It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to make an urban Ghillie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Grey black and white paint! Out of all the colors, these are probably the least scanned for.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The object of the Ghillie is to break up your profile and provide more 3D effect so the eye will not recognize your shape and slide right over you.

Dark gray BDU's to start with, and burlap in blacks and dark grays.

The burlap is cut into strips a couple inches wide, and in lengths that vary from 2-3 feet long. For the 3D effect, hang the garments upside down, and sew the strips onto the garments. This way, when you turn them right side up, they "pooch" out and provide depth.

Take a wire brush and "fuzz" the burlap to the extreme, shredding and separating many of the fibers therein. This will provide more indistinguishable 3D shape. And don't forget the boonie hat treatment, but drape the strips over both sides of the hat, long enough to go past the shoulders.

This dark gray/black combination work best in an urban environment, as well as in woodlands, where the colors of black/dark gray more closely resemble bark - something extremely common in woodlands and forests.

Even shrubbery has lots of gray in the limbs, and you can snug up against or underneath shrubbery and never be found visually.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
:d

uh:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Wrap some chain link fence around you. Then have urban children doing pull ups off your arms. Don't forget a pitbull attached to your leg!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

nice that sounds like the best way yet! i noticed that type of ghillie is not for sale really. i like that i think makeing it is the best part. thank you for the replie-jplaysguitar

top topics

<< 1   >>

join