It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Men Risen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi all, I've been working late this week (in UK) and I caught a quick glimpse of a news article during my break. A first edition book called "Dead Men Risen" has been bought by the MOD for a record breaking £150,000...does anybody else find this highly suspicious and think we should have heard alot more about this book...

www.guardian.co.uk...

MoD pays £150,000 to have military title pulped on security grounds

Belated decision to destroy 24,000 copies of Toby Harnden's Dead Men Risen after approval for publication withdrawn
The Ministry of Defence has paid publisher Quercus over £150,000 to pulp the entire first print run of a military title on security grounds.

Having been passed by an earlier MoD review, Dead Men Risen: the Welsh Guards and the Real Story of Britain's War in Afghanistan, by Toby Harnden, US editor at the Daily Telegraph, was due for publication on 1 March.

But all 24,000 copies are now being pulped under the supervision of military officials after it was belatedly decided that the book contained classified information which, the ministry deemed "could damage national security and put at risk the lives of members of the Armed Forces." The MoD paid Quercus £151,450 to destroy the freshly printed volumes.

STARTING A NEW THREAD:
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on July 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

The article says it all, there is information that will possibly endanger their troops on the front line, but that may be stretching the truth a bit in my opinion. Maybe it had leaked information concerning something else, I guess we just won't find out.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Very suspicious, something the MoD don't want us to know? Buying out the truth as always. Will have to look into this more i think if thats possible...
edit on 4-3-2011 by Revoloptix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

This is brazen Soviet style behavior by MOD. Ofcourse, our own military did the same thing not long ago. The twin poodle Nations.

This is plain and simple cover-up of observations of the military's incompetence. They don't want any politicans and citizens knowing how pitiful they are in this "war." The rules of engagement for the US military are responsible for killing our soldiers and I am sure the same is true for Britian. They don't want to be accused of being mean to Muslims while fighting a war with Muslims. They should not be involved with these wars unless they plan to win them and have an exit strategy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I call zombie coverup.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just found another link:

news.sky.com... lpos=Politics_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15945346_Ministry_Of_Defence_Waste_Claim%3A_More_Than_%3F150%2C000_Spent_Of_Destroying_Co pies_Of_Book

As the gentlemen says in the quote, its paid for out of tax payers money too but do we get a choice wether this was necessary...no....nice! But sadly we are used to it now, I guess thats the problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Seems a very suspicious move on the MOD's part. Strange that the article says books dealing with military topics are always checked because of operational security. Makes you wonder whether someone within the MOD was trying to put this information in the public domain?.. And yes, another example of tax payers money being put to questionable use! We're used to it this side of the water too!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nice find

So can we get some copy or extracts from the book ?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Man, why can't they make PDF's? That would go a long way to getting info out - if that was what was being attempted.

Make PDF's and post on the web. Email them. Whatever!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You would have to think their still be a copy somewhere in the world surely. It does make you wonder how much gets hidden or bought from us without us realising!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Was the money simply to purchase the books,or also to silence the author!

If not,then i wonder how much that cost!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Man, why can't they make PDF's? That would go a long way to getting info out - if that was what was being attempted.

Authors need money too, not gonna sit for hours a day, weeks at a time writing a book only to put it on the internet for free.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Authors need money too, not gonna sit for hours a day, weeks at a time writing a book only to put it on the internet for free.

Well... You may note MY book is here on ATS free. Check my sig. The point, however, is that IF the reason it was out there was to disseminate info (and not make money per se), the PDF option would be the best way to go.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Out of interest did anyone out their here anymore of this? I still find the whole situation a little suspicious and can't help but think someone like Anon. or 4Chan would love to have a reason to use it to their advantage!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
you'd think they'd just give him the Captain Morgan and save a bundle... What? Free Masons actually honor their oaths now?

Can't kill a brother, must rob the Goyim now... nice to be the back up plan, ain't it all you sub human citizens?...

top topics

join