It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: NASA Scientist Claims Evidence of Alien Life on Meteorite

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Dear Mr Zorgon - very seldom i'm impressed with people - but You are a excellent example
of logic thinking and intelligence. Thanks Mr Zorgan - I sort of like You.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
(afterall Martian rocks have landed on Earth).

Prove it
So far all I see is that they THINK they came from Mars

This whole NASA distancing themselves sounds a bit to much like "Thou doth protest too much". Like this information was not released on their schedule, so they have muddied the waters by slinging some mud.

I think NASA is out of control... they have been jumping the gun with wild announcements, telling us there will be a major discovery, hyping it up and then a few days after the release all of a sudden it wasn't so great. The arsenic life was a prime example... then it turns out their controls were faulty and fudged results.

Look at the Moon Bombing mission... we were told to expect a huge blast on the moon... all we got was a barely visible puff... For decades they told people they were crazy for seeing clouds and weird lights on the moon, yet they recorded such sightings dating back to 1554!!! Then now they tell us that Surveyor saw sunset/sunrise rays and the Astronauts drew sketches of them. So now they have "Moon Fountains" and the clouds of dust are now "Moon Storms" powerful enough to rip the skin off a Gorean Tarn. And wth stories like the Flyby shooting of Venus with Lasers... just what are they getting paid for anyway?

Seriously I couldn't make this stuff up

June 5, 2007: Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens.

Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

Venus Flyby

Its these kinds of events that really peak my curiosity, not so much the discovery itself (which is exciting) but its watching all the powers at play and what they say/don't say and in this case I smell something fishy.

Yup its all a game and they think we are the pawns. But they are no longer winning

edit on 8-3-2011 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by callacas
I sort of like You.

Sort of?
Thanks... I think

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by MrDetective
www.foxnews.com...

That's the stunning conclusion one NASA scientist has come to, releasing his groundbreaking revelations in a new study in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology.

Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist with NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, gave FoxNews.com early access to the out-of-this-world research, published late Friday evening in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology. In it, Hoover describes the latest findings in his study of an extremely rare class of meteorites, called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites -- only nine such meteorites are known to exist on Earth.

Great news if true. I want to expand my horizons i just need something REAL to grab onto.

But be skeptical. Levin still says his experiment on viking detected life with almost certainty. Yet did that get us anywhere? No. Everyone has to come onboard with this for it to mean something.
edit on 5-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I guess not surprisingly everyone will be waiting until everyone has come on board.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The journal updated on the 11th, quoting part of it :

The publication of Richard Hoover's paradigm shattering discovery of microfossils within carbonaceous meteorites, unleashed an ugly storm of violent, histrionic invective not seen since the Middle Ages when they burned scientists for making discoveries that threatened the established order. Charlatans and quacks quickly emerged, and the media unabashedly published their ravings, recklessly casting delusional filth upon the reputations of the Journal of Cosmology and its editorial board, and the hundreds of esteemed scientists whose peer reviewed work we have published; a roster which includes two Senior Scientists Science Directorates at NASA, over 30 top NASA scientists, and four astronauts.

How can science advance if the media and NASA administrators promote frothing-at the-mouth-attacks on legitimate scientists and scientific periodicals who dare to publish new discoveries or new ideas? Skepticism is natural. Doubt is healthy. But science cannot progress under a cloud of intimidation and fear.

Given the ugly climate which now prevails, the validity of the Hoover paper must be resolved as a cooperative effort, through an unprecedented collaborative peer review, monitored and mediated by the Journal of Cosmology and its critics and competitors (Science and Nature), thus guaranteeing a balanced approach and so all points of view are represented. Therefore, the Journal of Cosmology proposes that:

1) JOC, Nature, and Science each appoint an expert-judge who has a background in astrobiology.

2) These 3 expert-judges will appoint and unanimously agree on a panel of 12 esteemed experts who will be guaranteed anonymity if they desire.

3) This expert panel of 12 will have 30 days to review the Hoover paper, ask for supplementary material, and to question Richard Hoover and to call upon the expertise of additional experts, if they so choose. Each of these experts will issue their reports to the 3 expert-judges.

4) The 3 expert-judges will issue their own report(s) summarizing these findings, and issue a verdict on or their opinion of the validity of Hoover's paper as based on the reports issued by the 12 expert panel.

