It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel as if the colours are being drained away from this world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Its hard to explain, because it is something that is so fine, something that is so subtle, as well as something that is so intangible in terms of memory. Generally, we only remember pictures and sound, however, texture, emotional texture, the texture that our imaginations give to the world, the ability to perceive within our own minds, to have individual perceptions in terms of these finer perceptions, these things seem to be taken away from us. I remember, when I was younger, only about ten years ago, things felt more "at home" - the smell a room had, the subjective image of people that I once had, seem to be fading away. Even emotionally, I feel as if I have lost much of my inner texture. Its something so difficult to explain, because this change has been happening over a period of many years. I remember, that for a few moments, admittedly, after a mix of more than one illicit substance, I kind of "zoned back" into the eyes that I had when I was younger, it was amazing, the colours, the feelings, the perceptions, even my self, I felt more like my real self, comfortable in my own skin, grounded, connected. However, often now, I feel as if a machine trapped in a body. Although, I still have that spark within me, that keeps my imagination active, I feel that the average person is in even more of a dire situation than myself, because I have recognised the change, I have been resisting it, however, others around me simply can't "see", especially when talking to them, they just do not "connect" any more, they are spiteful on the inside, competitive, shallow, confused, conflicted, and in general, mentally sick.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What you describe seems to be some form of 'Detachment Syndrome' which is said to be associated with long term computer use... Give me a moment to go and find the link for this info - I thought I had it right here...

Beyond that?

I know the sky isn't as blue as it used to be - but - real as the point is I don't think that's the focus of your thread.

Peace
edit on 5-3-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
In terms of mere colour, I dunno about that... There have been a few times I've noticed the sheer brilliance of the world around me.

Sure, it's often when Im not that well (no not on something) and feeling out of it, but I do notice it.

I think old age can also dim our noticing these things. Someone who regains their sight would be inundated with colours and blurs that to us we may never even notice... the brain becomes hard wired to weed out the un-required information from that is needed to function.

Also we are living in an ever faster society... I feel less part of it by the sheer speed it is moving these days than I did say 20-30 years ago.

There is a lot more 'noise' to filter out in order to survive at a functional level.

I know I dream in very dim environments every single time, from overcast twillights to dimly lit sunrises smothered under cover of forrests...

gives them a subtle eeriness that at once entices me and leads me to panic - it's when the creatures come out...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Actually I've noticed this week, tons of colors. It's soon to be spring here and lots of trees, shrubs and spring bulb flowers are in bloom. I have daffodils and hyacinths in my flower beds and they look wonderful. Lots of pink, lavender and yellow, everywhere

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think people who enjoy life a lot take in more than those who don't. The latter is a process that can take years. Just imagine how you would be in a perfect world where everyone is always nice to eachother, none of the things you mention in your last post are present. If someone doesn't want to be here, or wants to be someplace else it's only logical the senses will be used less. Then the spirit receives less intense stimuli and isn't becoming any stronger while the environment demands more of that same spirit, that's why most people have repressed spirits, or their spirit disconnected, shut down. As if the programmed brain takes over, lights are on but nobody home.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Sounds to me what you're describing is Derealization/Depersonalization. It's common in people with Anxiety and Depression, And as someone who's dealt with anxiety and Derealization for about 4 years now, I can relate to what you're saying. However It is temporary and goes away with time.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

When we are young, especially babies, we are still in tune with god. As we get older more and more conditioning has been taken on, we do become more and more like machines. In fact most are automated, unconsciously 'living' a life, a human doing.
Be a human being again. Be human. A spiritual being having a human experience.
What you were when you were a child has not gone anywhere, check and see. It has just been veiled by systematic conditioning.
Be conscious that you are conscious and the colors will shine again.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To be able do experience the true nature of things one has to be present, in the present. The systematic conditioning is the mind. The mind is totally incapable of knowing the present moment, it is unknowable.
When the mind is accepted as the authority, the world and it's beauty will not been seen. A pieced together description, assumptions and conclusions is what is seen if the mind is in charge.
The colors, sounds, all sensations are only experienced now. That is true life.
Mind is fantasy, illusion, tricks to steal you away from the beauty of life.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
When we are young, especially babies, we are still in tune with god.

I think that when we are young we are oblivious to any kind of human influence like that so I would have to disagree.

God has nothing to do with this imo, but it's more a case of taking the time to just see and watch without the billions of distractions that come to us through artificial reality. TV, computers, even books cannot show the true splendour of reality.

I know it's synthetic but here's some colour for ya...

The Amazing World Of Flame Fractals.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I agree with silo13 - you are describing a "detachment syndrome," more internal-subjective than external-objective. Off the top, imho, you're experiencing and describing a personal psychological response - not that it's not legitimate, but it's more about you and your response to the world than it is about the world itself.

