It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO story from Afghan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Simple, short and sweet story here. Was deployed to Afghan and got the luck of being guard. Luck used LIGHTLY. I remember talk from a couple of guys that sometimes they would see a formation of lights in their NVGs. I thought it was all poppycock until I actually witnessed it. Didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the formation as I had to be vigilant, but I did keep going back to it. Every once in a while a light would break off from the formation and fly off out of sight to return a little while later. Was weird. I even saw the formation split and disappear. Not the first time I've seen what could be a UFO, but this was one of the more weird instances. Could be something high speed I don't know about, but I thought was a neat story to share. Have fun in speculation, I guess.

NOTE: Video on YouTube is from Iraq.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

What u-tub vid from Iraq????
I would like to see

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Simple, short and sweet story here. Was deployed to Afghan and got the luck of being guard. Luck used LIGHTLY. I remember talk from a couple of guys that sometimes they would see a formation of lights in their NVGs. I thought it was all poppycock until I actually witnessed it. Didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the formation as I had to be vigilant, but I did keep going back to it. Every once in a while a light would break off from the formation and fly off out of sight to return a little while later. Was weird. I even saw the formation split and disappear. Not the first time I've seen what could be a UFO, but this was one of the more weird instances. Could be something high speed I don't know about, but I thought was a neat story to share. Have fun in speculation, I guess.

NOTE: Video on YouTube is from Iraq.

If you have a YouTube video of a high speed UFO, we would like to see!!

Please share more information!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It appears the UFO's have erased his memory of posting this thread, over an hour and no return to see any activity...

Or post an actual video...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Heh, sorry. Got distracted by something in the chat room.

I thought the video that some Marine caught in Iraq was common knowledge. Let me see if I can find the link. Unfortunately, I was not able to catch any video of what I saw. Was the last thing on my mind at the time...

UFOs over Iraq
Link to the video of what they caught.

Probably should have specified that this video isn't mine.
edit on 1134 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Do you think there is an Alien presence in the Middle East? Are there Top Secret missions that you don't know anything about, but you know they exist? Are you aware of any cover up? What do you think they are doing?

If you don't think it's ET, and the UFO is man made, why would we need craft of such advanced capabilities? Are we preparing for a war with Flying Saucers? What is their purpose?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Do you think there is an Alien presence in the Middle East? Are there Top Secret missions that you don't know anything about, but you know they exist? Are you aware of any cover up? What do you think they are doing?

If you don't think it's ET, and the UFO is man made, why would we need craft of such advanced capabilities? Are we preparing for a war with Flying Saucers? What is their purpose?

Well, first of all if I knew anything, I sure as hell wouldn't be giving that information out. Even if it were speculation. Not that I'm all gung ho for what my government does behind closed doors, but I took an oath. Ya dig?

Other than that, it could be some weird high tech aircrafts we or some other country is using. Or the aliums are just sitting there watching us and laughing their little green tails off.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Well, first of all if I knew anything, I sure as hell wouldn't be giving that information out. Even if it were speculation. Not that I'm all gung ho for what my government does behind closed doors, but I took an oath. Ya dig?

Other than that, it could be some weird high tech aircrafts we or some other country is using. Or the aliums are just sitting there watching us and laughing their little green tails off.

It sounds like you know something. That video you posted has over 2 million views. I don't see the problem of sharing more information, since you were there. Were you briefed at all that you would see UFO's? What did they tell you?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Not a thing was said to us.

And clarification for you: the video is not mine, I was not there for this one. The story I told happened to me in Afghanistan. And if I knew something, I wouldn't tell. At least not right now.

When I got there I heard rumor of the lights from passing conversations, but didn't think anything of the stories. I mean, I'm thinking now that it's happened in both Iraq and Afghanistan...something isn't right.

Now the video I provided, again not mine nor was I there, is different from what I saw.
edit on 1134 by Echo3Foxtrot because: To add some more

Wife is wanting me so I wont be postin' again til tomorrow I don't think.
edit on 1134 by Echo3Foxtrot because: wife aggro

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So the "lights" are totally unknown, because you could be a little more certain if the military was testing something out, since you were on base? Do you know where the UFO's launch from, or do they just appear? What did people say about the "lights" in passing conversation? Anything about launching into space?

