It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in America like to think they're better than everyone else?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

K. But like I said. We have the most diverse population on Earth. In ergo, we're the hub of culture and power.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Well, I for one, would rather that you keep your culture to the confines of your own country instead of trying to spread like a virus all over the planet.

res

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
apologies
edit on 14-3-2011 by resistancia because: double post

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
reply to post by Kryties

I feel a bit sorry for him

res

I don't, not one little bit.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

That's nice and all. But that doesn't change what happened and is continuing to happen. It's gone down, just like in America a few decades ago. It will take more time to see if it goes back up and flares more riots. I know in England hatred is growing.

Also, America doesn't try to spread its culture. People willingly choose to take it. Besides the Iraq war, which was explicitly to make more or less a mini-me country, the US has not done much to force its ways on others. Afghanistan was for much needed liberation against Islamic conservatives, and pretty much we've only given money to those leaders we feel could better our condition. That said we're not perfect, but to speak frankly, America didn't colonize half the third world. England France and Spain did.

Once again, Australia is doing better now. But just like America in 1980, it's not perfect yet. Then again neither is America. Perhaps I will change my opinion with the first aboriginal PM of Australia.

Fact is just recently did the first one win a rep seat, and Australia continues to pass policy on the people. There shouldn't even be a policy for the people. That's like passing policy explicitly for Mexican Americans. Illegal immigration it's understandable. But for people who've lived on the land forever it's freaking retarded. Same goes for Australia.

Pity me all you want, I've never cared for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

That's nice and all. But that doesn't change what happened and is continuing to happen.

In what fantasy-land do you live in where it is continuing to happen? You truly do live in La la land.

Also, America doesn't try to spread its culture. People willingly choose to take it.

The more I read your posts the more and more convinced I become that you are completely deluded. You actually believe your own BS don't you?

Besides the Iraq war, which was explicitly to make more or less a mini-me country, the US has not done much to force its ways on others.

You got the Iraq thing right, otherwise known as Weapons of Mass Deception. Your assumption that the US doesn't force it's way on others, however, is delusion of the highest degree.

Pity me all you want, I've never cared for it.

We don't pity you, not one teency-tiny little bit. You continue to live in your Fantasy-Land on Lollipop Lane and we'll continue to live in the REAL WORLD, not caring a damn for the likes of liars like you.
edit on 14/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That's nice. But last I checked Iran never got invaded, Libya isn't yet, and the US has more or less remained unresponsive to the loss of its allies in the middle east as government after government topples.

One would think that if they were trying, they would secure their allies. Instead, like the last set of leaders and the ones before them, the US is just abandoning ties to the overthrown and opening new ties to the new governments.

It seems that for all you speak of, the US has not actually gone in and forcefully changed any nation for the sake of making it like itself other than Iraq. And that was all in good cause. Even though the invasion was based off a lie, I don't believe that the protests there now would have such low death rates under the last government, nor that the government would listen to its people as much.

So again, where is the vast Continental colonization by America? Where is the modern age vast abuse of entire populations? You cannot count a few retard soldiers whom, by the way, all got charged mostly. Where's the genocides caused by US forces? Last I checked the US went in on a lie, smeared dirt on the fact of a few terrorists, and then left. Sure its a lie, but lies are certainly better than mass genocide by the French and English in their colonies. Even in that dark age, America was not so ready to mass kill people. General Pershing was certainly an exception, but even his actions don't compare with others. But return to the modern age, we still have not even done near as bad as most nations before us and we continue to, for the most part, seek the betterment of the people we invade. As oppose to the betterment of the host nation which is what most other nations do.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
LOL nicely done contradicting yourself in just about every sentence you write......

reply to post by Kryties

It seems that for all you speak of, the US has not actually gone in and forcefully changed any nation for the sake of making it like itself

wait for it.....

other than Iraq.

LOL. Here's another....

And that was all in good cause.

Drum roll.....

Even though the invasion was based off a lie,

Where's the genocides caused by US forces? Last I checked the US went in on a lie, smeared dirt on the fact of a few terrorists, and then left.

You forget the fact they killed many more civilians than actual 'terrorists'. There's your genocide mate.

Sure its a lie, but lies are certainly better than mass genocide by the French and English in their colonies.

No they aren't, your back in your world of delusion again (actually I don't think you ever left...)

But wait, the contradictions haven't finished yet.....

Even in that dark age, America was not so ready to mass kill people.

Drumroll.....

General Pershing was certainly an exception

Mate, this is ridiculous. You're getting more and more delusional with every post.
edit on 14/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The number of civilians killed from Iraq has been reported by most as 100,000. The number of deaths for colonization and many other things goes well into the millions.

K thanxbye.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

That's 100,000 civilians that didn't need to die mate, as you yourself said the invasion was a lie. I dare you to go tell that to the families of the civilians killed by US forces and classified simply as 'collateral damage'.

Now you are starting to disgust me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

War sucks. Occupation sucks more. Still doesn't compare to the explicit rape motivations of most nations. If you were expecting low in war you should not go in. Perhaps I can disgust you more. I don't believe in the idea of war crimes, the Geneva conventions, nor anything else. War is total war or you just don't do it. War is a crime, so there's no legislating it.

That said, the true reasons have become far more obvious. We wanted them strong so that we would not have to bother with them. This is a good reason. We were afraid that Iran would spread, or in the far future China would want oil and go in. By having a strong Iraq that is also a free Iraq, we would hopefully begin affecting the region to make it independent and able to defend itself when the inevitable wars for resources would come have a century from now. To me, that's far more noble than the other reasons nations go to war, most specifically raw resources, rape of the land, and power. The US doesn't want top be the world police anymore. Granted this strategy failed miserably with Rome as the upgraded civilized former barbarians became the new threat of Rome, we're not Rome. SO we do not have to go down the same problems.

