Welsh Guards in Helmand in 2009.
During the tour, the Welsh Guards lost their commanding officer Lt Col Rupert Thorneloe, the first battalion commander to be killed in action since Lt Col H Jones VC during the Falklands war.
The book is understood to contain details of Lt Col Thorneloe’s complaints about lack of helicopters, inadequate attempts to deal with the threat of low metal content IEDs (improvised explosive devices), chronic undermanning and a flawed strategy of seizing territory without enough troops to hold it.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sounds like a lame attept at a coverup of the MODs failings to me...I say lame,as most folks are already aware of what is described in the above quote.
Maybe there was other secret stuff that the telegraph omitted from the article.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Seems foolish if you consider that the information is probably online, as well. You can't destroy knowledge.

top topics

join