Since there is a YouTube video, not yours, but do you think there might be radar information, or other pieces of evidence, besides video footage? Available on the web? Could you see the "lights" with the naked eye? How often would they appear? Daily? Weekly? Do they only appear at night?
edit on 4-3-2011 by game over man because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the formation as I had to be vigilant, but I did keep going back to it. Every once in a while a light would break off from the formation and fly off out of sight to return a little while later.

okay... so your on guard duty... with NVG's... and you see strange lights flying around but stop looking at them to be vigilant? Sorry couldn't resist

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well with something like that you would assume that those lights are of military origin, being in a war-zone and all. However the fact that you were/are a soldier on the ground leads me to believe that those lights were of an unexplained origin, not necessarily Aliens, But something "Not on the books". As I assume that men on the ground would know of any overhead activities in their area during operations, Granted that they are not black op or secret. And I also assume that you as a Military man could identify planes/choppers and not get confused over what an overhead object is.

As someone who does believe in UFO's, I wouldn't be surprised if they were active in that area of the world, 'keeping an eye on things' so to speak. I guess we'll never know what you saw, But it must of been a great sight too see.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

The Iraq video is from 2008. The person who filmed it in Iraq posted back in 2008. I'm sure that it has been debunked on ATS? Light Pillars, I believe, was the common consensus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

TJ

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Haha, you got me there. They weren't moving and didn't pose a threat, so it sounded good to me at the time. lol

As to answer other questions, I'll do what I can.

@game over man

Yes, the lights are unknown, but I don't know a thing about what they are or their origins. Basically, you just tend to notice them after a sweep with your NVGs. People would just ask if someone saw the lights in the sky. Nothing in-depth about it all. And no, you couldn't see the lights without the NVGs. At least I couldn't. As far as frequency of appearance, I wish I could help you. But in all honesty, after it being nothing more than "weird lights in the sky" I lost interest and paid more attention to other things.

@Marto

Yeah, not something I've seen before. Definitely something of an unexplained origin, at least for me. Hey, for all I know it could be some crazy NATO spy planes or like some kind of spy system with IR lights for easier tracking. Was just an interesting sighting I saw and thought I would share with you guys here at ATS to kind of speculate I guess. I'm still not quite sure 100% on where I stand with what they could/could have been. I say could have cause I don't know if they show up anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

UFOs over Iraq
Link to the video of what they caught.

Probably should have specified that this video isn't mine.
edit on 1134 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

Those lights could well be natural phenomena like Ice crystal columns or sprites or Blue Jets (Google them to find out more)

Or they could just be of man made origin.

Either way, the Marine video from Iraq isn't particularly strong evidence of ET UFOs

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Yeah, I don't even know why I included the video. I think it was so people wouldn't bring it up. That video is completely different from what I saw.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't even know why I included the video. I think it was so people wouldn't bring it up. That video is completely different from what I saw.

Can I ask, If there were any mountains in the vicinity of were you were stationed?

I ask this because moving lights known as "Earthquake" lights have been observed near mountainous or volcanic areas of the earth, and not always before Earthquakes.
The thinking is that earthquake lights might be a a result of some interaction between the atmosphere and the electric charge that is created in rocks due to the pressure created at fault lines such as mountain ranges.

In a military combat zone I would assume there would also be a number of military probes and aircraft up in the sky that the footsoldier on the ground would not necessarily be briefed on, and what better place for the US military to test out some of their latest kit, than in Afghanistan?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Nah, out near Dwyer was pretty flat. I'm pretty sure it was nothing...alien. I mean, it would make more sense that it's man made unidentified flying objects, right?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well Iraq and Afghanistan is where we are testing all our cool new 'toys'... so there are all kinds of things we have flying around. Some of those stealth UAV's are practically invisible except for their heat signature, something that is hard to hide. With the plasma fields on their skin, they sure would light up in NVG's

A simple explanation of how it works from JLN Labs
jnaudin.free.fr...

Revolutionary Hypersonic Aerospace Vehicles
With Plasma Actuators That Require No Moving Parts
Air Force Research Laboratory
www.thelivingmoon.com...

I expect that these 'fuzzy, glowing' skins may cause more than a few UFO reports
edit on 5-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24ccd438d90e.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, so, that's kinda what I saw. Sometimes one light would split off and disappear and reappear later. Or it would split in to two different triangles. Was kinda weird.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join