100,000 dead for unity is far better than 20 million dead for gold God and glory.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I hope you meet the families of the dead civilians one day, I really do.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I wouldnt say americans think they are better, they just show their pride to the extreme sometimes.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Besides the Iraq war, which was explicitly to make more or less a mini-me country, the US has not done much to force its ways on others.

First of all, the Iraq War alone is enough to qualify as more than "not much." If only because our soldiers' murders of 100,000+ civilians... is not a fact to take lightly, even if you'd happen to have such a revolting word in your vocabulary as "collateral damage."

Then what else do we have...

Iran-Contra?

Interfering with many governments in Latin and South America with CIA coups?

Trying to start revolts in Cuba?

The Vietnam War?

Going into Cambodia too during the Vietnam War?

The Korean War?

I'm not saying you can't come up with excuses for these things. But none of those negates the fact that these are all representative of the US government trying to force its will upon foreign countries. What government a foreign country wants is its own business, end of story.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

100,000 dead for unity is far better than 20 million dead for gold God and glory.

Yeah and killing your family would be better than killing an entire nation, so now that I've made my point, can I kill your family?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

However evil it sounds, if your killing my family made the world a better place and saved peace, then go right a.. But such a situation is not true. And there is nothing proving it.

Everything you listed was for betterment of people really. We quite literally gained little if anything in the situations you listed. I would argue the Vietnam war is the only exception because it had to do with forcing an end to communism. We weren't even concerned with spreading our way. We were just concerned with making sure a power balance was established. But I really really really hate 1960s US government policy and the politicians of that era. As I also stated, America's been on the down hill for a while now. But even half dead its the best place on Earth.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this one is really simple. I will try and type it out in a long enough sentence to qualify for a ATS Post.

Becasue we are the only people on any nation on earth that are Soverigns.... so yes, being an American is the best thing on earth.... and every couple of haundred years, we get to have a rebirth of freedom, guess what..?
you guessed it.... your a yellow belly slave.... unless your an American Fighting Man, then you can call yourself a FreeMan.... cuz, from time to time - someone comes along and says we aint... and then we kick their butts until they say we are..... you get it....? if not dont worry about it.... most Americans dont even know they are Kings upon birth on this land. and we will fight to keep it that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

However evil it sounds, if your killing my family made the world a better place and saved peace, then go right a.. But such a situation is not true. And there is nothing proving it.

Considering your position, the situation might be more true than you think. Luckily the difference in my philosophy is what prevents me from ever taking your advice.

And that is why you are wrong.

Everything you listed was for betterment of people really.

When you kill people because you don't agree with their government, which consists of a bunch of ideas in living peoples' .s, you think that is "better"? What are you defining "good" and "bad" on, here?
edit on 14-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Also, America doesn't try to spread its culture. People willingly choose to take it.

Nobody asked if I wanted to be Americanised. I have had no choice. We even have young people imitating the overuse of the word "like" and trying to effect Amercian accents

Why? American influence and culture saturating our TV.

I am Australian and I like only Australian culture in my country and when I travel I want to see the authentic cultures of other countries. Not some fake, corrupt bastardised version.

There is no ONE great nation on this planet.

res

edit on 15-3-2011 by resistancia because: amended signature

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Not killing civilians in peace time is a good idea. Son't know about you. Just feels right.

As to my position, I fail to see how my ideas are justifiable in killing my family who do not share those ideas. Perhaps you meant to say kill me? In which case it would make far more sense.

I'm all for the rights of man in peace time, but war time is not peace time. War has no rules, no regulations, and no care. A good war is one in which before the war there was debauchery and murder and mayhem, and after the war war, within reasonable time constraints of a generation or 2, there was considerable improvement to the rights of man. The war itself is irregardless to this fact.

In knowing this, let us look at the world. Wherever Africa was colonized, today it is worser than it was before colonization. And yes, colonization is war. I would consider England forgivable, considering their former colonies are the best off them all, with functional, stable governments. But for people like the Belgians and French, nothing they did was an improvement. Now let us look at where the US was, and even the few colonies they had. Can you show me a place the US was located at for a prolonged period of time, be it through war, occupation, or colonization, that in the modern times is worser than it was before? Perhaps Korea come close, but in the end the places the US was, the south, is far better off than the north.

Fact is wherever we've gone, overall, even in defeat like in Vietnam, their modern locations are pretty better than their neighbors in the regions.

Patriotism? Hell no. Every one of those situations could have been done peacefully and received the same results. I must admit that it is only in this decade the US has actually done things peacefully. More accurately, an objectivist.

What the hell does Americanized even mean? Where is our unified culture? Where is our nationalism? Where is the American identity? These things have no exacts. If your kids want to be like America, then God bless them. If you want to be like whatever you are, then God bless you. Everyone has a right to be as they desire. In as much as you don't, your kids do, and they have the right to be like what they desire to be, like it or not. Stuck in your ways much? If China became a world power and 15 years from now everyone wanted to be like China and their culture and political system became the best int he world, neither you nor I have any right to stop people from requesting aid from China and desiring to be like China. only difference between you and I is that I would go along with the flow if it turned out to be the better way. I think there's something to be said he, not having an identity. It allows you to become whatever works best. Go a. and stick to your old ways, nobody is going to stop you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

listen to me,

we kill any and all who get in our way.

you live in australia? you need an american visit?

what you gonna do aussie? you need a lesson in civility?

1 way trip to egypt? you really don't think your gov will not give you up?

i come get you myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join