It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice a few weeks back, the moon being in an odd part of the sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I seem to remember watching 'The Sky at Night' with sir Patrick Moore not too long ago who was mentioning Moonispheres, and even how they are made reversed for the observer. Even he commented how it was odd that the creator designed these things for the naked eye amateur observer yet here we are with people watching the Moon with planetariums, Meade Telescopes who can't even discern Lunar Features because those who made the maps miscalculated Magnitude and overcompensated for it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

agree it would be nice to have a thread with likeminded people where we dont need to defend every single issue and can start connecting some dots.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes, actually - A few weeks ago I was on a Greyhound bus between London, Ontario and Toronto. I noticed what I at first thought to be a UFO, but later realized was the moon. It was incredibly low on the horizon for the time of night (about 8:30pm) and shockingly orange, and very bright. I snapped pictures of it on my cell phone but lost my USB cable to transfer them to the computer, damn the luck. I noticed everyone else on the bus all looking out the window to stare at it as well, with one or two others snapping pictures too - I guess I wasn't the only one to take notice of how strange it seemed. This was on the night of January 21st, so maybe a little farther back than OP was expecting, but I thought relevant to share my experience anyways.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I haven't noticed the moon being in an odd position in the sky. I did see a cow jump over it once though.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
That was a completely useful post. ^^^

I do believe it to just be a few weeks back though. Time is very difficult for me to judge but I don't think it was way back in Jan.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There was a solar flare up that was some how creating magnetic disturbances in the atmosphere during the last full moon.. There were much brighter Northern Lights that were visible much further to the south than they normally would be and the moon was much brighter as well... There was a thread about here at the time it was going on and one person I believe in Arkansas described the brightness of the moon as being "blinding"... There was heavy cloud cover here in East Texas and periodically the moon was unobstructed and it was very bright... The whole sky to the horizon in every direction was illuminated with a bright glow...I have spent the night out and about for a great part of my life and have seen the sky look the same way but it is a rare occurrence.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Altered tom I too am very concerned about the moon. Around the time of the solar flare I saw the moon in some very odd places and having an odd appearance. i have spoke with several people who know more about it than me and no one seems to have an answer. Even now the moon is not in the right place it seems to me. But a few weeks ago i saw it in really strange p[laces in the sky at the same time each night but differing in its location. I am in Florida and at 8pm it was over my house. Then the next night at 8 pm it was in the east almost on the horizon. I think the earth has wobbled or moved but im not sure. i would like to know if anyone else has noticed this.

edit on 7-3-2011 by xfilerdiane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xfilerdiane

I'm not an astrophysicist but I'm very universal as an individual. I would really like to know what is going on. It would be easier if I received help from others. If I have to, I'll teach myself the science to find out what is going on. If you look at my video, the moon being in an odd part of the sky is just the iceberg of what I'm concerned about. IF what I recorded is in fact the moon, then we have something else going on here as well. If you look at the video, the body that I am filming, is not a steady, solid object. It is shifting.
From what I can see, when the video starts, it is in a teardrop shape. (odd for a spherical object but obviously moon phases can explain this to an extent.) For the VERY FEW seconds I am recording, it changes it shape. If it was a video of a air/space craft, I would think that it changed the shape of the airfoil/airframe. The problem is, I don't know what I filmed!!! Who knows if what I am told, what you are told, what the general public is told about our world, galaxy, universe, is what is really there. If everything we were told, was the absolute, undeniable truth, we would not be enjoying this amazing website known as ATS.

Obviously, I started to rant a bit right there. I'm not sorry. This is my thread hosted on a public forum so I believe I am in my rights to voice an opinion... lol!

Please! Analyze this video and speak your opinion. I doubt we have a lot of time left to figure out what is up.

edit on 7-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: Added some clown inspiration!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xfilerdiane

I am in Florida and at 8pm it was over my house. Then the next night at 8 pm it was in the east almost on the horizon. I think the earth has wobbled or moved but im not sure. i would like to know if anyone else has noticed this.

If this was at the same time as my view, I am in Michigan and the moon was directly West. Food for thought

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

today july the 4 2011 i look to the sky every idk 10 minutes or so . but all I seen was a little light coming out of the sky and I thought it was Jesus coming outta the sky to take us but I ran out side and discovered it was the moon ND i WAS A BIT FRIGHTENED because of it being in an different spot. I stared at the moon and turned my back for at least 2 mins and the moon had gone down after about 10 minutes or 15 the moon had totally disappeared i really need someone to give me answers i'm not even an adult but is so concerned about what is happening

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It looked fine to me

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

I have satellite tv, and watch the moon at night now and then. It always looks weird...

what does tv service have to do with this?
, but yeah nothings wrong with the Moon, except the fact that it moves away from us every year.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I stare at the sky all the time, and I must say I am often confused about the position of the moon, I walk to the same spot in two days in different times, and its in the same position (example). Its often in weird positions to where I expect it to be, but I guess im miscalculating myself. Oh yea a month back I saw it in daytime.. late like, never ocured I should take a photo?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join