It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in America like to think they're better than everyone else?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
this has always puzzled me, if every body thinks that united states is so bad why do we have the highest immigration rate.

here's a wiki link

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-born_population_in_ 2005

here is another link that shows it broken down more

www.cis.org/highest-decade

so according to these to sites the United States of America
is still the most popular destination, even during the 2008 economic crash they still kept coming.
legal and illegal.
the proof is in the numbers.

if we are hated so bad why do they keep on coming.

and for all those who are citizens of the United States, and hate this country, pack your bags there are plenty of people willing to take your place.

you should be ashamed of your self's, you could be over in some other country that is much worse.

and all of you who are citizens of other countries, from all the sources that i can find you are losing your freedoms as fast as we are, if not faster.

cases for my point, australia and canada out of all the countries in the world seemed to be the closest to the independent spirit that formed the United States. but say over the last twenty years or so, your countries seem to be headed in to same, corrupted police state that we are. i would venture to say maybe even faster.

and for people of the united kingdom, your country had to be the most hated in the world,now forgive me if i don't get all of my dates right, from say the mid 1700's to as late as 1940's, it was said that, "the sun would never set on the empire." or words to that effect. and your government ruled with a iron hand that the United States has never came close too. and the last time that i checked your country was the leader in closed circuit monitoring.
known as the cctv leader. more cameras per capita than any country in the world. i don't think we have caught up with the uk yet in these areas. so why do you stand there and point the finger at the United States, every time we go some where, your countries are right there beside us. talk about the kettle calling the pot black.

do some thing about your countries first, then come and complain about ours.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

lol i dont know why you felt you had to reply to my post, your basically saying if you had enough money you could update your electrical outlets to the 21st century lol and live in a penthouse in manhattan lol. so what of course you can, you could have the large hadron collider bult in your yard if you had the cash. it's obvious you could even order or install a modern toilet system to. lol
I wasnt talking about that im saying the vast majority of people have old ass infrastructure as in electrical, drainage, housing, and communications. (the little things as i put it)

ive been all around america my best buddy is from california i lived in new york for 2years and washington dc for a year. My sister is married with a child to a cop in d.c. I go to america twice a year im not anti-american and as i said i have never seen so much segregation, gated communities, oldass infrastructure that should belong in a museum being in america.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
lol i dont know why you felt you had to reply to my post, your basically saying if you had enough money you could update your electrical outlets to the 21st century lol

Because the US hasn't reached the 21st century yet, of course. What country are you from again? And what makes your style of outlets so much better anyway?

I wasnt talking about that im saying the vast majority of people have old ass infrastructure as in electrical, drainage, housing, and communications. (the little things as i put it)

I don't know about "majority" or the definition of "old ass" but yeah, that sounds about like saying everyone in England has crooked teeth or every woman in France has oniony armpit hair. The house I'm living in right now is made of wood with a concrete foundation, and our 4 computers and wireless router are all powered by ancient 60 Hz sockets (that one of your Europeans invented -- after moving to America) so I guess it totally sucks here, you're right.

ive been all around america my best buddy is from california i lived in new york for 2years and washington dc for a year. My sister is married with a child to a cop in d.c. I go to america twice a year im not anti-american and as i said i have never seen so much segregation, gated communities, oldass infrastructure that should belong in a museum being in america.

What drives you to this ancient backwater twice a year?
edit on 12-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I keep going back to your ancient backwater(as you put it ) because i have family in washington and close friends in new york i even have a few famous relations who were american like - en.wikipedia.org... buried in hawaii you might have heard of him lol

And the definition of "majority" is "most of" as in " the majority of people have old electrical, drainage, housing, and communications infrastructure.
And the definition of Oldass is "old and smelling of ass" lol

oh thats nice man you have a broadband wi-fi router lol I bet it's plugged into your wall with that little copper wire phone lead into a at&t phone line lol sorry man thats like pulling a racecar with a donkey. most of your internet broadband infrastructure is oldass to now that you mention it

dude its just my opinion let it go
im not insulting americans ,but your infrastructure is trash compared to europe. No usa number 1 with this one dude ,get over it

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
after my little rant this might seem strange, but after seeing the back and forth between adnois and bsbray
i had to post this. this is for you guys
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f02bab2bf85e.jpg[/atsimg][/url]

edit on 13-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: edit f bomb and bs

edit on 13-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

You forgot to mention what country you're from.

If this is any indication, unless you're from Japan, Korea, Scandinavia or France, there isn't a whole lot of difference between whatever country you're in, and US averages.

