It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slacker (1991) Movie. NWO hints...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hey. I'm going to try and make this a topic specifically for the movie Slacker (1991).

If you haven't watched the movie yet, it's really about nothing almost. It follows different people doing different things in a typical day in some Texas city. Looks independent, and done on a low budget. Kevin Smith said after watching this movie he was inspired to make Clerks, etc.

Now, the first time I stumbled upon this movie was about 2 years ago. I watched it and I thought it was alright.

Ok so let's talk about the obvious in the movie. Within 13:43 "the conspiracy guy" starts talking about a missing friend because he overheard a conversation going on in the cafe. He covers several Conspiracy, New World Order Topics. He even calls it the secret group that controls the government....

some things he talks about: -Massive amounts of missing children in the 90's that just have gone missing without there being many perverts around....

-NASA being on the moon since the 50's thanks to German Technology.
-Colonization of the Moon and Mars by using drones.
-May 22nd?
- In 10-20 years Earth gone due to "global warming" green house effect.
-Soviet Union/USA co-op for space exploration
-Secret group getting boosted off of this planet before it fries...
-And sounds like he's talking about MKultra and mind control...
-Something about things speeding up in the end (definitely a 2012 nod)

Kind of interesting how the writer for this movie came up with these kinds of things when in 1991 there wasn't much of a source to get this information. How would a conspiracy theorist get his information ...which is similar to what's going on right now 20 years ago?

www.fancast.com...

may have to register...takes no confirm email

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Very interesting, I signed up and watched the whole thing. Might have to give it a couple more views, they talk about many things, some topics are kinda what goes on here on ATS hehe.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
Kind of interesting how the writer for this movie came up with these kinds of things when in 1991 there wasn't much of a source to get this information. How would a conspiracy theorist get his information ...which is similar to what's going on right now 20 years ago?
Well, the web was pretty young 20 years ago, but the internet was going strong. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Linklater spent time on USENET and IRC channels while he was writing the screenplay.

There were also print newsletters, zines, etc full of fringe beliefs. College town copy shops would have been producing these things by the hundred...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This has been discussed on ATS. Oddly I can't find it when I search though.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
well what a coincidence.

Giant Underground chamber found on Moon by India.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join