It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warning Issued Over “Controlled” Comet Headed Towards Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Pervius

You better believe in all that crap AROUND the comet. Earth will be passing thru the debris field of that comet.

I see big pieces other than the comet itself.

You see colored lines drawn around clumps of pixels. It's not a "debris field."

Do you comprehend what happens to Comets when they enter the Solar System? The Sun starts heating them up and they start popping like PopCorn creating DEBRIS FIELDS around them you may have heard of before as a Comets Tail.

DEBRIS FIELD....Earth will be passing thru it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Do you comprehend what happens to Comets when they enter the Solar System? The Sun starts heating them up and they start popping like PopCorn creating DEBRIS FIELDS around them you may have heard of before as a Comets Tail.

They create a COMA and TAIL not a DEBRIS FIELD. The coma and tail(s) are a region of extremely rarified dust and gas, so thin it would be considered a perfect vacuum on Earth. The Earth passes through these fields of dust quite frequently; they cause meteor showers. The dust is so fine that it usually burns up on entry to the Earth's upper atmosphere. (Actually, most of it is so fine it quickly reaches terminal velocity and drifts gently down. Tons of it every year!)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Pervius

They create a COMA and TAIL not a DEBRIS FIELD. The coma and tail(s) are a region of extremely rarified dust and gas, so thin it would be considered a perfect vacuum on Earth. The Earth passes through these fields of dust quite frequently; they cause meteor showers. The dust is so fine that it usually burns up on entry to the Earth's upper atmosphere. (Actually, most of it is so fine it quickly reaches terminal velocity and drifts gently down. Tons of it every year!)

en.wikipedia.org...

It may not be a comet ... just keep an open mind, but most of all, an ounce of prevention is not a bad idea.

I would beg to differ .. although I have not looked through a telescope at it myself, others have!
They say it has a "debris trail" in space some hundreds of miles long.
One person who has seen it, says great whopping amounts of asteroids: best guess is ~70 lbs range give or take.
Typhon was also like this, like a great red dragon in the sky ... throwing stones and naphtha at the Earth.

In the Mayan chronicles: "The Earth God Awoke, he reached into the Heavens, and pulled down the Serpent, and he stoned them (the people of the mud hills) from the sky. They were no more." Frank Joseph in his new book.

Have you read any Velekovsky? At your local library.
I really think you would find it riveting reading .. he is quite thorough!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

I would beg to differ .. although I have not looked through a telescope at it myself, others have!
They say it has a "debris trail" in space some hundreds of miles long.
One person who has seen it, says great whopping amounts of asteroids: best guess is ~70 lbs range give or take.

If they claim to have seen it through a telescope, you can rest assured that they are lying. It is so faint, that even through a large telescope a time exposure is necessary. It has not yet developed a tail, much less disgorged any boulders. Here is a recent photo. See any "debris trail?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf93806a261.jpg[/atsimg]
spaceobs.org...

Have you read any Velekovsky? At your local library.
I really think you would find it riveting reading .. he is quite thorough!!

And completely wrong. If Venus caused the Earth to stop rotating, what started it up again? How do hydrocarbons miraculously turn into carbohydrates? Why did he need to alter the chronologies of every ancient civilization to match up with his theory?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

IMVHO his chronologies are the more correct ones, and they make a whole lot more sense (and they fit the hard data in the field).

I would read another ten books of his, if they just existed!!
One book on him and his contemporaries, quotes one peer of his giving the amount of energy needed to evaporate that much water to make that much cloud cover! Very interesting.

Another posits that there was such a collision of rock (all of MU -- the people of the Mud Hills to the indigenous South Americans --sank; the raising of the Cordillera -- ~1300 ft; the gouging of the Carolinas; the two great holes in the ocean off the Carolinas where the Transatlantic Cable almost met a premature doom; and the demise of (admittedly under-minded) Atlantis;) ... as to rupture the Atlantic seafloor; which took considerable time to settle down.
And that may have provided the energy to make the clouds, to obscure the sky, and shroud the planet, do the chemistry, and possibly pile up a whole lot of ice in some areas humanity had little knowledge of.

The masses of red colored flood debris, trees, rocks and animal parts all over the planet .. = the exogenous waters of the planet Mars?
Since I don't write books, I don't have to worry about bringing up ideas that some find just too odd, but it does sorta fit! .. I just wonder what other kinds of organisms were transplanted -- if that was the case!!

If Mars were an orbital of Ceres (the current pulp in the asteroid belt) .. and it landed in it's retrograde orbit near us by wonderful luck and happenstance .. it may be that it's ocean also found its way here!?
I could not get any confirmation, however, ... if the chemistry of Mars matches with the chemistry of those flood remains or not! ... Any ideas of good places to source such data??

I only found a couple things to quibble on in Velekovsky, and I would have to re-read the books to find those.

If he mistook Venus and Mars in battle for the alignments//passing's of some large (dark matter) body (dare I even say it). ... He can be forgiven, he was working with the authors of ancient texts, and had to work for cogent and logical output. Still his work is amazing.

If the events he gives his ideas for "were (and I know you are simply not open to the idea) due to a large and charged body", like the iron core of an extinguished sun, THAT may have tipped the planet!

That makes some sense for the Biblical Battle where the day did not progress ..

The Myths where the Luminaries fall from their places ... [(the X in the sky of the old (noctilucent?) comet dust which was lit by the sun after dusk in times past & can be seen in etchings and paintings -- and that X still, to this day (!) harbors unknown objects in the crossing path, and much much larger objects in the path which lies somewhat vertical our ecliptic with the sun)] ... might also be due to the tipping of the planet due to magnetic forces. ... maybe ...

It would be quite interesting if that old yet still existing cometary debris path matches the path which ELE-NIN will take as she passes over us!! ...

As if ... all that "dark matter" were left there in that obscure and dust filled lane of orbitals ... by some large and junk tossing dead star!

.... ah , the sword of Damocles, and the task of Atlas ...

off topic ...
I am going crazy not finding any updates on the Missouri Watershed flooding .. except history and grain movement (not!!) reports. Images from one deep water channel, and etc ..

Is there real time update data on line for images from space? ... I hope!! ... Free of course, since I am not a big wig with corporate bonuses in my savings account.
I guess I will go check the zoom resolution on Intellicast! Good that we are so weather conscious!!

If you have any idea-laden rebuttals, please post them!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join