It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in America like to think they're better than everyone else?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have family in the US and have been there many many times and I think the average American definately thinks that they are supirior in almost every way that matters to the rest of us.

However this is the same for many other countries as well! Its normal to want to feel like where you are from is the best place to be from and living in a country you arn't guna hear more bad than good about it now are you?

Im Egnlish and a lot of people from here I know love our country, but are niow very unhappy about a lot that is going on here. Still we see ourselves as supirior to a degree despite all the ridiculous social problems that we have. Look at Russia, China, Japan, India, Dubai and other EU countries.

I think most of these the average person likes to think that their nation for whatever reason is supirior and the best. And this could be because they dont have as much technology or might, they may feel that they are supirior because they manage without this supiriority or because of their proud history.

Every country has reasons to be very proud of themselevs, their history and so if you're from there this is what you focus on, fogeting what other nations have achieved. I know people will pose and say 'but im from here and I dont think that way' but if you're on this forum you arn't Mr or Mrs Average and thats a good thing. All our countries are supirior in many different ways, we all have our own areas that we excel in, Every country has somehting to offer and its ignorent to think any nation has nothing to be proud of.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh look It's THIS thread again...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

You forgot to rant about how we are all America bashers who, for reasons known to none, MUST therefore be jealous because if it weren't for that then there is absolutely no reason why ANYONE should speak ill of your gold-plated country.

Take a deep breath.......kgo......
edit on 5/3/2011 by Kryties because: Stupid iPhone autocorrect

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
The problem is that they think that they're better than everyone else, and, that's what really bugs me.

"They".
"Them".
"Those" people?
Why are you letting Them get to you?

You know that emotions are ultimately in your own hands and not the hands of others don't you?

Or is this just another Americans are bad -wrong-arrogant-selfish-ignorant-stupid-spoiled-etc.-etc.-etc. rant?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Oh YEAH?

LOL.... Hey..Lady Googoo took Amy Winehouse's style to a whole new level of trashy.
And making more money doing ot too. See how we are?

2012 the movie? At least it was ALMOST entertaining.

We Americans don't want to see one more movie about the Queen from the 1400's with those fake British accents...
Or stutterers either. No matter how compelling.

Bombs,Aliens,Bombs killing aliens.. THAT"S entertainment.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob

Bombs,Aliens,Bombs killing aliens.. THAT"S entertainment.

Being an avid scifi fan I admit I agree with that statement hehe.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

those fake British accents...

Speaking of fake accents, when are Americans (actually this goes for all non-Aussies) going to realise that you can't fake an Aussie accent without making it cringeworthy? Seriously, you should hear it from our perspective lol it's terrible.

Please, for the love of god PLEASE stop trying to fake our accent!

/rant.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

I was born and raised in America and I hated everything about it. EVERYTHING. I hated the people in my school, I hated the culture, I hated the "values".

WOW, how does one form such emotional filled opinions at such a young age?
I was clueless,

BTW I never thought of America as better, being the daughter of immigrants,

I still don't, but I believe most cultures have a sense of pride,

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

i think america has a similar attitude to britain in the sence that britain thinks that because we had an empire we are more superior than everyone else which is nonsence

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

In my opinion we earned the term, Ugly American.

When you say things like this, it is like insulting ever culture on the planet, since we are multicultural,

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by TruthWizard

You forgot to rant about how we are all America bashers who, for reasons known to none, MUST therefore be jealous because if it weren't for that then there is absolutely no reason why ANYONE should speak ill of your gold-plated country.

Take a deep breath.......kgo......
edit on 5/3/2011 by Kryties because: Stupid iPhone autocorrect

still better looking! lol!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Ok fine you're better looking, those moustaches that many of you wear are just simply the most attractive thing since the invention of the toilet brush

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

those fake British accents...

Speaking of fake accents, when are Americans (actually this goes for all non-Aussies) going to realise that you can't fake an Aussie accent without making it cringeworthy? Seriously, you should hear it from our perspective lol it's terrible.

Please, for the love of god PLEASE stop trying to fake our accent!

/rant.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

don't go there!

aussie accent is only a boston and brit mix!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

something against toilet brushes??

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

it's been a pleasure,

have to sleep now,

bb!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Boston? Don't think so lol. All we did was take the British accent, make it much more relaxed then ram the words into each other so nobody else can understand it without us either slowing down or using subtitles lol.

Or should I say.....

Boston?Don'tthinksolol.AllwedidwastaketheBritishaccent,makeitmuchmorerelaxedthenramthewordsintoeachothersonobodyelsecanunderstanditwithoutuseitherslo wingdownorusingsubtitleslol.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As long as we r all bashing my country. Why do all you people drive huge pickup trucks to your office job from the burns in ur city that has no snow?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm sure there are people in every country in the world who has these thoughts and judgments against other people and other places. If they want to be ignorant and limited with their thoughts and feelings then that is their choice. I would like to think that the majority of people in the world are not this way. I just cant give up that hope. If the majority of the people are like this then humanity is screwed. In my opinion anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Fooks? THAT"S funny.. I agree..I have yet to hear a good Aussie accent by an American.

We say "barrrbie"for effect and sound like a moron from 20years ago.(I liked Dundee,ok 1st one)

You win that one.

I will bust the next American that either says "barrbie" or ""Eyyy mayyte"

I will tell them it is not a compliment. Happy?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And why the HELL do you think it's ok to assume Americans think they're better than everyone else. Screw you. I'm American and I DEFINITELY don't think we're better than others.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join