It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hidden Agenda of schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Public schooling = uniform mass blatant programming of the masses starting at an early age, keep the sacred chaos in

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Schools basically programme kids to 'conform or else'. I.e. or else you won't get a job, you won't have any money, you won't be successful, you won't get anything you want (sorry, won't get married!) and won't anywhere in life. I found that the more you try to exercise creative and critical thought, the tougher and more pointless you're going to find school.

Even in Music, the teacher mocked me if I tried to be ambitious and forced me to compose safer songs. I hated school because I'd never really learnt from a young age how to conform, hence I became increasingly demotivated with my subjects and by the end couldn't wait to just get out of there and move onto university. Meanwhile, the kids who conformed the most ended up having an easier time at school but also left with the least personality and social skills. At the same time, outside of school I had a great time and my group of friends really made the most out of it! Ever been to school drunk? Sounds fun, it isn't

What a shame to find out that universities (at least in the UK) act in the same manner, the more critical you are - the lower your grade. Hence, you have to simply answer the question in the manner in which they want you to. You need to have a lot of spirit to retain your creativity and also succeed on your course!

This videos brilliant, an academic lecture on the topic with a wonderfully animated video to go along with it:

Edit: A decent education is a basic human right for lack of education is literally the highest form of slavery. I don't think its fair that a lot of people don't have the right to a decent education (i.e. state schools) just because their parents can't afford a decent education! I mean yeah, that's capitalism but governments really need to reprioritise the way in which they spend the taxpayer's money; state schools don't have to be rubbish, they could at least be ok.. just ask Bill Hicks!

edit on 7-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join