It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru - 4th March has arrived!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually in the Article they say they think it's a mirrage but cannot explain how it happened and that it appears to be a variety of mirrage that hasn't been observed before. That does not say it is a mirrage, but that all of the evidence they have at hand suggests that this will be the solution.

For the moment it's an idea rather than a concrete fact. I believe if people could learn to differenciate between these two concepts there would be a significant drop in trolling on this site.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Hey all, I don't believe in Nibiru however maybe we can stop the insults and mudslinging because apparently some of the "two-sun" sightings aren't simply misidentifactions of sun dugs or reflections. Some scientists are perplexed as well as to what is causing this "illusion"

www.space.com...

...one fuzzy and orange, the other a crisp yellow orb – appeared side-by-side, one slightly higher than the other...

..."There must have been some blob of atmosphere somewhere that caused this truly spectacular phenomenon, which in a sense is a mirage."

You should pick your proofs better. That is a perfect description of an optical illusion I've seen many times due to where I live. The general consensus is it's caused by ice crystals acting as lenses in the air. When the Sun is near the horizon it's light passes through more of the ice crystals due to the angle.

I've seen Godrays coming from the wrong side of the sky, a rare double Sun Dog on both sides of the sky at the same time and many other wonderful things, but I understand they are illusions.

One of the posters just above you gave the real issue you need to deal with. If Niburu existed and is where the OP suggests, the Astronomers would know it.

This using Sun Dogs and related phenomena as proof is extremely disingenuous since those have been seen since long before this myth was invented. Imagine what Early Man thought when they saw these things? Has this celestial body been there all along and nobody noticed?

I never thought I'd see a time where people would suddenly pretend a rare, but well know phenomena would be usurped to prove a wild, insane theory about a rogue celestial body that nobody can find or see.

This whole issue became laughing stock when it was first suggested it could only be viewed from the southern hemisphere by an illiterate who does not understand the mechanics of how we orbit the Sun or the motions of the Earth.

Debate is only insults to people who don't want debate and only want to discuss this with people who agree with them. I took it a step further by suggesting the people spreading these falsehoods often know they are falsehoods.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I did read the article which is why I posted it, to provide an possible explanation as to why people all over the world that are seeing this. Maybe you didn't recognize it as information sharing because I provided it without insult hmm? People have been talking about Nibiru for a long time, most of the world not believing it then BAM people all over the world are seeing an illusory "second sun" and they start to wonder if the stories were true because cleary these illusions are not sun-dogs nor lens flares nor any other explanation that's accompanied a slew of insults. There's another explanation we just don't know what is it yet, but it is not people being morons or crazy.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Did you miss the part where I said I don't believe in Nibiru?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A quick question? Why is this in Aliens and UFO's? It's not about either?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Or better yet, why is this not in Hoax?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Did you miss the part where I said I don't believe in Nibiru?

apparently some of the "two-sun" sightings aren't simply misidentifactions of sun dugs or reflections

I keyed on those words. Your right, I apologize. Not for what I said, but for directing it at you. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Better still why is misindentifying something considered a hoax? Another word to accompany UFO, skeptic and contrail I suppose.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Hmmmmm...it appears we have discovered something we can agree upon!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

I'm not sure. Hoax is a purposeful thing. Some do believe this, although I don't know why. Skunk Works is I think the best place.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what is happening in this picture?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

I'm not sure. Hoax is a purposeful thing. Some do believe this, although I don't know why. Skunk Works is I think the best place.

Hoax because it CLEARLY didnt happen?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

yes there's a clear cube placed a an angle on a grid?

edit on 5-3-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No a HOAX may not be intended, one might believe in something and be passing the message on but still, if it is wrong and you are helping to spread the lie it is still a HOAX.
Just because one may think it is/was real, does not mean it actually is.

Let's take good 'ol Blossom Goodchild as an example, she supposedly believed the crap she was spouting, it still turned out a HOAX and yet she still bangs on about it.

edit on 5-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by boncho

I believe if people could learn to differenciate between these two concepts there would be a significant drop in trolling on this site.