...We all go through this kind of thing when we are 'changing' - when we're rethinking and 'reconstructing' our worldview, foundations and values. If that's what's going on with you, then the feeling will pass when you finish this current 'stage' of your process and things fall more into line for you.

Also, many people in much of the world seem to be going through the same process - so you're not alone.

(other people) just do not "connect" any more, they are spiteful on the inside, competitive, shallow, confused, conflicted, and in general, mentally sick.

True, seems to be a lot of that going around - might be denial and resistance, might mean you are ready to move on, find a new group of friends more in line with your new ways of thinking and seeing the world.

...What you're describing are perfectly normal "symptoms" of a "criticality point" or "surge" in personal development, evolution and growth - but - if you have more issues than those you've talked about here, and especially if you feel you're having trouble handling them, you might benefit from getting a bit of help. Please, do find someone sympathetic to talk with about your journey. ...We are NOT meant to go through this stuff alone - such growth should be shared, guided and then, celebrated.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I am starting to see this problem too. I think that it is because of all the pessimistic thoughts and arguments in my head personally.

Odd enough, the plants seem more colourful than everything else. Any reason why you think this is?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Things that are alive are perceived through the imagination, it is that world, where the imagination and the physical world combine into a more dream-like reality. Currenly, I feel more like a machine, having lost touch, however, on the other hand, it could be that the life-essence is being drained away from Earth. Its hard to explain, if you have ever experienced mildly illusory states, then you would know that, even the most simple object can be brought to life, can be seen in a variety of perspectives, and the colours change, the aspects change, etc etc. Its as if we are living in a computer world, where everything is perceived purley physical, I remember as a child, even the most simple objects had a depth to them, a texture, peoples faces seemed more animated, it was basically a much richer world than the world of today.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

What a brilliant post.
Great advice.

I feel the same as you O.P.
I have for some time now.
Maybe worse on some levels.
ATS can be very theraputic too if you use it correctly.
It's nice to be able to bounce ideas off of people who, whether they agree with us or not.....
AT LEAST THEY'RE AWAKE!!!!
I feel as though I am walking amoungst a world of Zombies sometimes.
I feel isolated and alone most of the time with no one I personally know and love to discuss what is on my mind.
Not to sound arrogant but,
The things that are on my mind wouldn't fit into MOST peoples heads.
So, I labor on, unsure as to why I can't return to the way I used to be.
I just want to go back most of the time. I beg and pray sometimes to go back to the way I was.
But, I can't and neither can you. We are here together and are going to have to do our part in getting everyone else here to.

The color is like a camera with a blue filter on it.
The intensity and vibrancy is dead or dying.

Some people here on ATS can be very genuine caring souls from what I have noticed.
Keep in contact with them.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I also relate to the way you are perceiving the world around you. It has been this way for me for quite some time now, with the view through my "window" becoming progressively lacklustre and two dimensional.

In stark contrast, my nightly dreams are becomng more and more vibrant in colour and clarity, with detail and texture that is more intense than anything I experienced as a child.

On a basic level, I think I am falling out of love with this world, it is losing its allure, while the inner world holds much more promise. The spell of this illusory physical realm is slowly lifting, I think. The only time I have noticed a resurgence of vibrancy is when I have been swept up in the emotions of love.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I don't believe it has got anything to do with God but with the hereafter; children have no concept of that, then they learn about it and have to make a choice wether or not to learn about it. Most people shut off completely to the notion of Spirit and focus completely on the physical, since that appears to count in this life. Also the prospect of having to learn about 2 worlds where the information on the spirit world is considered occult ("forbidden" even), obscured and confusing and that not many seem to be 'into' the subject (in fact the opposite is true) makes many choose to ignore it, but then they ignore their spirit that resides there also.
edit on 6/3/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Its hard to explain, because it is something that is so fine, something that is so subtle, as well as something that is so intangible in terms of memory. Generally, we only remember pictures and sound, however, texture, emotional texture, the texture that our imaginations give to the world, the ability to perceive within our own minds, to have individual perceptions in terms of these finer perceptions, these things seem to be taken away from us. I remember, when I was younger, only about ten years ago, things felt more "at home" - the smell a room had, the subjective image of people that I once had, seem to be fading away. Even emotionally, I feel as if I have lost much of my inner texture. Its something so difficult to explain, because this change has been happening over a period of many years. I remember, that for a few moments, admittedly, after a mix of more than one illicit substance, I kind of "zoned back" into the eyes that I had when I was younger, it was amazing, the colours, the feelings, the perceptions, even my self, I felt more like my real self, comfortable in my own skin, grounded, connected. However, often now, I feel as if a machine trapped in a body. Although, I still have that spark within me, that keeps my imagination active, I feel that the average person is in even more of a dire situation than myself, because I have recognised the change, I have been resisting it, however, others around me simply can't "see", especially when talking to them, they just do not "connect" any more, they are spiteful on the inside, competitive, shallow, confused, conflicted, and in general, mentally sick.
Some would say you have woken up from your dream. Some would say you need to wake up. Some would say that none of this matters anyway because it's all a dream.

