It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercs for Hire, good or bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
D

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Actually, I'd try to hire Russian mercs. And if you manage to get a few
ex -Spetsnaz, even better.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
"The use of mercenries in war is highly deletorius to the nation that hires them. Should your forces need suuport in dangerous engagements they will not show great courage, yet when the batttle is far on the horizon they will boast the loudest. Should they secure victory for you against your enemies you will then need fear those you have hired for having seized the spoils of war they will attempt to hold them"

Paraphrased from Machiavelli's "the prince"

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I wouldn't trust third world countries with the lives of US soldiers so i would only hire British German Australian and us merc

Yeah, there's heaps of Australian SASR guys who have left the service to be private security guards. They earn something like 6 times as much as they do in the SASR.

Would you trust the Neaplese Gurkhas Westpoint? I heard they're really good. I know they're more part of the British armed forces, but they seem to run a bit like the French Foreign Legion.

[edit on 20/7/04 by D]

Yes I would trust them only reason I wouldn't trust people for third world countries one might be lack of training and equipment but also im not saying they are but they could be poor and I don't want people that sell me out for a pair of shoes

[edit on 20-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
How do you all feel on the subject?

I thought about taking a job as a private contractor in Iraq. Then I realized I'd be selling my soul to the devil.

Private contractors are basically beyond the law in a place such as Iraq. I am opposed to that. Just look at Abut Ghraib and their involvement there. It's disgusting.

I am also very opposed to privatising the military. I consider it to be harmful in plenty of ways. Takes jobs away from the military and it causes too many unecessary security risks. Then there are predator companies like Halliburton who scam so much money off the DoD, it's insane.

D

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Yes I would trust them only reason I wouldn't trust people for third world countries one might be lack of training and equipment but also im not saying they are but they could be poor and I don't want people that sell me out for a pair of shoes

[edit on 20-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

Yeah I get what you mean. You can't really sugarcoat the fact that the third world countries have less training and poor equipment, so I'd be inclined to hire Aussie, British or American mercs if I was in the position to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join