It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacked Indian workers burn factory boss in his car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Sacked Indian workers burn factory boss in his car

www.guardian.co.uk

Indian police have detained two people after an angry mob of sacked workers burned to death a senior executive of a steel factory, an official said.

After learning they had been laid off, about a dozen workers attacked a vehicle carrying Radhey Shyam Roy as he was leaving the factory in eastern Orissa state on Thursday, dousing the Jeep with petrol and setting it on fire, said police superintendent Ajay Kumar Sarangi.

Two other people in the vehicle were allowed to flee but Roy, 59, was trapped inside and later died of severe burns, Sarangi said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Eesh...

While I am never one to advocate violence or killing, I wonder if this is a case of karmic payback and retribution coming full circle?

Often times these greedy CEO's and execs victimize the many underneath them and trample over the backs of the plebians to further stuff their already bloated coffers, not realizing the suffering and virtual starvation their decisions create.

Again, I don't condone what happened here, especially such a BRUTAL and barbaric killing, but when I see the way this modern world is headed---Where the very few keep taking more and more from the very many---I can not say I am surprised to see retributions being carried out by an angry, struggling populace.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hence the term Wild Indian

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's not karma.

It's primitive minds.

Karma is such a BS concept.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Already a thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There you have it. Democracy in its purist form.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ouch that is going to leave a mark....

Yeah I don't condone it either but I suspect we will be seeing more of this around the world especially in the 3rd world. It is probably only a matter of time before we see it in the western world too.
edit on 4-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
There you have it. Democracy in its purist form.

You said a mouthful there! Can't argue with brutal honesty there. The majority hath spoken in that scenario!

edit on 4-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Hence the term Wild Indian

So you are suggesting that Indian people are the only ones in the world who would ever do something like this? Give me a break.

What they did was awful, but to suggest that Indian people are wild... or to try and glorify a statement that is.... incorrect at the best, and flat out prejudice at the worst.... Is just wrong and silly.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What a hellhole india is.They use one body of water to drink from, bath in,everything.There are vultures everywhere

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I hope they realize they almost certainly killed the wrong man. Instead of going after the man really responsible for their predicament, they kill the messenger. Almost surely the factory boss received his orders from someone else. It's just too bad they were so misguided as to their oppressor.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why are they upset?My credit card companies hire nobody but indians,there are plenty of jobs.Tell them to call aol,hp ,or most other big american companies who were allowed to subcontact phone call centers to india.Any decent president would put a stop to indians stealing american jobs.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I wish I could feel sorry for the guy, but I dont.

Human beings are always weighing cost/benefit, and as long as the benefit of being inhumane to your workers, to the masses, out weighs the cost, people will be inhumane to the weak, the poor, and the helpless.

Only when the cost goes up, do the elite make different choices.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And this is why our troops and police are being trained to deal with 'urban unrest'

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Why are they upset?My credit card companies hire nobody but indians,there are plenty of jobs.Tell them to call aol,hp ,or most other big american companies who were allowed to subcontact phone call centers to india.Any decent president would put a stop to indians stealing american jobs.

Stealing american jobs? Really? American companies CHOOSE to outsource to save bucks. If you have an issue, blame the companies cutting corners, not the workers who take what jobs are available.

What a naive statement....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
And ? Thats the norm for india.. Wouldve been newsworthy if the workers didnt do anything..
Never could figure out why westerners think india could be a superpower when it still clings to an outdated caste system.. poverty is rampant.. cleanliness and personal hygiene are nearly non-existant.. violence is rampant - the article posted is mild compared to alot of what happens there...
Violence solves nothing and never will..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don’t know this man, or the people who killed him. But I can extrapolate a few things from this story. As in most places people work. Everyone knows who the good and bad management are. And are willing to tolerate a bit more from a manager they like. I find it interesting that these people allowed others to flee, and focused their wrath on this one man. And I would say there are two reasons for this. One, he was as close to the top as they could get to send their message. And two, he was most likely abusive. I’m not justifying their actions, but when you start taking food out of the mouths of a mans wife and kids, look out. He’s going to come for you.

Incidents of industrial violence are common in India, where workers often target executives in cases of wage disputes and job losses.

I just don’t buy that these people are a pack of ravenous wolves. It sounds more like they’ve been pushed into a corner. And now we’re supposed to feel sorry for the ones who pushed them there? I don’t think so. Nevertheless, it is true this man had a boss too. But when people are angry, they will take the highest in the food chain they can get. Especially if he's a jerk anyway.

And whoever said violence never solves anything. There is a proper time and place for violence. But this wasn’t one of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

That's quite a load you're pushing.

Are you one of those that think a woman raped and strangled in an alley is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker ended up dead with bullets in him?

edit on 5-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: speeling

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

That's quite a load you're pushing.

Are you one of those that think a woman raped and strangled in an alley is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker ended up dead with bullets in him?

edit on 5-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: speeling

Rather than waste time with the theoretical situation which you post.. Will use the incident from the article posted by the op to further explain..
1. They lost jobs - it happens to everyone at some point in their lifetime (especially in todays world). Normal people go out and look for / get new jobs to provide for their families not go out and murder their former employer.
2. By choosing to go murder their former employer they
A. Failed to think of the consequences of their actions.
B. Failed their families and will not be able to support them at all now as they will be imprisoned and most likely executed. Leaving their wives and children with no support.
3. The former employer - now dead at their hands will not be able to provide support for his wife and children..
Thus the use of violence solves nothing - never has never will.
Nobody won - the state has to pay for incarcerating / executing the murderers..
The families of the murderers and the victims both lost husbands , fathers and support because they did not think about the consequences of their actions upon themselves, their families, their victim and the victims family.. NOTHING was solved only more misery added to the world...
Apologies DD for the sidetrack to clarify reply on thread..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

We dropped two nukes onto Japan... wiped out all life including little furry critters. Seems the War stopped after that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join