It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO, who watched, "M. Night Shyamalan" doc tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
God

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My boyfriend called me the other night ranting and raving about this documentary. I watched it for like 3 minutes and busted out laughing. He's convinced that it's real.

I happened to catch the part with the kids hanging out near the gate of the guy's house. All of them with hooded sweatshirts..... one of them with a perfect poof of blonde hair sticking out from his hood... etc. It just looked so staged and fake that I couldn't even watch the rest of it.

Kid: He's connected (insert long drawn out pause here) to the other side, dude.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm so disgusted at wasting two hours of my life on that stupid, smug documentary that now I can't bring myself to watch The Village. I ran into a "making of" on HBO or Showtime and all I could think about was that cheesy show

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I started to watch the show but found that after about 5 minutes, I couldn't stand it any longer. It was the ridiculous! It seemed that M night was putting a lot of concentration into keeping a straight face. Most people are so gullible they'll believe anything labeled "reality tv" M Night is using that to pad his bank account.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i just watched THE VILLAGE , and i'd have to say he did again made another specatalor film that is so thought provking , its indescripble , altho my intution picked up on the not one but two shocking story twists at the end , but his film was engrossing enought that i din't pay enought attation to my intution so untill the end i dint think about them , but theres one thing about all his movies i've notice i just feel as if parts of it are taken from real storys there's something about this movie that has that feeling even more then any of his other films , its DEfintly worth your money to go see and i say its the best film out right now , atlest for those who can understand his films as to not all ppl do

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I thought it was a good show, but far from being a documentary.

It may even draw added interest in his new movie just released.

But seriously though, the coincidences about his movies and real life are striking too.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It looked like half the time the actors were struggling to not burst out laughing
Everything just looked so artificial and staged, no one behaved naturally.

That guy is seriously full of himself

-Becs

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of his work, but that pseudo-documentary was obviously just a publicity stunt. I saw the Village, and IMHO, it was his worst movie so far, but not necessarily a bad movie.

My ranking for his movies so far are: Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Signs, and then the Village, in that order.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhagavadgita
I'm a big fan of his work, but that pseudo-documentary was obviously just a publicity stunt. I saw the Village, and IMHO, it was his worst movie so far, but not necessarily a bad movie.

My ranking for his movies so far are: Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Signs, and then the Village, in that order.

I'ld have to agree with you , even about the ranking of his films..That whole "mockumentary" was pathetic. The very fact that they aired it just before The Village was released should have been proof enough that even he knew this movie was going to be bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
its called a mockumentary

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
'Signs' was just too boring..I fell asleep halfway through. Then again, I dozed off during 'Silence Of The Lambs' too, so maybe movies aren't my thing

I enjoyed 'The Sixth Sense' though.

-Becs

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
He is a crackpot, the only good move of his was sixth sense and signs. Do not go watch Village. You will regret it if you do. Its a copy of signs. Very stupid and predicitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join