It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the ats stars and applause mean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
whats it mean
Applause
ATS Points
Flags
Stars

Do it mean I am better than others???

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't know what the W points thing is either. There should be an M one for some of the mentally unstable people posting on this site.

Post a reply if you find out dude.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

When another member likes your statement, they can click and give you a star. Likewise you can do the same,
by clicking on an empty star with your mouse. It will highlight blue.Applause is something that you will receive
from the moderators only (Ithink). You can flag a thread in the same manner as "starring" by clicking on the Flag
box at the top of a thread. You can only star/flag each thread once. The rating system builds up over time.
You will figure it out. In the meantime, do me a favor and don't kill anybody. No one likes a nutter here, or anywhere else for that matter. I have nothing more to say to you.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

better question woulda been, "whats this search button do?". Just saying... Perhaps flags are for what topics are liked.. And stars for what a member said being good.. And applause, well... Good luck.. Thats a wide range of things

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

lmfao

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think you get applause points if you get a certian number of stars on a single post...

just a guess...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Is there nowhere that explains this information?

Can a moderator please explain or something?

I found this thread by googling this problem since I can't find the information anywhere on this website. And still this thread has not definitively proven much of anything on the subject.

Maybe someone who has this knowledge could send out a PM to me? I sure get all kinds of spam for other threads in there, maybe somebody could shoot me a useful one for a change.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree there should be a place even one page that explains what the stars and flags mean. I couldnt understand what half the stuff was on my profile page and I must have read through no less then a dozen forums that covered all kinds of things but no straight forward explaination.

new topics

top topics

join