I couldn't find a graph like that for non-broadband that included the US, but the same countries were on top of what graphs I did find. Japan and Korea kick everybody else's ass. I told you if I traveled anywhere it would be to Asia.

Not like this is worth a pissing contest either considering either of us could load most of whatever we want to see in a fraction of a second anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

But you aren't normally first on the scene, nor are you WANTED as the worlds police. Note how many other countries protest your 'policing' of foreign countries?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Before another American jumps on my back and starts earbashing me with carefully selected graphs or info that is twisted in their favour, I should say this....I could care less.

I only got involved with this argument over some lies portrayed about Australia and the Aussie people that I felt I had to defend. I do not believe that Australia is a better place than anywhere else, not by a longshot. What I will NOT stand for is Australia and Aussies being made out to be a racist nation because some jerk found a few photos of ONE race riot that occurred years ago that is generally considered to be a bunch of drunken tools on a rampage. THIS I will not stand for.

I will point out however, Americans throw out the race card left, right and centre and yet in most foreigners view, it is the Americans themselves who are the racist bunch - seemingly preoccupied with it actually.

Now as I said before, I could care less about those who yabber on about America did this, America did that, America F@#$ YEAH etc etc. It is complete bollocks and just shows how little that person knows about the big wide world outside your borders.
edit on 13/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Well that happened after the total freedom period. They were shut down within 10 years of their creation after the war and then there was some stability. It's a strange time period, from 1865 to 1890.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

i like it hounddoghowlie
im not saying i am better then anyone even though i do have adnois dna, culturally we a practically identical.

bsbray11 I have lived in america and liked it apart from the segregation in gated communities, old electrical, drainage, housing, and communications infrastructure, crime rates and on and on......im just talking about what i have seen a experienced with my own eyes i was genuinely shocked to discover this liveing in newyork and d.c ( your capitol )

I could say what i think about what is bigger in america to like the food portions, prisons, poverty, illiteracy (did i spell that right
)
but all jokeing aside the romantic view of america of being the creation of freedom and democracy is just a dream, not a bad dream but missguided all the same. I have had family in america since day one driving native american off their native land to fighting on land ,sea and air in ww2 i think that gives me the right to say europe has better infrastructure and that america number one stuff is mild propaganda instilled at a your age.

and thats me trying to answer this obviously inflammatory thread title of why americans think that they are better becaue quite frankly alot do "mild propaganda instilled at a your age"

sorry cousin im not claiming sharia law or the communist manifesto lol im just saying what i think.
whats that america saying "your starting to believe your own bullsh#t"

you are wrong leonidas you are wrong

edit on 13-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: add text

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Americans don't think we are better than everyone else ~ We think we are more winner than everyone else. You see we have Tiger's Blood coursing through our veins and you do not. You Illuminati Warlocks can troll with your trolling but fact is our torpedo of truth can't be denied!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

vatican assassins with fists of fire from mars couldnt have said it better
.....winning ...burn ....... next lol
edit on 13-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: winning

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
after my little rant this might seem strange, but after seeing the back and forth between adnois and bsbray
i had to post this. this is for you guys
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f02bab2bf85e.jpg[/atsimg][/url]

edit on 13-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: edit f bomb and bs

edit on 13-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Ah, pictures paint a thousand words don't they!?
Well done for posting this...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
bsbray11 I have lived in america and liked it apart from the segregation in gated communities, old electrical, drainage, housing, and communications infrastructure, crime rates and on and on.....

I've asked a few times now but I'm curious, in what country do you live?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

Not really. Considering that the race riots DID happen

There was ONE race riot. That is singular not plural. The race riot was between caucasian Australians and Middle Eastern males and therefore one may assume they were Moslems. The riot was not about Aboriginality vs White Australia.

The one and only race riot did happen.

res

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Its pointless trying to tell him, he's convinced himself he is right based on some images he found on Google.

The term 'Deny Ignorance', to him, means 'Embrace Ignorance'.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

Actually no. I never said that. What I did say is that streets filled with people hunting Lebanese or other middle eastern folks doesn't happen in America. Sure they will protest. But the hate is always civil amongst the masses.

Hunting Lebanese people happens in Australia does it ??? Is that like supposedly "decent upstanding" white folks belonging to an organisation called the Ku Klux Klan who still mistreat African Americans in the South ? Seriously where do you get this crap from? Please display the evidence that you have for streets being filled by Aussies hunting Lebanese.

Are we using high tech equipment in these hunts or are we using pitchforks and sticks...so funny

res

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Uhm your American. I am american. why you got yo Sat america as though we aren't here. Quit generalizing and get you book done elsewhere

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I feel a bit sorry for him

res

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join