It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS The Worlds Greatest Openminded Think Tank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Due to the latest Negative Publicity and Social Stigma with the term "Conspiracy", I thought it pertinent to
present a new idea that the owners and members might like to consider. This would be the words "Open Minded"
or "Open Sourced" Think Tank associated with the ATS Motto. Currently when you highlight ATS as an address
link, the word "Conspiracy" automatically appears first in the info line. Granted the creators of this site focused on that from the beginning. As a reader for some years, and most recently a member in the last year, I truly believe
that ATS has moved beyond the boundaries of that term. Culturally "Conspiracy" has become mainstream in its
own right. Yet there are negative connotations associated with the term whether we like it or not. I do not wish to
even mention or give credit to a "Fly By Night" member who was central to the unspeakable tragedies that occurred
in Arizona, U.S.A. recently. Truly, any decent and intelligent member here was not only shocked, but also concerned about
the possible "Guilty By Association" concept. It is something to have to consider, on a daily basis, that our
comments, posts,replies, etc. may be taken out of context and slid further under the microscope of scrutiny.
Many members here, including myself, like to add a grain of sugar or a grain of salt to our comments for the
joy of humor or cynicism. But in this day and age, it appears that the margin for error grows more narrow with each and every reply,sound byte,and video link we provide. So I offer to you, especially the new and younger
members: Think carefully before you hit :ENTER: We all occasionally make mistakes, after all, we are only Human. But try to make it count. Lastly, I submit to the owners of what I believe is one of the greatest websites
on the internet today. Consider redefining your definition/mission statement. For what you have here is no longer just a conspiracy site. After all, in many instances, "The Headlines Are Here First" As well as top notch commentary to boot. Cheers to ATS and thinking outside of the box.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How about ?:
OPEN MINDS - OPEN FORUMS - OPEN 24 HOURS

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That was rather broad brush, but it might be time for a sister site in that category. What is up with all the Caps in
your reply?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

322 is open 24/7/365 my friend. Don't ever forget it.
But thanks for at least your original reply.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

That was rather broad brush, but it might be time for a sister site in that category. What is up with all the Caps in
your reply?

Sorry, that was my version of a neon sign.
Also, my first all caps response. Not to be repeated!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No Worrys,,,All the best to you .
Thanks for the reply.

new topics

top topics

join