It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Does anyone think that were loseing our rights.... the government is constantly watching us. every year more and more camers are set up to watch us.... this really creeps me out soon enough we wont be able to do anything without the government knowing about it....for example i heard in Boston homeland security has a knew system called hawkeye which is a helicopter that will be able to zoom in on our faces and our license plates...then the video feed will be sent to homeland security. Someone has to do something about this

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I heard that they have hidden cameras in some satellite recievers and cable boxes, now it is really true that while you are watching TV, the TV is watching you. George Orwell was about 20 years off date, but what he saw is now upon us.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i fail to see how more and more cameras in different public areas equates to us losing our freedoms. as more and more people commit crimes it only makes sense for more and more PUBLIC are to be surveyed by cameras. and beyond that you somehow make a general connection that all these cameras are linked directly to a gov't headquarters or something. don't forget, it's more likely your local police dept. that installed the cameras. as long as the cameras aren't in our homes then there isn't a problem. and that brings me to Lastday; just what the hell are you talking about? you HEARD about hidden cameras? so you're presenting a rumor as reason to say definitively we're being watched by our TV's?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If you like that, you will love the US gov using "on-star" to spy on where you are as well as what you are saying. When this first came out, I said that this is what would happen, but I was called a nut. Then a month or so ago, a law suit was filed againsty the FBI for spying. The result, the guy was let go due to illegal spying and a new law passed that the fbi can monitor you using onstar anytime for any reason-great!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Gov
Does anyone think that were loseing our rights.... the government is constantly watching us. every year more and more camers are set up to watch us.... this really creeps me out soon enough we wont be able to do anything without the government knowing about it....for example i heard in Boston homeland security has a knew system called hawkeye which is a helicopter that will be able to zoom in on our faces and our license plates...then the video feed will be sent to homeland security. Someone has to do something about this

Nope.. the more power the government has the safer we are. Ever check out terraserver.com... amazing

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BushCheney2004
Nope.. the more power the government has the safer we are. Ever check out terraserver.com... amazing

So by that definition, Stalinist Russia, or Nazi Germany were particularly safe places to be, right? Not sure I'd agree with you there somehow.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Does anyone have a problem with little devices in our cars that keep track of us?

Of course we are losing our rights. I for one do not really like the idea of a camera on every street light. I don't particularly like cameras everywhere. Big Brother....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Originally posted by BushCheney2004

So by that definition, Stalinist Russia, or Nazi Germany were particularly safe places to be, right? Not sure I'd agree with you there somehow.

Heh...I don't think he's gonna reply - he no doubt got booted for being paid off to post that kind of crap, or something similar....

I don't think the whole cable box camera thing is true...but that's just going off opinion with nothing to back it up...

I hate that feeling of being watched all the time - I get it enough with people just looking over my shoulders like they have something to say but are holding back....it's the same way I feel about these new cams....it's like the gov't is holding a purpose back and putting a play on for the dummies...I think public safety is one thing, but intrusion of privacy is another

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I cringe at the idea of OnStar, and I also hate the GPS in the cell phones. Geez it will locate me within 6 feet? I can see benefits of both of these, but it creeps me out as well. I don't have anything to hide, but do not like how closely I could be monitored. I seriously doubt the camera in the cable box, but it could be implemented in certain situations I am sure.

top topics

join