It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs: Why the disparity between (a) public interest and (b) resources?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Issues relating to UFO reports get quite a lot of publicity on a fairly regular basis, e.g. when the UK releases a batch of new documents.

Judging from the number of hits that stories about UFOs get, there is widespread interest in the topic.

Why doesn't that interest translate into more resources for UFO research?

People seem to be happy to read a story, but not commit significant time and effort.

UFO research has always had extremely limits funds. Also, virtually all UFO researchers do their research on their own in their spare time with little support.

Do people tend to read articles about UFOs in the mainstream media for entertainment value without any real belief that there is anything interesting (whether regarding aliens or less exotic matters) to be learnt?

Just curious what other people on ATS think about this issue...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
u know i just asked my girlfriend what she thought as she is quite uninterested in ufo's and she said:

"im just interested to see if someone actually got a decent photo or its just more boring documents"

you can only imagine my frustration.

edit on 4-3-2011 by tokzik because: spell check

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I thought a lot of the research is done in secret as the general public may get pissed off at the governments using their money for something that a lot of them don't believe in. Isn't a lot of the UFO research done by the military anyways?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
isnt UFOLOGY classed as research? or do you mean research as in a proper topic like part of science?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
UFO research has always had extremely limits funds. Also, virtually all UFO researchers do their research on their own in their spare time with little support.

perhaps we can get some serious funding for research...

once we have our hands on a craft to research.

Hard to get money for a field that produces not results

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
nazi's started the orginial research in rebuilding or reverse engineering them They also had computers that were 40 years ahead of the allies, after America took a majority of the nazi tech they started there own projects and false projects to enlist funding materials and resourses and started playing a circle game of using there old tech to fund and finance the newer stuff, everything we think is new is problity 60 years behind there military knowledge.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hard to get money for a field that produces not results

It's not just about the money - in relation to which I'm sure you are familiar with the comment in the introduction to the Condon Report that "Our general conclusion is that nothing has come from the study of UFOs in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge. Careful consideration of the record as it is available to us leads us to conclude that further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby."

My issue is more to do with the superficial nature of the interest most people seem to have.

The interest seems to be widespread but not very deep.

Basically, if many people took the subject seriously, wouldn't more of them spend more of their time looking into the issues?

Maybe not...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

What kind of researchers, in fact I would be hard pressed to trust any of them. Not joking about that. I do recall writing to the head of the exopolitics canada, to ask for recommendations for a regressionists that was good, and not black op/infilitrated. He asked a few questions, shared that he was an experiencer as well, and that there was little point in the regressions, as some things were best kept only partly remembered or basically under wraps, which got some alarm bells ringing, for many abductions are paramilitary type co-op ones, though not all.

Also, wrote to ufobc for a list of regressionists, no answer.

As for researchers themselves, just who are they? Do you really think that something declared an issue of national security is going to have various civilians given free range in investigations.

The only thing that would matter is a grass roots upswelling of experiencers given some sort of protocol or purpose. Aside from disclosing the science and energy, the better experiences seem to be with those waking people up to the way the world is. But awareness doesnt seem to be widespread, and it isn't forced on anyone, but seems to be a matter of free will. In other words, its up to us to seek. Life is more than the reality around us and the higher up experiences are metaphysical, not paramilitary.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Do you really think that something declared an issue of national security is going to have various civilians given free range in investigations.

But I don't see much evidence of many people ATTEMPTING to much in-depth research.

Do you think, as your post may imply, that some people think there may be something significant behind UFO reports but it would be a waste of time to attempt in-depth research because they would be faced with some sort of intervention (e.g. by Men In Black etc)?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
What kind of researchers, in fact I would be hard pressed to trust any of them. Not joking about that

There is a difference between researchers and those that hang out on the UFO circuit, where you will find Greer and the rest. I have two on my team, Jack Arneson who digs up a lot of stuff on military stuff that goes to UFO's of the Black Ops variety, Russ Hamerly, from Boeing who has his own 'inner circle' of researchers. There are many more around, but you rarely find them in the public eye.

Mostly because it is a waste of time debating endlessly in a forum when ever someone sees something in a youtube video. And when the government does release documents, well they are so blacked out and are usually cases that are harmless. Few people even bother to read them, would rather wait for one of us to find the good ones

Until UFO's effect people on a personal level, there will be no real upswing of interest. Since Roswell fired up the imagination of people, they were all waiting for the soon to come revelation that we have alien visitors. Well its over 50 years and still no show...

And the average Joe or Jane could care less about black ops craft other than a passing interest.

As to the UFO circuit crowd... well most of them started out with a good story and good intentions... but they all caught the "UFO Disease" That is when you start making up stuff so that your fickle audience can hear something new from you, instead of the same old story... They all catch it eventually, or fade into anonymity

Re the MIB factor... yeah there is that... I know many people will not visit a .mil site in a link because they are afraid someone will come and get them. Just need to look around ATS at some posts about how the PTB is monitoring everything, and if you stick your nose into it, sooner or later there will be a knock at the door.

I already had one such 'visit' It went well though...
edit on 5-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join