It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the north pole center pics!!!!????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is a photo of the North Pole from May 5, 2000.

Source

A Hollow Earth would be great, yet i doubt it's real.
edit on 4-3-2011 by inthemass because: add

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

While the South Pole lies on a continental land mass, the North Pole is located in the middle of the Arctic Ocean amidst waters that are almost permanently covered with constantly shifting sea ice. This makes it impractical to construct a permanent station at the North Pole.

The sea depth at the North Pole has been measured at 4,261 m (13,980 ft). The nearest land is usually said to be Kaffeklubben Island, off the northern coast of Greenland about 700 km (430 mi) away. The nearest permanently inhabited place is Alert in the Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut, Canada, which is located 817 kilometres (508 mi) from the Pole.

en.wikipedia.org...

I do think there should be more ariel pictures of the North Pole, but the pictures would just be of ice that is drifting about the Arctic Ocean. Plus, the Pole-stick that marks the exact North Pole is always shifting with the ice as it floats on the ocean, so it isn't accurate. If there was a hole at the North Pole wouldn't the water fall in?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Is that "hole" where the satellites view ends on each pass?

+10 more 
link   
How come all of the ocean water doesn't pour down into the hole?

I am open minded but at the same time I am skeptical. And I have pertinent questions that require resolution.

I honestly think the water would pour all into that big hole, and drain the worlds oceans.
What mechanism prevents this from occurring?
edit on 4-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   
When I go to Google earth north pole, I see only water.
Looking at this I would I would think there's no more ice left. While at the south pole you see lots of ice with a cover in the center.

So how come i see only ocean at the northpole, it even moves.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
well that seems to show all is fine there still find it strange that
it is so hard to find pictures i mean surly there would be heaps of photos availble?.

im not coming up with much in way of pictures

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Wasn't there a thread not too long ago about the airlines forcing people to close their windows when flying over the north pole? I'm pretty sure I read that here.......or in WIRED magazine? Not sure I'll start looking.

I wasn't aware you could open the windows Sh... that would be rather a dumb thing to do.
When the Icelandic Volcano went off there was stories about the oxegen masks being lowered. ???

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

that make 100% sence to me too why wouldn't all the water fall in?. so it seem kind od unrealistic but i too am open minded

but i did wonder when looking at south pole why on google earth it is blurred out?. why would there be a need to blur out this part of the earth i mean if the there wasn't anything to hide im not saying the earth is hollow as like posters said before" wouldn't all the water just fall in" but why blur it out thats my question?.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One of the reasons why there aren't many satellite images of polar regions is due to the satellites' orbits. They have limited view of certain areas.

I had to do some research for my job the other day about a certain satellite, LIMA, and found this site, explaining. This is directly referencing the south pole but the information is relevant to both poles.

LIMA covers the entire continent except from the South Pole at 90 degrees south to 82.5 degrees south latitude, where Landsat has no coverage because of its near-polar orbit. To provide a continental view, the image above has LIMA 3, 2, 1 overlaying the MODIS Mosaic of Antarctica (MOA).

Link

I actually had to do some research about LIMA and it brought me to the site. It's pretty cool to play with. You can view the LIMA images from the first link on the right side of the above-linked page. If you view this link, you will see a large black circle in the center, where there are no images, due to LIMA's limitations.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
How come all of the ocean water doesn't pour down into the hole?

I am open minded but at the same time I am skeptical. And I have pertinent questions that require resolution.

I honestly think the water would pour all into that big hole, and drain the worlds oceans.
What mechanism prevents this from occurring?

Magnets keep it out man, magnets!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

im not sure thats my question i don't know alot so im not sure just thought it was strange?.

or is that you answer lol im bit confused?.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

well then i guess that explains why on the link i posted on the fisrt page of this thread
that not satellites fly directly over the north pole if you refer to page one you will see the link that shows the orbits of all the satellites

but why not?. why not orbit directly over north south pole??.
edit on 4-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

On July 23, 2010 a solo aviator, Wayne Maynard, launched from Dallas Executive Airport for a flight to the North Pole. On August 2, 2010, he returned safely to Dallas Executive Airport, New City Terminal, Dallas, TX.

Not a very well designed website but he has a few photos and a blog of his journey.
Photos

His route.
Route

Source

If a hole was there i would imagine he would have witnessed it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I found it. The picture of the North Pole that the Government is fearing. The picture that the hierarchy of every religion wants banned. The reason for not showing the pictures on Google, or any other satellite enabled photo is obvious. Luckily I know people. I have this confidential photo. Look at it now before it is taken down!

The Elves Union #107 is demanding better healthcare, and an increase of 52 candy canes per year. They also demand extra rubber gloves when using the paints to paint those train sets.
The reindeer have upped the anty to 10 pounds of carrots a day, and demanded that christmas eve is going to be in a CBA. They have spoken with Rabbis and want to have 8 nights to cross the globe instead of one night.

And we though what was going on in Libya is bad. Rumors of wrapping paper being burned, and christmas balls being smashed are rampant. Holiday carols are banned. No wonder we can't see photo's!
edit on 4/3/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

centrifugal force could be what keeps the water from all "flowing into" the center. do we know that the water doesn't flow through the center as it does around the planet? hydraulic pressure may provide the answer. as a hydraulic engineer (pump man) i have seen fluids flow in odd directions under pressure.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The reason photos of the pole are rare is, as someone stated before because there is a hole in the orbit of satellites at that point
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef5549d75e8e.jpg[/atsimg]
and I assume that its pretty rare for planes to be bothered to fly over it (the other way of getting aerial photos)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

well i never thought about it like that gives me alot to think about

i might study up on the hollow earth theroies and educate myself more on this subject i guess it could be possible maby?. on the link i provided on the first page has alot of information whether or not it's reliable or not but some food for thought anyway if you want too check it out

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Star for you i was trying to embed that photo but to no avail so thank you for posting that for me

much appricated

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

i'm afraid we are going to have to revoke your thinking cap. This is hollow earth man! you cant come in here with all that logic and physics....think unicorns and fairies buddy!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

centrifugal force could be what keeps the water from all "flowing into" the center. do we know that the water doesn't flow through the center as it does around the planet? hydraulic pressure may provide the answer. as a hydraulic engineer (pump man) i have seen fluids flow in odd directions under pressure.

Newton's Second Law
Newton's Second Law source 2
Centrifugal Force

F = d/dt (mv)

Now, correct me if I am misunderstanding this hypothesis.

But it seems to me, that the rotational constant of the Earth is far too small to account for holding this much weight out of the hole.

The Earth only spins at 1000 miles per hour, roughly.

Wouldn't it have to be spinning far faster than this in proportion to the mass in order to account for such a phenomena?

Also, wouldn't this make the Earth far more elliptical in it's shape as well?

Perhaps I am missing something here. I am open to any clarifications or explanations. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join