It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger Calls Dems 'Girlie Men'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Girly Men. Too funny!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Excuse me for doing this - but now that we've moved to a second page, no doubt many people will not read the first (hmm....just going on a hunch), in which I posted a question I'd like answered....

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by Nerdling
He is the Governor of California and should act in a professional manner.

Give a good example of such a "professional"....I'd like to see a governor of any State in the US who can fullfil the role of acting in a "professional manner" - I think there's enough media-buzz to distort Mickey Mouse these days into a crack-smoking junkie....

I'd just like one good example of a living person that meets your qualifications....I'm not making the statement that I can personally make him/her out as on the same level or worse than Arnold....but I'm sure someone can

df1

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I'd just like one good example of a living person that meets your qualifications...

Congressman Ron Paul from the 14th congressional district of texas...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
People need to get a sense of humour and a life. The reference of the old SNL skit should not be at the top of anyones outrage list with all the bad stuff going on in the world. Pick something like the thousands of people getting killed in Afirca to get pissed about.

Plus they were girlie-man

df1

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
People need to get a sense of humour and a life. The reference of the old SNL skit should not be at the top of anyones outrage list with all the bad stuff going on in the world. Pick something like the thousands of people getting killed in Afirca to get pissed about.

Plus they were girlie-man

I do hope you were as equally as amused by Whoopi mocking bush for waving at stevie wonder. The republicans didnt find that funny at all. Double standard it seems.

Now this is funny, but Arnold doesn't think so. He is threatening to sue an Ohio company that is selling a bobblehead doll. Come on Arnold, where is your sense of humor?

[edit on 19-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I do hope you were as equally as amused by Whoopi mocking bush for waving at stevie wonder. The republicans didnt find that funny at all. Double standard it seems.

Now this is funny, but Arnold doesn't think so. He is threatening to sue an Ohio company that is selling a bobblehead doll. Come on Arnold, where is your sense of humor?

I couldnt care less about Whoppis remarkes either there is better things to worry then what she or arnold said.

As for the bobble head thing that company is making money off Arnolds image I would sue them too. People making money off you without paying up is not a laughing matter

df1

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
As for the bobble head thing that company is making money off Arnolds image I would sue them too. People making money off you without paying up is not a laughing matter

The company also offers a variety of other public figure dolls, but Arnold is the only one threatening law suit. Its no different than an amusing caricature in a political cartoon, the cartoonist makes money off selling the cartoons to newspapers, this company makes money by selling the doll to the public. Arnold should suck it up and stop his own girlie man whining. It goes with the territory.

Did you here the one about the village in texas missing its idiot?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Df1 you should find better things to worry about then whos sueing who over what bobblehead doll. Or what some has been like whoopi says If Arnold wants to sue some company thats his right as a american Heck I could sue that company for making dolls that offend my Kids it does not mean Im going to win the case but its my and anyones right to sue.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Did he say something wrong ??
Govenor Schwarzenegger has a keen eye for the truth I see...

The democrats are the inventors of the double standard, Open your eyes.
Look at todays democratic party, two faced, flip flopping, story telling fools.

I am a recovering Democrat, therefore I'm unbias.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thats what he said

''If they don't have the guts to come up here in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you, I want to represent those special interests, the unions, the trial lawyers ... if they don't have the guts, I call them girlie men,'' Schwarzenegger said to the cheering crowd at a mall food court in Ontario.

Heres a recent AOL poll on the topic not perfect info but it gives you a rough ideal on how people fell about it

Did Schwarzenegger go too far with his 'girlie men' comment?

No 70%
Yes 27%
I Don't Know 3%
Total Votes: 444,165
Note on Poll Results

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's a shame that the world has lost its' sense of humor and now all everyone worries about is PCBS! I think both jokes were funny! So what, if the Dems were called a name. The same goes for Bush, big deal. Just because the guy is a Governer doesn't mean he can't crack a joke now and then. What a load of crap. I agree, they are Girly Men. If they cant take the heat then they should get out of the kitchen! They should quit being so stuck up.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's all going to unfold like that movie Demolition Man....don't they make some reference to Arnold being president in there? Maybe he was watching that movie one night, wondering how Sly got the role instead of him and heard that line...got inspired - lol

I think for all the steroids he did and all the lame B movies Arnold made, he still has plenty of slack on his reputation line he's thrown out to the political sea.....what does he have to gain from being rude? Nothing....What does he have to loose? Nothing

Finally a group of famous people (Arnold, Whoopi, Bill Cosby, Michael Moore, etc...) have the balls to say the truth, and to do it with more taste than Jerry Falwell and all people can do is lambast them with threats and slander......Arnold, Whoopi, Bill Cosby, Michael Moore and others who make these stands don't have their reputations on the line....those have already been cast in gold by their fans (look at Michael Jackson for Christ sake!)....all they have now is money to support their jabboring mouths - so let them spend it and influence those that wish to be influenced....sheep are always looking for a herder - sometimes the herder's a little lonely and sometimes the herder is frigid (that's a joke)

I think they all have their drawbacks, just like anyone else - but they're allowed to say what they say and do what they do and a lot of it makes sense....all you got to do is put the filter on the things you don't want to hear - be it Arnold calling names or Whoopi making whoopi - in the end, who really cares when dust all clears and the radioactive chemicals lift?!
(that's a joke too)

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They've updated this story at cnn.com thought I would post it here for further discussion.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Democrats aren't amused by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's use of the mocking term "girlie men" to describe some lawmakers, although a spokesman for the governor said no apology would be forthcoming.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
although a spokesman for the governor said no apology would be forthcoming.

