It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the north pole center pics!!!!????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

that's a good photo there friend and thanks for the info it is much appricated
my knowledge is slowly growing im learing so much from the great minds here at ats

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

No Probs,glad I could help.
Peace and light

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by flashcube

It's been quite some time since I researched the subject so I do not remember much, but from my understand the center of the 800 mile thick crust would be the center of gravity, therefore on both sides the water would be "pulled" towards the center therefore holding it in place. You must take into account that it is thought that within the inner earth things would appear as normal as we perceive them on the outer side. To us the oceans lie on the lowest terrestrial plane being "pulled" there by earths gravity just as we hold the moon etc.. From within given basing again on gravity pulling towards the center of the mass since mass = gravity etc, from the inside they would experience the same thing (those waters being pulled towards the center) therefore if you would be on a boat on our side and on a boat on the inside both would be held equally in place being pulled towards the same central mass by gravity.
As why it the explanation of who ever it was that sailed there or something goes if I remember correctly that while flying or sailing (which ever it was, I think someone mentioned it a post back or something) it appeared as they were traveling normally as they came towards the crevice and began to wrap within nothing would change since gravity would still hold true to it's purpose of pulling towards it's central mass. If you were standing on the inside and me on the outside you and I would both be pulled towards the center just like those in china and us here. We do not fall.

I hope that clears up the concept a bit, there is much information on it if willfully sought as I did a bit ago, if I might add at the time I eagerly awaited an expedition which would take part using if I remember a nuclear powered ship or something (it was the only ship capable of pushing through the slush of ice) that would travel there and since compasses show the magnetic poles N/S there would have been an issue using one for direction as why it is said that it is hard to find this opening because the compass would lead you around the hole never taking you directly within because of some anomaly regarding the opening, (theres an explanation somewhere or I think it's something more mundane yet related to what I explained magnetically if someone else would do the honor because I can't remember ^.^) therefore they would use a gyroscope (I think it was) for navigation which would lead them towards it, now if I remember correctly the expedition had turned into a scientist only one and everyones money (5,000$) for their tickets was refunded (yes I thought of going but I am poor so I thought of trying to get on as a worker for the deck or something LOL) after that I think a year later or so last thing I heard it never happened they encountered issues which i'm not truly aware of what they were and I sort of stopped following it. (They did mention that if this expedition did not occur then in their words "You would know who stopped us" but I feel it was something more mundane) edit to space and for some grammar lol sry for the wall of text
edit on 4-3-2011 by f3rm1N because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I dont believe there is a hole in the north pole.
There are plenty of people with the time, money and inclination to find a hole if it were there.
Even Top Gear drove to the north pole...and found nothing but ice, snow, and more ice

There are 3 parts but i wont link them all...just click the link to follow the whole journey
edit on 4-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Seen this many many times. Truly a great episode of top gear. They go to the north pole per gps.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't mean to be a smart@ss or anything, but the OP's pic is exactly how the north pole would look on Jan 6 of any year -- completely dark; opposite of the summer which would be completely illuminated.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
reply to post by gmac10001

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

I have been trying to look for this site to post in this thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There are no sat shots of it because there is nothing there worth shooting I guess? I mean, look at central Greenland.. low res as heck...

I personally would LOVE to see high res 100m sat. runs of the entire earth.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The reason photos of the pole are rare is, as someone stated before because there is a hole in the orbit of satellites at that point
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef5549d75e8e.jpg[/atsimg]
and I assume that its pretty rare for planes to be bothered to fly over it (the other way of getting aerial photos)

The next question here is why is there a hole in the orbit of satellites? They can always cover the whole earth if they want to.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I have most of them, but you are not ready to see what I have seen.

Same here, man all that ice...

Amazing innit.. And yer right, too much ice is bad for people, Good call keeping it secret..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Perhaps, the earth is really flat. A beach ball cannot contain water. But a cup, a bowl or even a saucer would retain water. But I digress. The FE theory has already been discussed via old ATS threads. Yeah, the water should drain into these openings and put out the inner sun.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Really ? you do realize that wonderful logic endorses hideously contradicting physical models , right? or do you only believe in contradiction ?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Ever heard of quantum physics? Lots of contradictions yet to be discovered to debunk these current theories of gravitational forces and such. Yeah, a basin full of water is open on top and so are the skies above the earth, which is but a mere petris dish (or test tube) of bio-diversity and as such provide lots of opportunities for great experiments among lifeforms. Bahahaha!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

I have most of them, but you are not ready to see what I have seen.

Same here, man all that ice...

Amazing innit.. And yer right, too much ice is bad for people, Good call keeping it secret..

Exactly...but if had a distant cousin of even friend of an Eskimo....well then you might be ready for these chilling pictures.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
NASA 2000

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
North Pole NASA MODIS image

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Night Sky Nation

www.nightskynation.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
NASA World Wind

www.google.com...://home.comcast.net/~readingnews/Images/NASA-NorthPole-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ead423079/pg2&usg=__blo3h6KYJFcdjOVKkY7XggW1FFI=&h=496&w=576&sz=73&hl=en&start=184&sig2=KmO5fMfGooRq6nQt3-q0_w&zoom=1&tbnid=2i6Y_pchYE60vM:&tbnh=123&t bnw=153&ei=kd9xTfKMBs61tgeT-fjFCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNorth%2BPole%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US
fficial%26biw%3D1 431%26bih%3D580%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3496&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=311&vpy=220&dur=3635&hovh=208&hovw=242&tx=131&ty=110&oei=MNpxTaiVKYH-8AafmYCVDw&page=9&ndsp= 22&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:184&biw=1431&bih=580

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is a must see - more NASA World Wind

projectavalon.net...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
didn't find any so far but did find this
its not what you were looking for but is pretty awesome

reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Brilliant..... The collection of North Pole images your referred image is from is absolutely brilliant. One of the other "North Pole" images had lots of penguins on the ice....

I have allways wanted to prove that there are penguins at the North Pole, and finally the evidence has arrived!!!

...and by the way, your image looked like it was rendered in a 3D program.

#EDIT:
I am not trying to point my sarcasm at SUICIDEHK45, but to highlight the point that most of those blog's out there are not very credible. They seems to collect images from everywhere without any critical sense. I hope you guys see my point towards the image bloggers out there and not as a criticism of the quoted poster. Thank you.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Skallagrimsson because: Just a clarification.....

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i know there are "openings" at the south pole ( been covered at ATS before ) but doesnt look like there could be any or one at the north pole unless its under the water, at Greenland or nasa photoshop the images

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join