It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation spiking at the same time nightly (weeknights only)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Mmm, I am near Avalon airport atm, not close enough for electrical interference. I have a terra-p geiger counter which runs at all times...

The problem is, every weeknight at 1-2am, or if not at 4am, the alarm goes off. It is set at .030 microsieverts which is the maximum you should endure for a 24 hour period, the exposure is peaking out at somewhere around 0.60. This is happening on weekdays and not weekends, which leads me to believe there is illegal dumping going on around here, or perhaps something entering/exiting the airport.

Given scientists are now learning that any exposure to ionising radiation is bad, this could be contributing to a long term problem for this area.

Has anyone else got a terra-p or other geiger counter running constantly and has noticed anything similar?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Same thing here weeknights at 7 or 8 p.m. consistently. Never thought about it much though.
I figured it was a switchover on the grid or local cell tower.

I'd rather not think about it too much,,, I gotta go flip my Mad Cow burgers and get some melted cheese
on top while the gettins' good.

Pass me the freedom fries will ya?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

*grins* and Ill have some of that green source, oh, sauce, while we are at it.

This is a gamma radiation I am detecting (the alpha shield is on) and it usually fades within 30 seconds, depending on the peak. The unit is not FCC tested, yet myself and some others have conducted some interference tests and they don't seem to respond, nor seem to be susceptible to radiation/interference at such a high frequency.

Right now, 0.14, ok if you live in Russia, not Australia.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wow....has it done this ever sence you owned the equipment or was there a recorded start date when it became a noticeable pattern? Ever scout the "hood" with night vision, maybe triangulate source direction during peak hours?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I have only been in this area for 2 weeks, began the day I got here, doesn't happen when I am away... like clockwork.

I am leaving this area in hours, there are a LOT of factories around here, it could be virtually anywhere.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

GAMMA RADIATION!!!! That is worrisome. Have you discussed this with your local University/Science Dept.?
Seriously.I would have your data /readings confirmed by multiple witnesses with valid credentials. Compare your findings,and if accurate, report this to the F.B.I. If it is an issue, they will take it from there. Always share your data broad spectrum. If the Roentgens are spiking something is wrong.
Before you get all haywire, I would confirm your data from multiple instruments, locations, and witnesses before
making a report. Hey you never know,,,you might be a National Hero in the making.
In fact, I am sure that there are monitors of this nature already in place, but we do live in an imperfect world.
Too err is human etc. etc. and the like. Concerned Citizens are a countries best defense to enemies foreign and
domestic.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I also have a small pen dosimeter, which has shot from 20 to 40 R in recent weeks...

This is not good, I have taken 0.201 msv since being here, average yearly dose absorbed is 2.4 msv, I have been here for 2 weeks.
edit on 4/3/2011 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Yes pen dosimeters. I had two of those that came with a hand held geiger. I donated them all to a local High school
physics dept.One of the pen dosimeters wasn't accurate. I had trouble calibrating it. Seems to have been common
with those. There was a unit that you pressed them into and peered through to calibrate. The older models failed
often. verify. Good post, and good thoughts to you.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Thank you, and thank you for contributing.

The best test I could do myself for the dosimeters was to expose it to a known amount of thorium (thoriated welding rods) for a defined amount of time. (nice and legal too..)

The dosimeter was fairly accurate, I keep it as a backup, just in case. The terra-p I have is brand new with good batteries too. (Calibrated)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Oh Avalon Vic..??
Damn.I have family in Little River..
Maybe Linfox has a reactor at the airfield..
He's a sneaky bugger...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Yes , The good old Coleman lantern stove mantles worked well for us as a constant.
I didn't realize you were not in the U.S. Do you live near a mining facility. Because it would not be uncommon
to be picking up readings from ore.Alpha,Beta,etc. But Gamma is troublesome and a red flag.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I'd definitely alert the local authorities, and contact any local university science department. What you are observing might be just the tip of a very big iceberg.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Some possible sources: Uses

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox

*grins* and Ill have some of that green source, oh, sauce, while we are at it.

This is a gamma radiation I am detecting (the alpha shield is on) and it usually fades within 30 seconds, depending on the peak. The unit is not FCC tested, yet myself and some others have conducted some interference tests and they don't seem to respond, nor seem to be susceptible to radiation/interference at such a high frequency.

Right now, 0.14, ok if you live in Russia, not Australia.

gamma radiation?,thats a very serious problem.theres not many natural srouces oif gamma freq em,its def manmade and gamma rad should not be being emitted in the environment.

you should take your equipment to several locations and try to triangulate the ssource of the radiation.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The last 2 nights, not a peep out of the geiger counter, as predicted (weekend)

I actually take off from this location today, my departure was delayed.

ARPANSA, The Australian radiation protection and nuclear safety agency, has been notified. I expect my geiger counter to be requested for testing >.< shortly.

Everything else is as normal, the day-night difference, the lot, with particular peaks. Not natural. (Not radon either)

I will post the results of the proceedings with ARPANSA

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Wednesday, no reply from ARPANSA. I will call them tomorrow... coverup perhaps?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. Hope you get a response soon! S&F

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Well, good for you, at least you did the footwork. If it is secret .mil related, they do not want the attention.
If it is private business related and an error, they do not want the attention. If it is terrorist related, they do not want
the attention(yet). So , which agency are you supposed to bring this attention to.? That is the question. If you have
tested the site again, and verified the readings with a constant(control). I would contact the University Science Dept.
and or the highest level Law enforcement agency you, can start at the top with. Let them take it from there, and
keep your mouth shut for the time being. just to be on the safe side, copy the data, and put it in escrow with several
reliable associates. I truly hope you have made an honest mistake with you readings though, because no matter
how you slice it, a gamma pie is the last you will ever eat. Keep ATS informed.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Hello, I am concerned about you. We have not heard a reply to our submissions. Are you O.K.?
Please let us know, as "The Radiation" concern is now mainstream via Japan.
Have you confirmed your data using controls?
And Lastly,,,Again, Are you O.K.?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by LilFox

Same thing here weeknights at 7 or 8 p.m. consistently. Never thought about it much though.
I figured it was a switchover on the grid or local cell tower.

I'd rather not think about it too much,,, I gotta go flip my Mad Cow burgers and get some melted cheese
on top while the gettins' good.

Pass me the freedom fries will ya?

you mean french fries

freedom fries LOL

regarding the topic .. everyone should check their instrument
dont trust the news especially if they tell you its ok ... when its clearly NOT

it will get to america by the pacific.. and very soon
edit on 3/13/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join