Why should they appologize? It's like asking a group of basketball fans to stop making noises to disorient and distract the opposing teams free-throw shooter....they have no reason to appologize - I'd rather see Bush appologize for comparing Kerry to Hitler - What about the mud that gets thrown in these election races....

I say go pile the sh*t in the compost mound....at least it's good for something there

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Swarzenegger calls democrats girlie men and refuses to apologize.

I'm not a huge fan of Swarzenegger and I don't find him funny. I think he should be ashamed of himself for his childish behavior.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Banshee]

What do you expect from a bad aging actor who embraces fascism?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
These were harmless jokes. If you don�t think they�re funny, too bad for you. Maybe and hopefully for you, you could find something to laugh about somewhere else...
However, when a President makes jokes about nukes on their way to Russia like Ronnie did... I think that was funny too, but it had a potential to cause far much trouble and was a dangerous joke.

I would love to see Arnold blow up his car (VW 1300 "bubble"), good one df1...

I heard someone say that Arnold was dubbed in his first film ("Chrom...")...

[edit on 2004/7/19 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

A state executive should know at a minimum something about budget/finance and public policy. And in california knowledge about natural disasters and emergency services would certainly be a big plus.

Which what, takes 3 PhD's to understand?

Based on your ideal, somebody with just a few years real world experience in California could figure it out.

df1

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

Based on your ideal, somebody with just a few years real world experience in California could figure it out.

Your assessment is somewhat naive, however you can not even show me that that the steroid freak has even a few years of real world experience at managing even a small village, let alone a large states government. What you are suggesting is that after few years of on the job training that a person of reasonable intelligence could learn to run a state government. However you fail to consider the amount damage to the lives millions of people he can do while learning to do the job. You also assume that Arnold is of reasonable intelligence which isn't likely after years of steroid use.

"In Washington, Arnold Schwarzenegger met with Vice President Dick Cheney. So, the Terminator met the Defibrillator. The difference between Schwarzenegger and Cheney is that when Cheney grabs a chest, it's his own." �Jay Leno

Are the "girly man" republicans still laughing?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
You also assume that Arnold is of reasonable intelligence which isn't likely after years of steroid use.

The mental effects of steroid usage last only during the duration of their time in the blood system and sometimes a little longer for those who lapse into depression once realizing their "normal" strengths....Sterois has not been sceintifically proven to permanently alter a persons ability to problem-solve or to confront dfficult situations once cured from their addiction, which Arnold is....

Your arguement, df1, is one-sided - you think Arnold is stupid b/c of his years of steroid abuse and his appearence in the film industry....

Maybe someone here can flesh out the details a little more on this, but Arnold did not squander his tournament winnings - he invested them, he went to college, he was a millionare before he even went into the film industry based off his amazing understandings of our investment opportunites - all this he did with a less than adaquette understanding of English and with a primary goal of winning muscle competitions, not becoming govenor of California...

I think seeing as how he is not native to this country, it only further hows his great pride in this country to take office - to counter his use of steroids and to enlighten those who need motivation, he created an exercise program that has become very successful and is at least doing something more about obesity in America than filing suit against Nabesco....

I think your arguement is unfounded and is purely conjectural - until you can offer proof as to why you think Arnold's comment to the democrats (a party which I belong to) was based off of his own ignorance and stupdity and that he is not fit for the job, I'd like to see more proof than more simple name-calling

EDIT: *high fives ShadowXIX* Looks like we had the same idea here....df1 didn't do his homework on that last post

[edit on 7/19/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

Your assessment is somewhat naive, however you can not even show me that that the steroid freak has even a few years of real world experience at managing even a small village, let alone a large states government. What you are suggesting is that after few years of on the job training that a person of reasonable intelligence could learn to run a state government. However you fail to consider the amount damage to the lives millions of people he can do while learning to do the job. You also assume that Arnold is of reasonable intelligence which isn't likely after years of steroid use.

Are the "girly man" republicans still laughing?

Do you even know what the side effects of steroid use are?Heres some info on the side effects of steroid use you can show me were intelligence is effected.

steroid
side effects

The only Psychological Effects are associated with masculine behavior, aggressiveness and increased sexual desire I.E roid rage but these effects only happen while you are using them not years after you have used them

Try to learn something before you spout off about steroids effecting intelligence many people are prescribed steroids for medical reasons to try to say that their intelligenced is effected is just ignorant

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join