It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science.com: China's 2 sun effect not fully explained by science

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

While it's stated that WISE would be able to find such an object, it was not one of its primary goals. Like I said, the primary goal was to scan the sky in infrared. We could argue about the wording and the meaning behind it in articles like this, but what I'm saying here is that just because Nemesis or Tyche are mentioned in these articles, does not make them the official goal of research at NASA.

Some people go "oh, look NASA mentioned the word Nemesis on one of their websites, this means NASA are admitting its existence and are hiding it from the public, zomg conspiracy!"

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Like I said, the primary goal was to scan the sky in infrared.

Yes, and which massive "dark star" object the size of Jupiter could only be seen in infrared?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c0e118cab5b.jpg[/atsimg]
Or should I say, could formerly only be seen in infrared?

edit on 3/5/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes, because we all know that Phage's opinion is the only one that matters, and his word is absolute and cannot be disputed.

You know how semi-attractive women will go to parties with ugly women to make themselves appear more desirable? In this case, the people screaming that this is Nibiru are the ugly women. When you've got countless new users screaming Nibiru and a popular user known by all offering a scientific explanation, it's no wonder.

This is yet another anomaly that is being observed by scientists ontop of the rest,infact a brown dwarf is being eagerly investigated as it can be physically found as observable ,opposed to a inter-dimensional transference of energy because of accelerating spacetime(galaxies moving faster away from each other).It is obviously perturbelences of light,now considering the only thing that can warp light is a black hole and there are non observable close to earth,one must ask is the earth becoming a BLACK HOLE !or has the earth absorbed a piece of a neutron star changing its internal dynamics(highly hypothetical as there would be more destruction).Or has something triggered a black hole synthesis or is there a unforseen black hole starting to emerge close to our galaxy.Really only strong black hole type gravitational lensing can cause such a affect,other than that ,its a optical illusion by the camera.Information on the start of these anomalies are in my linkswww.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Time to obsevant people.
GOLDENFLEECE
Yes this alltogether true but if the light(Photons) from the sun becomes displaced it will attract and reflect from the dark star,I am not claiming a dark star is the cause,because would be dead pretty quickly,but something is perturbing the speed of light,unless its a optical illusion.and strange things are going on on fragile earth..
Question are there physical witnesses?
Ever heard of a webot,computer programmers use them alll the time .en.wikipedia.org...
How would you know,your at a keyboard the same as me !
Follow my trail like a comet and you to will find the webot.Purple links below.Infact

and webotted to the philospers corner where
www.abovetopsecret.com... and
Webots on any subject to do with elenine or niburu,or other.Welcome to the information highway.
DENY IGNORANCE DENY DISINFO
edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

DITO, agree wholeheartedly....

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm in the Pacific Northwest and we have clear skies today I was out with my video camera around 8 am today. When I turn my camera towards the sun I do see an image smaller than the sun but I can move that image in any direction I want. While I have an open mind I can't put any stock in all this extra sun stuff, mostly because I should have been able to see the same thing. I'll be looking all day today but this definitely feels like BS to me.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Silverado292 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Hope so,optical illusion would be better because if its not ,duck and dive.There are loads of anomalies going on though and this may,repeat may be BS.I am still awaiting to know if there are any physical witnesses and other optical observation recorded at the same places at the same times..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

True there is A LOT of crazy stuff going on right now, I feel it's an illusion or what not because if it's a large planetary body that's close to the sun then you should be able to see it anyplace on earth the sun is shining. Either way I'm sure we'll find out soon enough

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Yeah am on the fence on this one,however if science were to explain it as real, we would all be taking a free ride to the spirit in the sky.

Here is a explanation thoughwenewsit.com...
Note that it states that the author has never seen one in real life though,makes you wonder is the sun becoming more luminious and is the earth having more upper ice particles forming or and both effects .Questions,questions and more questions ?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe I mean we're all going to die eventually but I'm not ready to write us all off yet. I know in my area the ice crystals were making the nighs much brighter the coldest it got here in the daytime was 18 Deg and I never saw "two suns". You are right on questions leading to more questions, this is the best picture I could find of a sun dog thats close to the "second sun" thats being seen.

At this point I'm just not going to be surprised by anything anymore if we die we die, if we don't we don't.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This isn't the first time strange atmospheric effects are seen in China. Consider the industrialization going on there with fossil fuels, the pollutants there are very concentrated. Plus the fact that China is slightly smaller than the U.S., has less than 15% arable land, and 4 times as many people than the U.S., in fact over a billion more population. www.cia.gov...

Well I think a stranger mirage is this city off the China coast, looks pretty convincing but it's not there. I believe the air pollution there has a bit of a hand in these kinds of refracted/reflected light illusions.

Here's the link with more pictures and an explanation.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Holy C...p if those images are real then we may be ,repeat maybe seeing the effects of another dimension seeping into ours from the multiverse,man thats got to be of scientific interest and reminds of the old tails of visions, budhist mythology and stuff.Thats crazy,add to that and scientists finding antimatter in thunderstorms and ,somethings going on.
www.nasa.gov...
www.dailygalaxy.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I once had this thought that there was a 2nd Earth at the complete opposite side of the sun from us, and so we never see it... so perhaps we have two suns, and we just don't see it based on its rotation, or dance with the one we see... but that is far fetched..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
How on earth do we explain this one. www.youtube.com...

That video reminds me of a picture I took sometime in May last year.

I love this photo as it looks like a heart

Edit: I personally have not seen a second Sun. We had clear skies here yesterday and the Sun was very bright, but it normally is this time of year.

edit on 5/3/11 by boo1981 because: Add my thoughts on the topic.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
@Seekeye2 en.wikipedia.org...

I love atmospheric phenomena, especially the ice halos. Seen quite a few of them too, I think people need to look up more often.
en.wikipedia.org...

Mirages at sea aren't that rare. Whenever there's a layer of warmer air just above water, it will deflect the rays of light upwards, creating a reflection just like you see over deserts and highways. Bring your binoculars next time you're at seaside and you might spot it.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Heres more that are astonishingwww.spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Wow! I think it's the extremely cold temperatures in those areas that help. Lots of ice crystals in the air.
Here's a great video from Swiss Alps. www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

You know a started a thread on it months ago and linked it to the egyptian eye of horus with nut traversing the sky .
Pretty cool,vid !

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Its not a reflection off a window:

"I'm asking myself if this is an artifact of the lens, but if that were the case – if it's reflections of the lens elements – then the images would move in relation to each other as the camera moves," Perry said. "But that doesn't happen."

Their best guess is an atmospheric phenomena, aka what they are seeing is indeed there. Its just an "atmopsheric" optical illusion, of course.
edit on 5-3-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

This is a theory I fully support having witnessed this female behavior all my life.But it works both ways...the guys are usually so eager and hyped up for the more attractive one who only chooses one of them,that there is at least one left who is only to happy to take the ugly one instead!
To change the subject...do you think Phage is semi-attractive?He certainly does know a lot compared to the ugly ones!Or is it all make up?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

You can decide for yourself by the references he posts to support the pithy aspects of a conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join