It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacksonville mayor attacks reporter for asking questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

FCN Investigates: Still No Answers as Jacksonville Mayor John Peyton Questioned about Workers' Compensation Probe

www.firstcoastnews.com...

You have to watch the video in the link. He gets very rude and defensive at about 8:00, attacking the reporter for tabloid journalism for asking him questions in a parking lot after he consistently refused any interviews before. This guy is definitely hiding something. How disgusting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What a complete jerk. Jacksonville, try again.

I know politicians can't give straight answers, but they usually sound nice and pleasant. He just sounds like whiny little #.

He may be hiding something, but I don't think he even knows what he's talking about and turns all the questions into an attack on the interviewer.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I lived in Jacksonville, Fl for a few years and they have one corrupt system of government. The city is pretty much a police state, especially if you are a minority but that doesn't seem to do much to prevent violent crimes. I am sure corruption runs deep within the city.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I was looking over the comments and it was so easy to spot the shills. Here is a man who did the "attack the messenger" fancy (or not so) footwork, double-talking, and saying nothing... Clearly a douche. And then comments show up praising him for "standing his ground," reiterating the "tabloid" term he used, and claiming a lack of supporting documents for the reporter's claims - as if this douche countered with any numbers at all.

Shilldom runs rampant.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if those positive comments about him holding his ground were made by members of his staff trying to do damage control. In my opinion Jacksonville, Fl is an prime example of what is wrong in America.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was hoping you could show me where in the video the reporter was attacked.

I got a link to a video with a man being questioned by a reporter. He was answering her questions
and doing a great job holding it together. I was waiting and waiting for him to unload on her and call her a bitch
or pimpslap her azz down to the ground but...........nothing.

Either I clicked on the wrong link or you need to change the Headline.

Again,
Please indicate where anyone was attacked physically OR verbally.
The worst I saw was the mayor accused her of irresponsible journalism. OOOOOOhhhh Ahhhhhhh!
Are you serious????
That can't be what I waisted the last 12 min of my life for was it???
Tell me it wasn't!
I await a response.
Tick tock........

Edit to add:
Some ideas for a proper headline.

Mayor accuses reporter of "Irresponsible journalism
or
Mayor answers journalists questions.
or
Journalist confronts Mayor in Parking lot and Mayor appears slightly annoyed

Just a thought.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I was hoping you could show me where in the video the reporter was attacked.

I think calling her "irresponsible," discrediting her with "tabloid" comments, and otherwise suggesting she was unprofessional was an attack.

Well, I guess his behavior was rational to you. [shrug]

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You will of course be able to show me where I said his behavior was rational to me.
I eagerly await your response.

Also, where I come from that wasn't an "Attack".
I can show you pictures of people who HAVE been "Attacked" If you would like.

If you are suggesting a verbal attack I would be more than happy to link you to
video of someone being "Verbally Attacked" so that you will have a reference point.

This was far from a verbal attack.
It was a man who was doing a remarkable job of keeping his cool, at the same time
being a typical politician and dancing around the issue and avoided answering a direct question
but I still am waiting for the link to someone being "Attacked".lol.

If this is what you call an attack you wouldn't last a minuite in my neck of he woods.lol

ohh well, to each his own.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join