It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in America like to think they're better than everyone else?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
this one is really simple. I will try and type it out in a long enough sentence to qualify for a ATS Post.

Becasue we are the only people on any nation on earth that are Soverigns.... so yes, being an American is the best thing on earth.... and every couple of haundred years, we get to have a rebirth of freedom, guess what..?
you guessed it.... your a yellow belly slave.... unless your an American Fighting Man, then you can call yourself a FreeMan.... cuz, from time to time - someone comes along and says we aint... and then we kick their butts until they say we are..... you get it....? if not dont worry about it.... most Americans dont even know they are Kings upon birth on this land. and we will fight to keep it that way.

A fine example of Propaganda 101 at work.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I didn't realize the FOUNDING DOCUMENTS have not been read by all people who claim it is Propoganda.
Read it for yourself. WE THE PEOPLE are the Kings and we have Public Servants, Not Officals.....
*granted our system is very similar to Fascism, and that is why it was so easy for them to take over...
we try to do the right thing.... and they are keniving bastards and it goes back and forth... this is like round 9 or 10 of this crap.... read your HISTORY... its not propoganda its reality

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by Kryties

I didn't realize the FOUNDING DOCUMENTS have not been read by all people who claim it is Propoganda.
.... read your HISTORY...

Not my history mate, I'm Aussie in case you hadn't noticed it written in my 'location' section under my avatar (upside down yes, but that shouldn't pose too much of a problem for you I wouldn't think).

For crying out loud, when are Americans going to realise that they aren't the only people on the planet.
edit on 15/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by resistancia

listen to me,

we kill any and all who get in our way.

you live in australia? you need an american visit?

what you gonna do aussie? you need a lesson in civility?

1 way trip to egypt? you really don't think your gov will not give you up?

i come get you myself.

Wow...barking orders at me with that opening line "listen to me"

Yeah I live in Oz and no I do not need a lesson in civility but thank you for the generous offer

Not going to the US ever so sorry you won't be able to kill me

Already had my trip to Egypt last year. Not scvared of my government or yours for that matter.

And I'm waiting...so come get me fooks

resistancia

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

well there is not much difference between Austrailia and America now, Austrailia still has the spirit of freedom. but we have replaced it here in the states with food stamps and unemployment checks. people want everything for nothing. Walmart is like 50 % of our economy.were in sad shape mate. dont let it happen there too.. Its been like 20 years since I was there....

Dont Confuse with what we the people are and what we have to put up with. what you see is Washington DC and well they haven't represented the people in recorded history. We dont like war. but they drive our boys into service or they crash the economy until we do. so its under deress from our end as well....
edit on 20-3-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

This right here is half the problem when it comes down to these kind of debates...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I think if you were born in a different country or culture, you would find those thoughts are NOT limited to Americans..

I'm not going to name countries or cultures because that will start silly debate but from my many travels I can comfortably state Americans are not the only ones that think they are better than the rest..

I like you, some guy who at seems like he's been outside the USA. Rule number one: Who ever is the personification of power is feared, I mean hated, same thing. And baby right now, I like being a member of the most powerful country the world has ever known, considering our nearest potential competitors are basically China, a nation that never known anything close to democracy. OK, so its all a charade, we only think we live in a free country. That may actually be more true then even I want to admit. Thats how we make what to some is only virtual, very real. Can you tell the difference? Anyway I burned through three passports in the 80's and 90's, and thats only the places I went officially...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

we are not that powerful, we may think we are, but we are the most hated country in the world, it will be our turn to pay the piper real soon, every great nation has a downfall, and personally ill be happy to see this country go to hell, to many facists people in this country, to many people like you

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
reply to post by arbiture

we are not that powerful, we may think we are, but we are the most hated country in the world, it will be our turn to pay the piper real soon, every great nation has a downfall, and personally ill be happy to see this country go to hell, to many fascists people in this country, to many people like you

Then I guess you have never met a real fascist, but I have met more then my share of people in my country who are quick to bitch and moan, but are oblivious to the power they really have. Calling an official, "official or not" names in many countries can get you killed.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I see arrogance coming from some non-Americans here too.

#1 I keep reading that as an American I have no culture. I have a culture AND I am a US American. I happen to be indigenous. I guess I don't count concerning these generalizations? Wrong.. I am an American and you lump us all together out of the same ignorance you accuse Americans of having concerning other countries. The irony.

#2 Id love to know who all of these arrogant Americans are other than our politicians, movie characters, and internet idiots are that cause seemingly intelligent people from other countries to make such absurd judgements. If I judged other countries by their movie characters, politicians, and internet idiots even here on ATS... I am sure I'd come to the same conclusion. It's a good thing I don't make judgements using such pathetic sources to base them on. I don't surround myself with trash or fools, so I personally know none of these stereotypes I see shouted about by non-Americans. I suggest stop seeking out trash or fools to speak with when making judgements about an entire country's population.

#3 Ive visited and lived in other countries for significant amounts of time over my lifetime and I'm not young. When in other countries I didn't choose to see only the bad.. and there were plenty of bad things to see. I also didn't seek out the idiots of the country I was in and make sweeping judgements concerning the thoughts of all of it's citizens. I didn't choose to view "different" as bad or inferior. as some non-Americans are doing here toward me. I didn't "infect everyone like a virus". People didn't "hear me coming" because I was born with a bullhorn.. etc. Such childish statements shouldn't be used to judge the populations of the entire country of the people who spoke these absurd things, but it seems rules are different when one is speaking to an American. All in all, I had pleasant experiences in most countries including Iran way back when. I don't experience problems in my own country unless an idiot comes along, and the US certainly doesn't have the corner of the market on idiots. I also have never met people of other countries who speak or behaved toward me as non-Americans have behaved on this thread and elsewhere on ATS. America bashing is a new sport and some seem to love to kick us while we are down. I as a citizen, not a politician, am told false things are fact by non-Americans and accused of things I have never done nor condoned. I am not supported by some when fighting against the crimes my country is committing, but I am blamed for them by arrogant non-Americans and told what I am, how I live, what I feel and what I think. Is this not arrogance? We are in a state of turmoil and there are a great number of us actively fighting for change, reform, and societal evolution. If you wish to center on the idiots of our country to make your judgements, feel free.....and be known by it.

On ATS there are a multitude of non-Americans who do not hold this absurd assumption that we feel superior and the other weird assumptions I'm reading.If you wish to get all of your information to base decisions on by movies, propaganda, and little to no contact with US Americans.. feel free. Among people I truly respect here are 2 Aussies, one South African, three Brits, and the most insightful Israeli on the site. Its telling to me that we can get together and speak of things... and never have these amazing issues you all on this thread seem to be having. Is it maturity?Lack of the desire to troll?Actually having more real information and experience to base decisions on? Who knows. I do know this: you cant point a finger at a whole country and make statements about how bad we are, when you are engaging in the same petty, bad, and arrogant behavior yourself.

I see a lot of people on this thread of different countries and my own who should take care.. you may break your necks when you fall off of that great gold-plated pedestal you have placed yourselves upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join