Maybe you're noticing yourself getting older? I know that as I've grown older I see less spark in me and in my family members. We've experienced some deaths over the years and we don't have the same bounce in our step. That's an understatement, but we have probably been blessed versus what some others have been through. We still laugh and smile and live, but it's not the same because we know that this light will fade and fade until we ourselves are buried just like our grandparents were.

I don't want to say too much because it's said that when we talk too much the topic soon turns to us. And I don't want the topic to be about me or what I think. I just want to contribute.
edit on 6-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
What you describe seems to be some form of 'Detachment Syndrome' which is said to be associated with long term computer use...

You make me want to stay away from my computer for like 2 weeks, I'll do it one day lol.

OP I can kind of relate to you. I too have had stranger days over the past couple years.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've always felt that cars have gone from a plethora of colors to a selection of different chrome shades. It's quite sad. I love when summer comes, I'm always outside. I can't get enough of the green colors
Even bees (my nemeses) are pretty to gaze upon.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I recognize exactly what you´re talking about... (At least I think I do)
And yeah it´s so fine and intangible not really possible to describe by words, even though words is all we have on these screens we use to communicate with.

(Actually that´s is not correct, I am of the opinion that it is possible beyond doubt to transmit and recieve what you could call the energy-signature or vibration from the one writing the posts - have you ever noticed that two people writing almost the exact same thing, often seem to have very different impact on you when reading???)

It is almost like the texture of things are leaving, the marrow of being-ness are sucked out...
The trees, people, music - anything... Like things that used to have a profound impact now just seem like passing shadows...
Also like it gets harder and harder to connect, some people seemed to have gone into some kind of wakened sleep... My words can´t really explain it here...

On the other hand, there seem to be a lot of stuff going on on another level, e.g. I had the experience that if I really really consciously connect with nature, tune all of my awareness into being there - there is so much love and so high vibrations, like never before... But it seem to me to be in a way, that leaves the normality of nature being more and more hollow... Like the essence has left and gone to a place still to be grasped but only on a other level...
I had this thought that it might be connected with all the death of animals... Could they be dying away from this reality to be born into another (here I think of animals like a group soul, incarnating into this 3rd dimensional reality)
I don´t know, I just don´t know... In a way it all seem so filled with silence, a deep waiting silence - even all the things happening these days, the silence just seem to be growing for every moment passing...
A silence to dwell in?
It is like even here on ATS, the words just turns into silent echoes of what once were...
Do we even reach each others??? Hoping we do!!!
Just my thoughts on this, thankyou for the OP...

Best wishes to you all

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

I am convinced that it is due to chemical additives, and most importantly, some kind of electronic system. I feel that I just need to break my brain, to open some kind of gateway, and the world that I once loved will return to my eyes. See, sometimes after enough time on my own, I find myself in that place, I feel connected to my self, my feelings are not so chaotic, however, as soon as I talk to someone that is in the system, their words are like needles, they have lost something so key to themselves. I believe, that there is a group soul, that it is connected to various species, to the sun, to the Earth itself. And I fear, that natures matrix, natures "energy system" is on one hand being isolated from the humans, and thus, humans loose thier connection to the natural energy/vibrational/conscious/dimensional matrix, and on the other hand, nature gets to exist without being hindered by as many negative/aggressive/selfish human emotions. Time and time again, when I am in a good place, I feel that I have to prove myself to the planet, consciously, and resist the signals of the computer system. I feel also, that somehow, the computer system is trying to siphon energy from the Earths natural matrix, and is causing problems for many of the creatures. I mean, what we see as animals could simply be representations, thier brains are so small, perhaps their consciousness exists in another realm, and what we see as their forms are more like expressions of their beings.
edit on 7-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

Perhaps, when an animal evolves to a certain level, it gets to separate from the group soul, when its brain/mind become more powerful, it gains the ability to generate consciousness within itself, and although it has a tie to the group consciousness, it develops the ability to imagine, to create from its own will. Perhaps that is the crossing point, perhaps, after we develop our own consciousness, we can exist within ourselves, as immortals, as our own universes.
edit on 7-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join