5) Science, Nature, and JOC, will publish the reports of the 12 member expert-jury, and the expert-judges.

6) If the weight of opinion is that Hoover's findings are not valid, the Journal of Cosmology will withdraw the paper.

7) If Hoover's findings are validated, we ask not for a apology, but congratulations.

We believe our proposal is scientifically sound and eminently reasonable. We are completely open to working out the fine details with the editorial boards of Science and Nature

journalofcosmology.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
NASA disgust me with this, big time.

I hope Hoover is proved right and puts them in their place.

Only one thing will redeem them for me now, and that's if we eventually find out they had to keep quiet as part of a gradual disclosure. I obviously don't know how likely that is though and they should've shown more respect.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

I feel Richard Hoover's article cannot be disproved. For example, the Journal of Cosmology published a Commentary No. 9 ( journalofcosmology.com... ) on Hoover's article. However, that commentry was debunked because the Oxford professor mistook blood vessel remnants for minerals and tried to imply that Hoover's alien microbes were nothing but minerals. That's how geologists look at cellular fossils. Details:
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
The skeptics are flailing around wildly trying to find a bucket of sand to stuff their heads into..

Clearly, this is a sign from God!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Dr. Chris McKay of NASA cleary supports Dr. Richard Hoover. I do, too. The main reason is :
1. not contaminated after falling to Earth: Cyanobacteria of Earth live only in liquid water penetrated by sunshine. The alien cyanobacteria were found within meteorites where there was no sunshine or liquid water.
2. Not minerals: Not one microbe but a colony of microbes was found. There is no chance that mineral grains/crystal growths could match the colony of microbes. Moreover, numerous alien animal fossils have been found and displayed at

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Correct me if i am wrong but under high pressure which exist on asteroid and under really cooool temperature with no air and other can there be bacteria on an asteroid?????

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sauryon

Those two meteorites (Ivuna and Orqueil?) originated from Mars, so the alien microbes came from Mars. The alien microbes did not live in the meteorites, but their dead bodies were trapped in the meteorites. Up to now only one scientist agreed with my above claim. His similar idea appears in his commentary on Hoover's article. His commentary is still visible in one of the 24 commentaries in the Journal of Cosmology.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sauryon
Correct me if i am wrong but under high pressure which exist on asteroid and under really cooool temperature with no air and other can there be bacteria on an asteroid?????

Fossils don't need air to breathe. Fossils only need to be embedded in the rock at point of origin. If a chuck of rock is blasted off Mars and happens to land in Antarctica via an extraordinary set of circumstances, those fossils would need to be deep in that rock to survive atmosphere burn off on Earth entry

FOSSILS not live or dead bacteria

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Interesting

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Meteorite Ivuna originated from Mars.

NASA scientist Dr. Richard Hoover recently shocked the world by discovering alien microbes in meteorite Ivuna. The meteorite actually originated from Mars because mammlain red blood cell remains have been found in the meteorite, as evidenced in the following two figures:

Figure 1: shows mammalian red blood cell remains in meteorite Ivuna,imaged by Dr. Allan Treiman
www.wretch.cc...
Source of above image: www.lpi.usra.edu...

Figure 2: shows Dr. Richard Hoover’s Fig. 1d containing mammalian red blood cell remains in meteorite Ivuna
www.wretch.cc...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Added on April 8, 2011:
Reasons that falsify the theory of panspermia

Meteorite Ivuna contains cell remains of mammals, which, unlike bacteria, could not possibly survive travels between planets, between solar systems, between galaxies. Over 100 meteorites have been confirmed by NASA as originating from Mars. In fact, most meteorites originated from Mars as explained at:

The theory of panspermia is further disproved in my following post on human origin: wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Some people say the original origins of meteorites include the Moon, Mars, the comets, asteroids, asteroid belt, Venus, Earth, interstellar dust, etc.

I said most meteorites contain fossils of mammals, so the only original origin of meteorites should have been Mars.

What say you?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Isn't it strange how this just went all quiet? This was huge news when it came out, then they got a load of stick and it just died down, can't believe it really. Have just gone back to it for a post in a recent thread, there's some more info here if you're interested : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by linliangtai
I feel Richard Hoover's article cannot be disproved.

Looks like that was the case.

edit on 13-4-2012 by robhines because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join