It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 reasons to throw out your microwave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I think I will give the Egg experiment a miss, but thank you for recommending it.

Maybe you can record the results and post on here.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Thanks for the reply.

The major problem with microwaves are if the seals deteriorate or the metal casing fatigues. There have been problems of radiation leakage in the past due to these problems. Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

My microwave says it was manufactured in 2000, but I don't know how long it was sitting on a shelf, it came with my apartment.

I have had it about 3 years, I will put up those pictures tonight if anyone is still interested.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
can we see some scientific sources?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Harmful or not I gave up the microwave 5+ years ago and haven't looked back since.

Yes, it takes longer for your food to cook, but everything tastes better. The texture/temp stays consistent, I don't eat plastic, and any residual whatevers are avoided when using the stove and/or oven.

I think people are way too dependent on convenience. They neglect their ability to plan ahead and be resourceful, relying on corporations to fufill most of their basic needs. To me, this artificial existence cannot sustain itself. Those who choose to be dependent will have no recourse if we fall onto harder times.

edit on 29-5-2011 by donatellanator because: typos

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have not used a microwave oven for 10 years and at least 75% of my food intake is not processed but whole natural foods. I believe that I am healthier because I do these things.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Cobaltic1978 you're doing a good public service by sharing this info and I wish more people would read it, and take it as serious as it is. Many people are clueless as to how the warming of foods via microwave was stumbled upon, a warning itself.

Many years ago one of my less IQ gifted drinking buddies was excited to show me a microwave oven he picked up as a freebie curbside find. It appeared the unit may have tumbled face-first from a counter, nothing Frankenstein looking really, but it was obvious the 'safety seal' was quite compromised.

I tried to explain to him the danger of using the machine and he didn't want to hear about it. Blew my mind. I never went back to that apartment again.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I have not used a microwave oven for 10 years and at least 75% of my food intake is not processed but whole natural foods. I believe that I am healthier because I do these things.

Awesome!!! Good for you. Looking around on ATS we find lots of good info warning of the perils of the typical modern diet. Simply horrible. Fast foods, processed foods, chemicals, preservatives, ingredients that kills lab animals, ingredients that will do who knows what 20 years from now. Tastes great, all that crap does. Cheap, too. Immediate gratification. No thought required. No work involved. As long as one has no self-respect for their body, does not mind resembling a farm animal in size and feeling like ecch all the time. And I doubt it adds years to the life span.

I just recently started back on The Road to Wellville, and I'm so happy I finally got my head in the right place. Finally got sick and tired...of being sick and tired. Can't take it any more.

Long ago I ate well, only fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, rice, beans, nuts. Water and juice. I was thin as a rail, my clothes looked great on me, I felt awesome. Looking forward to getting that back. Strangely enough, one of the things that finally made me change my attitude was a comment Brian, the dog on Family Guy, said in an episode the other night about a "white trash diet". Leave it to a talking dog to give you a new perspective on life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join