It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
nevermind!

u2ud you already

[edit on 8-2-2005 by TrueLies]

JAK

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Still working to get a realistic looking flame.

Jack

JAK

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Jack

JAK

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
An image request from TrueLies.

After a few attempts:

Finally:

Jack

[edit on 9/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
JAK,

I think the state needs to be a darker green... Like hunter or forest green...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
truly amazing work Jak, im just wondering how long does it take to make an avarage avatar?

JAK

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thanks beyondSciFi.

The time taken depends sometimes on the complexity and sometimes just because I can't grasp what exactly the person wants.

Seekerof's animated Rumsfeld/Matrix took a while because I first had to remove all the bullets to another layer before animating.

The animation I made for UK Wizard did take a while as there were numerous attempts. (And much patience from UK himself!). I was on and off with this one all day really, a good couple of hours all told I would think. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but no idea of how to do it!

Sometimes though someone will ask with a definite idea of what they want and it may take say half hour from start to finish. Sometimes I know straight away exactly what I want to do with an idea too.

Sometimes.

Here's a link to an image I made recently for Shorty:

Which all came together in about half an hour.

Jack

[edit on 9/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
The animation I made for UK Wizard did take a while as there were numerous attempts. (And much patience from UK himself!). I was on and off with this one all day really, a good couple of hours all told I would think. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but no idea of how to do it!

I think i pushed JAK to the edge to get that one done, each time i'd say 'what about...?'

But he did it and it was amazing

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow JAK, you really have your work cut out for you, but I can see the effort of your work come together very nicely. What software do you recommand for doing wall papers like the ones on digitalblasphemy.com... ? I would love to be able to do something like that but all i got is MS paint ROFL, even so i was able to do my superman avatar (i just cut it lol)... I suck
I'd love to hear your opinion.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

JAK

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey beyondSciFi.

If you follow the pages on the site you linked to, there is a Site Info: My Tools link with all the software the author uses to make the images that are available for viewing. As you can see there's quite a large combination of programmes used.

I am no way even close to creating such excellent peices as are posted there. I'm still nowhere near understanding all the fantastic features of the excellent Adobe Photoshop which I use.

Photoshop is very good, but also very expensive. If you are just starting out you may want to try JASC Paint Shop Pro which may be a more viable option, I used this for a year or so before moving to Photoshop. Paint Shop Pro 9 is the latest release but if you look about on the 'net there are some good deals to be found. This Paint Shop Pro 8 for example. That's just a quick search, I'm sure if you look you will find better.

Hope that helps.

Jack

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I think i pushed JAK to the edge to get that one done, each time i'd say 'what about...?'

But he did it and it was amazing

I'd like to bet I was the bigger pain in the ass!

JAK

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Added an animation into a previous image of mine. Which I may use a bit later, I am very keen on the candle at present.

Unless anyone else fancies it, in which case Just u2u me. I should be able to make any alterations required without too much trouble.

Jack

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
great thanks jak, maybe someday i'll be as good as you

wow $100-400 for each program... lol i think ill stick with my MS paint for now rofl

[edit on 10-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank you offical:

thanks for the banner!

greetings

dc

JAK

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Playing with spliff4020's:

Jack

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
JAK your animated Avatars dont animate for me, im using Firefox. Any ideas as to why that could be?

JAK

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The problem is corrected now, but for those who may be having similar difficulties we came up with the following solutions:

1)Taken from this page.
    In the Firefox address bar type in about:config

Then, in the Filter address bar type in image

This should bring up a number of keys including the image.animation_mode key. Make sure the 'value' is set to normal and not none
Which did not solve the problem, then the following was tried:

2)
    You chould check your firewall settings too.

On my Zone Alarm the settings are the same as this:

Privacy - Ad Blocking - Custom - uncheck the "Animation" box.

Which resolved the problem. Hope that may help anyone else.

Jack

[edit on 11/2/05 by JAK]

JAK

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This first is actually a bronze statue which I just coloured, the second just trying to add more to a previous image.

. .

Again if anyone wants to use any of these, or an image of their own design, just give me a shout.

Jack

[edit on 11/2/05 by JAK]

JAK

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This was an idea I had for one for EvilLink:

Jack

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Your ava's look good static JAK but they are stunning when you can see the animations. Your candle is superb. Thanks for the help mate.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Janus]

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join