It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in America like to think they're better than everyone else?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Shame, it would be good if someone could become the peace weaver of the world..
I certainly feel we are in need of one.. I think I've dragged this off topic long enough.
have a good day

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There is only one chance of that happening. If during a world war the world were to be plunged inches to total extinction, and then the armies of the main fighters unified to stop their governments and force a peace. This world union of armies policing governments would be the only practical manner to do it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You may have many cultures present, but they're all watered down and blended with pop culture and decadence.
You won't find the many cultures of Europe in the US, and if italian americans want to consider themselves italians, well.. that's their prerogative but to europeans they're americans. You won't find genuine scandinavian communities in Minnesota or whatever, what you'll find are the words smörgåsbord, tungsten and ombudsman..

The US was an experiment, failed by design it seems.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Not really. I fail to see how what you mentioned is a failure. What you speak of is the grander goal. Designed to go that very way. And it has. Thus it has succeeded.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

What I'm saying is the US is going down the toilet because the oligarchy made it so.

The crash of the dollar, the worldwide economic crash, all the factories shipped overseas, the shift to China as a super power, countries calling for another reserve currency, the draining middle east wars, the total disregard of the constitution, the growing police state, the poisonous food and water, need I go on?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

From destruction flows greatness. What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger, until we are stronger than those whom control us.

It's all their own down fall. If they wish to push, the repulse will be all the more greater.

Besides. I'm still free. And until I meet something actually attuned to what you claim, I will go on happily.

Besides. Superpowerism is a death wish. let China take it if they desire it. Everything you mentioned bad here is ten fold worse there. How long until they collapse then? Tenfold faster. 30 years at most for them.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Dears Gorman91 and Kryties,
you are both strong, as your nations are.
I think you should apologize to each other and continue working together for world peace.
Only together you will be stronger.
Friendly suggestion
Peace

With all due respect mate, I'd prefer to smother myself in fish paste and dive into a pool full of rabid piranha than apologise and 'make friends' with someone who displays such arrogance and ignorance about the world around him.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

And 5-10 for the US.. the middle class is already gutted. Only the oil will save the U.S., but it will never be the same again.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Indeed. The US will collapse just like it has every 50 some odd years. And just like all the times prior, it willg et back up again. Study your history.

Little state secret, the reason the middle class is gutted is because of abortion, designed-to-fail schools, and unfairness. People just don't care. You are either poor or rich or elite. When abotion gets banned for everything except rape, and schools get repaired after America collapses again, and the unfairness is undone by those who take over by force to undo it, then the middle class will be reborn.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ignorance you've yet to prove wrong. So I'd not call it ignorance.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Lets see, I seem to remember the ignorance about race riots happening willy-nilly in Australia and Aussies joining in left-right and centre (not your exact words but pretty much the jist of it). You mean that ignorance? How have I not proven that wrong?

Seriously, I'm starting to think you are trolling on purpose - nobody can be THAT stupid. But then again, I could be mistaken......

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Because America is an exception to the rule. That exception is that are people are created equal and free. Not that they are always that way, just that they all have the same chance to succeed in life.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Wha?

So people in Australia/Europe/UK/pretty much any western nation are not just as free as you?

That would be news to me, seeing as I live in one of those nations.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Dude i live in europe , i lived in canada and america, im not trying to insult any americans but america is one of the most unfree countries in the western world. One on the lowest iq scores, worst education system, worst homeless rates, worst crime rates, on and on......... and are pretty segregated in their own communities. it was unreal for me to see that in america comeing from europe we dont have gated communities and racism to anywhere near the extent of the u.s.a. Even down to the little things like toilets chains you pull lol to your old electrical sockets are like old fashioned antiques. And the majority of people living in houses made from wood, 3 years living in a america, i wasnt that impressed with your freedom or infrastructure. All that "america number 1" "freedom" suff comes from americans who have never been anywhere else lol its funny to me

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why? Maybe because we are the world's first responder during any and every natural disaster. Maybe because while Libya is in the throws of a civil war, the world asks us to create a "no fly" zone.

I have yet to see the jack-booted fascists marching down my street or breaking down mine or my neighbors doors. Seems we can congregate when and wherever we want as evidenced in Wisconsin and other communities.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
Why? Maybe because we are the world's first responder during any and every natural disaster. Maybe because while Libya is in the throws of a civil war, the world asks us to create a "no fly" zone.

So countries like the UK mustn't exist in your little fantasy world? You know the OTHER countries that have also been asked? Oh and always worlds first responder? What a load of bollocks. Show some sources for that please.

I have yet to see the jack-booted fascists marching down my street or breaking down mine or my neighbors doors. Seems we can congregate when and wherever we want as evidenced in Wisconsin and other communities.

Lmao you really do live in a fantasy land. Last time I checked I can do all those things too and have no fear of 'fascists'. What you are spewing out is called 'propaganda' and it seems you have believed it hook, line and sinker. I almost feel sorry for you....

Almost.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Actually no. I never said that. What I did say is that streets filled with people hunting Lebanese or other middle eastern folks doesn't happen in America. Sure they will protest. But the hate is always civil amongst the masses.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Tsk Tsk, how quickly you forget your own ignorance.....here let me remind you.....

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Ellen15

And Australia today still has race riots. Many of which their population is more than happy to hop into.

There's no way you can deny spewing out that ignorant crap. You must be stupid to think we will fall for it.

Awaiting the next dose of ignorant propaganda to be belched forth....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes. That's what I said. And that's what the photographs back up.

www.google.com...

That does not mean their whole population. That simply means lots.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Meanwhile the same google search for America reveals mainly black and white photos. Plus a few modern ones. But the modern ones are jokes. '92 comes to mind. That's about it.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Considering I live in Sydney, about 30mins drive from where those riots happened I can categorically say that it involved a very small number of idiot youths who went on a rampage. As I also said, most Aussies think that VERY SMALL NUMBER of people are complete wankers.

Now, you have not only lied by saying that most Aussies would gladly hop into a riot, you have also lied about riots being a common place thing here and then you tried to use that as justification of why America is so great.

Ignorance at it's finest, through use of false propaganda. You sir, have been discredited.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join