It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual symbolism in new military patch?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't have any opinions about this one way or the other...it is important to remember that "dark" symbolism does not necessarily represent sinister intent -- see everything from from sports logos to pop-music imagery. So we should not be quick to jump to conclusions. Even so, the symbolism used in the patch is eye-catching, especially given the apocalyptic tenor of the times. In some ways it brings to mind other recent speculations and allegations.

Beyond all that, there are lots of unusual details -- the figure appeared to me at first glance to be holding a Vajra, which is an implement used in esoteric Hindu and Buddhist rites, for example. Not something one would expect to see in that context offhand. Or is it just a wrench?

I'd be interested to know what the members of ATS think.

Source for the images below: Our friends at Cryptogon

The first image is the mission patch in question, related to an NRO satellite launch in January 2011. The second image was included for comparison by the source cited above.

edit on 3/4/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
wow..altho there are allot of wierd patches that make no sense the first one definately looks like a comet heading toward the earth and the mothman/devilish winged thing is very weird..good find

s&f

link   
Interesting insignias!
What caught my eye was the lettering in the shadowed part of the earth (Arctic Circle?)
Any ideas as to those, or the translations of the Latin phrases?
Edit: Primoris gravus ex occasus means roughly "First Heavy of the West". melior diabolus quem scies translates to "The Devil you Know".... Speculation?
edit on 4-3-2011 by StripedBandit because: to add

link   
does the demon symbol mean that the US Army will eventually start serving the antichrist and his one world nation?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Creepy...oh and who's betty? lol

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
replaced the bald eagle with some flaming bird of death??? looks like a symbol from hell!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

Maybe I missed something, but I can't see any comet in the first insignia.

Although for a God fearing nation there is certainly a lot of satan symbolism going on!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

the badge says "leaders of a grave from the settings" in latin according to google translate altho im sure its slighty inaccurate

link   
whats with the trident, and that spanner... they'v replaced chizzels with modern working tool

link   
Thanks for the replies so far.

Looking closely at the first patch, check out the grey splotch partially obscuring the earth, which may be a comet as one poster suggested, or something else...it strikes me as meancingly brain-like, somehow...anyway, I just this second noticed that there are LETTERS in it. Can anyone make them out?
edit on 3/4/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I guess i saw the large grey ball as a large comet it close to earth as appose to a huge chunk missing now i see it the other way..just my perspective i guess

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well now, that is interesting. This is for a satellite mission, you say?

Is that the moon in front of the earth in the background? Any idea what the letters on the moon signify? I can make out SLS and RDG, but can't really tell the others for certain. And who is Betty?

Think I'll look into the latin as well, as I'm not familiar with all of the words. Unless someone can provide a translation...

ETA: Someone else beat me to it. Didn't consider that it may be a comet in front of the earth, thought it was the moon myself. I still wonder about the letters, though.
edit on 4-3-2011 by VariableConstant because: new posts

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

It looks also like in the letter above the trident there is a shape that looks a lot like the very large lifting rockets used to launch the last NRO satellite, and there's a star at the tip of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
could the grey thing be a huge mother ship invasion? special alien forces group...
it looks like something thats been done by some kids... i am very intrigued to know what it could mean..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I noticed that to!

I see:

AL.
4SLS1
RDG
NROV

???????

To me the Grey planet looks like the dark side of the moon.
edit on 4-3-2011 by IAMSEEKER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMSEEKER

If you look closely you can see it is shadowed clouds; check out the divider, the clouds fit the same pattern as the "comet or moon". Pretty sure its a shadow on the Earth. Check out the position of the sun. Its not the moon, or a comet.
edit on 4-3-2011 by StripedBandit because: to add

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Getting lots of diffrent translations but here's what I believe it says:

Primoris gravus ex occasus = First Sick Out Of Sunset
melior diabolus quem scies = better the devil whom knowledge

...which sounds worrying because it would fit the picture too! lol
edit on 4-3-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
look, people....

these stupid patches are the creation of overgrown 13 year-olds. They try to create the baddest, scariest, most "cool" and "awesome" patch, because they are competing with their other stupid federal employee friends in other departments and divisions.

the patches mean NOTHING. Nothing, of course, than those guys seeing how "bad" of a work team patch that they can use to impress their girlfriends.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You all failed, to do your research.

Delta IV Heavy launches on debut West Coast launch with NRO L-49
January 20th, 2011 by William Graham

The United Launch Alliance (ULA) Delta IV Heavy has made its first launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base on Thursday. The rocket, launched on schedule from Vandenberg Air Force Base, lifting off at 21:10 UTC, en route to placing a classified payload – L-49 – into orbit for the US National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).

Delta IV-H Launch Overview:

The Delta IV which launched is Delta 352, which appears to have been named “Betty” by its launch crews.

The truth is here

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

it still doesn't translate "Primoris gravus ex occasus = First Sick Out Of Sunset"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join