If people stopped posting threads like "Nibiru - 4th March has arrived!" then there would be less trolling on this site.

link   
reply to post by Versa

Lol, yes I was kinda hoping you would see what was happening to the grid through the clear stone!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sundog

Very bright sundogs in Fargo, North Dakota. Note the halo arcs passing through each sundog.A sun dog or sundog (scientific name parhelion, plural parhelia, from Greek parēlion, (παρήλιον), παρά(beside) + ήλιος(sun), "beside the sun"; also called a mock sun or a phantom sun) is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun.[1]

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

Formation and characteristics

Sundogs are made commonly of plate-shaped hexagonal ice crystals in high and cold cirrus clouds or, during very cold weather, by ice crystals called diamond dust drifting in the air at low levels. These crystals act as prisms, bending the light rays passing through them with a minimum deflection of 22°. If the crystals are randomly oriented, a complete ring around the sun is seen — a halo. But often, as the crystals sink through the air they become vertically aligned, so sunlight is refracted horizontally — in this case, sundogs are seen.

As the sun rises higher, the rays passing through the crystals are increasingly skewed from the horizontal plane. Their angle of deviation increases and the sundogs move further from the sun.[2] However, they always stay at the same elevation as the sun.

Sundogs are red-colored at the side nearest the sun. Farther out the colors grade through oranges to blue. However, the colors overlap considerably and so are muted, never pure or saturated. The colors of the sundog finally merge into the white of the parhelic circle (if the latter is visible).

It is theoretically possible to predict the forms of sundogs as would be seen on other planets and moons. Mars might have sundogs formed by both water-ice and CO2-ice. On the giant gas planets — Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune — other crystals form the clouds of ammonia, methane, and other substances that can produce halos with four or more sundogs.

The wikipedia definition of a sundog, which does not exist, is the absolute pinaccle of stupidity and make-believe science the world has grown accustomed to believing as factual when in reality they preach science fiction to everyone.

They like to mock people as dellusional amateurs when these satanic "atheists" either don't have the slightest clue what they are talking about or they know full well and play us like a used guitar so they can depopulate the world up to what the georgia guidestones say...or something close to that!

Why do the georgia guidestones exist and why are so many scientists atheists? Why do they hate religion, why do they hate humanity?, why do they want to commit genocide by the trillions by not warning people of the dangers involved with nemesis?, why do they not tell us about planet x/nibiru?, why do they not tell us about ufos?

Because they hate us! It is evident with all these childish posts the paid disinfo agents with the ridiculous and self-professing avatars make and call us names and ridicule us...constantly! I could not bare to read all 20 pages of hate...it was too painful!

The videos provided of the second sun, which is nemesis and not nibiru is self-explanatory but nasa disinfo agents or perhaps other paid bloggers will tell you night is day and day is night! They should be ashamed of themselves but for them money is more important I suppose or they want to avoid panic........yeah right!...avoid panic and let billions or worst trillions of people who live at the coastal areas get killed by giant tsunamis or whatever have you. Panic my arse!!!

When you see ufos they are always "space-debri, camera reflections, weather ballons or swamp gas".

When you see a space-time vortex its "a russian missle test gone bad"..
You people are beyond predictable and beyond sad! I can honestly say *I hate you with a passion* and god have mercy on you because when people get fed up with the status-quo the uprisings in the middle east will look like childs play compared to uprisings in europe and america.

Nibiru is planet x, which means coming of the guardians. The guardians are the draco reptillian overlords who wish to enslave humanity even more then it currently is enslaved. The black pope in rome and the international bank cartels are the enemy of people and servants of these aliens; thats how low they have stooped to!
edit on 5-3-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: fixed tags

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Prophetic words such as: Nibiru - 4th March has arrived!

is quite similar to:

I'm going to win the lottery tomorrow

So if tomorrow comes and I'm not a millionaire than does that mean my statement is fact or fiction?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Better still why is misindentifying something considered a hoax? Another word to accompany UFO, skeptic and contrail I suppose.

A failed prediction based on an economics history major and his interpretation of a dead language constitutes a Hoax. Zecharia Lied when he lead folks to believe he was qualified to translate texts. He scammed folks by selling books based on his lies. And lets not forget the countless fakes, who create youtube videos spreading and convince people that they are somehow credible sources.

edit on 5-3-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The 4th of March did arrive.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join