It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Florida Mom, Boyfriend Ate Pizza After Fatally Beating Boy, 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This whole damned world has gone crazy! Our greatest resources are our elderly and our children yet these are the very ones who suffer the most abuse.

I have absolutely no faith left in humanity!!

Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A woman and her boyfriend are accused of the beating death of her 3-year-old son after he wet his pants.

Officials say the mother confessed to the attack after being confronted with autopsy results. The woman told deputies she was concerned about her son, but ate pizza and watched a movie with her boyfriend after the Monday night beating.

They ate pizza after killing that baby. For wetting his pants?!! WTF????

edit on 3/4/2011 by TNTarheel because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was horrified when I read this....

I can't even believe that someone would do something like they did.

Appalling.

Some people just shouldn't have children.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Time's have not become more violent, they have simply become more televised.

Remember that.....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What toppings were on the pizza!?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
What toppings were on the pizza!?

death, dishoner, disgrace (with a topping of pain and terror for the little one, of course)

Wow....just wow

edit on 3/4/2011 by TNTarheel because: added content

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I was horrified when I read this....

I can't even believe that someone would do something like they did.

Appalling.

Some people just shouldn't have children.

~Namaste

Oh, how I agree!

I can't wrap my mind around what type of person does this. Can it even be called a person??

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by TNTarheel

Time's have not become more violent, they have simply become more televised.

Remember that.....

I keep telling myself that but I can't make me believe it!!

I'm old and I don't remember hearing about as many children's murders as in the last year or so. Believe me, this would have been 'national' news on TV even back in the 'dark ages'.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i am so mad after reading this
this is just sick
i hope the boyfriend goes to jail an gets the same
an i hope the mom gets even worse

so sad

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyax-
this is just sick

so sad

Mom should be flogged in public before being put into General Population!

But I'm sure she'll have some sort of "mental deficiency" that will allow her to serve a bare minimum for the MURDER of her baby!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Originally posted by Dyax-
this is just sick

so sad

Mom should be flogged in public before being put into General Population!

But I'm sure she'll have some sort of "mental deficiency" that will allow her to serve a bare minimum for the MURDER of her baby!!

Come on people, do we really want to sink ourselves to the low level of these beasts bu doing to them the very thing we are condeming? If we sink to their level surely we are not better than they are?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Come on people, do we really want to sink ourselves to the low level of these beasts bu doing to them the very thing we are condeming? If we sink to their level surely we are not better than they are?

I don't think that is possible! If they were flayed alive with a rusty dull knife, it would be better than they deserve.

I have no sympathy at all for anyone one cold and callous enough to harm a child...let alone murder one.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Originally posted by Shamatt

I don't think that is possible! If they were flayed alive with a rusty dull knife, it would be better than they deserve.

I have no sympathy at all for anyone one cold and callous enough to harm a child...let alone murder one.

You seem to miss my point. I'm saying that to inflict pain and suffering, to murder or maim any human being, weather you feel they deserve it or not, is a horrible crime. It makes you no better than they are. What sort of world do you want to live in? One where we all go out to mug the muggers, rape the rapists, murder the murderers? A world where we all sink to the lowest common denomiator and become a society of thugs? And all this murder and torture in the name of.... well, what exactly? Revenge? Punishment? You might as well go and live in the middle east where they cut of your hand if you steal, or stone you in the town square if you kill. Is that what you want in the west? Or do you see us as being a little more civilised than that?

And lets take a closer look at your problem arround the harming of children.

I agree this is a very emotive subject, as children are weak and can't defend themselves. But this is an emotional trick played on us by our evolutionary need to pass on our genes. In fact the truth of the matter from a hard, cold logical point of view is that they are not all that important to society. It is the grown ups that keep the whheels of our society turning. The adults who grow the food, generate the power, run the buisnesses, keep things running in general. From a societies point of view, better that 1000 children were killed than 1000 men. The children can be replaced, but without the men (And women, I'm not being sexist) who would keep the society going from a productive point of view?

I understand this is a hard thing to get your head arround, especialy when your head is ruled by your emotions and not my pure logic. But the fact remains that the children are the least important part of any society. All the knowlege, the learning, the wisdom, the years of investment by way of education and use of resources lies with the elders. If a society looses an adult whom has been aducated, fed, homed, given watter, power, shelter, and who in return provides prductivity, well his passing represents a huge loss of investment, a loss of production, and also leaves a gap which must then be filled. (And I would add that it is only the adults who are able to reproduce in order to fill that gap - not children) If that society looses a child, whell then it looses only potential. What that child may have become. To quote Morrissey "She could have been a poet, Or she could have been a fool".

So, all in all I can not agree wioth your stance in the slightest.

I don't agree with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" this would turn us all into animals. This would leave us all blind and starving. We should not as a group of so called enlightened human beings be lowering ourselves to the lowest of human behaviour and killing and maming and torturing merely becasue we have an emotional problem with the behavour of others, however bad it seems on an individual basis.

I don't agree that the killing of a child is worse than the killing of anyone else in our society. We are all humans, equal and sacred whether old or young, male or femail. How can it be any worse from a moral point of view to kill one over another? And from the point of view of the society as a whole, well, it seems the adults are that much more valuable.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

My apologies for taking so long to return to the thread. I have been unwell.

When discussing personal values, it’s hard to keep the discourse civil and prevent its descent into finger-pointing and name-calling. Let me apologize in advance if I sound rude or contentious for that is truly not my intent.

Our elderly are our foundation and history (knowledge, wisdom) and our children are our hope and our future (potential, possibility). To devalue either is to devalue ourselves as human beings. Both are necessary for the true development of humans as…humans!

To attack one who is totally dependent upon you, who trusts you without limit, whom you are responsible for protecting and nurturing is reprehensible. The ability to perform that attack without remorse is bestial…the actions of a rabid soul.

Cold, hard logic has its place in the scheme of things…science, business, perhaps politics. However, to use only that to try and solve the quandaries of humanity is to reduce us to automatons. I may lead with my mind, but my emotions temper my decisions. To apply only cold hard logic in deciding the “value” of a human life is, in my opinion, coming perilously close to eugenics.

Perhaps the problem lies within myself: if cold hard logic is the new mantra, moral depravity is the new norm, and no room is left in the human paradigm for compassion toward those weaker than ourselves, then I have lived way beyond my time…and it’s time to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Thank you all for your comments and for allowing me to speak my mind.

edit on 3/8/2011 by TNTarheel because: spelling

edit on 3/8/2011 by TNTarheel because: grammar

edit on 3/8/2011 by TNTarheel because: addendum

new topics

top topics

join