It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonstration March 6 Malieveld Den Haag and Amersfoort Square Lady

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Violence begets violence, right? Therefore, unless there is a drastically horrible situation, revolution is probably not a good idea people. Peaceful protest is fine to make a point. Writing in to your elected official to tell them how you want them to vote is probably worth while. Petitions are fine.

These are all good things we need to do all the time to help keep the wheels of "progress" moving in the right direction. Take your attention away for a moment and the lobbyists of the rich will get their way, because they never rest. Most people never bother to get involved; except to complain to each other. They deserve the government they get.

Having said this, I believe that there is one more powerful tool we have at our disposal. That is to choose a better way for ourselves, families and neighbours. Once I have decided that quiet time spent in my garden is more healthful and pleasurable than a trip to Starbucks or a movie, there is not a thing the PTB can do to further enslave me. Once I decide that a house "just big enough" to suit my needs is better than a huge one that drains all of my funds to keep running, then I am again free from the PTB.

These decisions are in our control; not theirs. We have the power to steer the evolution of society to a place that is better for everyone, so that a revolution is not necessary. We cannot be provoked to violence if we refuse to go along with the plan. We don't have to be slaves or indebted to anyone once we realize the choice is ours to participate or not.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join