It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid catches Alien on Film

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Beyond stupid, this one is.

Aliems have nothing better to do than pointing lasers and doing squats in the grass.

This one is PREWF.

Well, since you're the expert...tell me, what do aliens do with their time then?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
This thread is a shining example of the sad state that the UFO/Alien debate has fallen to. A perfect example of why, when one looks up "debunk" in the dictionary, one finds "Synonyms - disparage, ridicule" because apparently that's all it takes these days. It's a dismal state of affairs seeing someone actually rack up over 20 stars for claiming it's fake because "He stays on the porch" when a simple viewing of the footage clearly shows otherwise.

Personally, I don't find Alex's reactions unnatural for a youth of 16 years.

I don't see evidence (unnatural pixelation artifacts) of anything being superimposed into the footage; so it appears that something actually is out in the yard.

At 0:57 there appears to be clear iris glare from the "eyes". For me this is a strike against the cardboard cutout-on-a-stick theory because, with a flat cutout, the glare would generally stretch across the entire two dimensional surface, and not be localized to just the "eyes".

As for the shakiness... yes, it's definitely apparent, and a hindrance; however, people are far too accustomed to Hollywood steadicam rigs, and if/when adrenaline is flowing things will get shaky in footage from a lightweight handycam.

Focus is also a serious issue here. I've seen a lot of non-controversial night vision footage, and it seems pretty common that auto-focus systems often have serious issues focusing on the nearest object (such as the back lip of the pot at 2:39) instead of the "intended target", and in the amount of time they take to refocus while the system is deciding the intended depth (such as the closer tall-grass in the lower left corner at 1:47, back to the further bushes ahead) while using night vision.

I've also gotta wonder about the "wobbly head" and "unnatural crouch" arguments. As for the "unnatural crouch", I can't find a single clear frame of anything below the "neck"; so there's really no crouch footage to judge. I admit the head appears to wobble at times, but I've never seen an "alien" so I have no basis for comparison as to what one's natural head movements would be. The stereotypical "alien" is usually portrayed with a large head and a very slim neck. Unless "they" are extremely accustomed to functioning in Earth's particular gravitational field (or one stronger), such a head/neck physiology would seem prone to "wobbles".

Overall, between the NV auto-focus issues, and what appears to be adrenaline-induced shakiness... this footage isn't clear enough evidence of anything more than the likelihood that something was out in the yard. It seems possible that it could be something alien, but probability tends to lean towards a neighbor/friend prankster when looking for the simplest answer. Either way, I see no clear evidence of Alex trying to intentionally perpetrate a hoax.
edit on 3/6/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

personally I don't believe that it is the natural thing a 16 year old youth would do, but anyone who isn't sure of whats going on, and they don't want to get harmed. i know if I was there, and all I saw was a flashing light, no idea what is going on first I would probably piss my pants, second I would calmy try to assess the situation, without resorting to combat, that is the one thing that is good about this kid, he didn't resort to engaging the alien in combat.
edit on 6-3-2011 by locololo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePolishedKnob

Nah...no attacks.

If you have filmed and dealt with this thing, and its for real, its safe to say that if it wanted you dead, you'd be dead.

Try approaching it with NO FEAR. Your fear is what is bringing about any negative consequences here. Try the opposite and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by egregore

And how do you know its fake my dear friend? Something to back up your call would be good, otherwise I could just claim your fake and wash away your comment in a second. Actually pity you are fake.

my oh my. i stand utterly corrected... nevermind the fact that the video is blurred at convenient times of close-up. granted adrenaline could have been the culprit, would not a camera-toter aim and try for a clear picture? fear can have obvious negative effects...

thanks for calling me "fake" on my first post in this forum! a very warm welcome, indeed!

the pity is all mine...

this place is like GLP, eh? egos out of check, and the power to believe takes precedence over experience...

ill leave it to the "experts" and find a new place to frolic...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

So have you been given the information yet or are you not going to show up when proven wrong? Surely they would have answered you by now.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

so are you ever coming back to show us or tell us what ATS has told you about the user? Is he from Australia?
Were your outrageous claims of him being swedish true? If you are proven wrong, will you acknowledge it?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
Really horrific acting as well.

Sorry but I've seen better film on teeth.

Maybe the reason you think it was "horrific acting" is because it wasn't acting at all?

I can't pretend to know exactly what has happened in this video, but, I think its safe to say that neither can you.

Bill Paxton in Predator 2 was horrific acting, The entire film of the movie "The Piano" was painful (and to think that there were people who actually liked it), The entire series of "Blade" and anything with Sylvester Stallone is Horrible...but, I can't say that I've seen this kid in any other film for comparisons, so, I'll have to reserve judgement for later. Just so you know, even though I think Stallone is a horrible actor, I am somehow strangely drawn to watching his films...weird dichotomy, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Maybe you should settle in a little, you just gave me an answer, that actually proves that fear could be the reason for it being shaky. You gave no reason other reason why? I'm sorry if thats your first post, but maybe you will have to learn that if you just start claiming things you better have something to back it up with.

Also if your worried about what I just said to you, you aint seen nothing yet.

Remember your the one yelling bout fakes first. Don't try to make out I used a "bad" word.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

and you also just proved that your power to believe just reigned over this kids power of experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Qcuailon

Come on now, ya gotta admit there was a little bit of bad acting in there. I mean.. sure the cat kept looking out to the left over and over again, but where was the expression? Where was the emotion? It's great that the cat somehow knew exactly where to look again and again, but with that face I see no Oscars in its future.

edit on 3/6/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't agree that its bad acting, I live in Australia and have more contathen. ct with the Australian youth then most here. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that this is how I'd expect a young Australian kid to act. I would have acted and came across worse when i was younger and probably would swear more now than he did. We Aussie have a profound understanding of profanity.

For me its not overacted. I'm glad he didn't film a picture of his duds after though.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

I agree, I have a good Aussie friend; so I know full well what a stressed Aussie can sound like.

I was just noting that the cat's apparent repeated interest in that section of the yard seems to support the notion that it was either REMARKABLY well trained, or that there was actually something physical over there that it was hearing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am going through this now, frame by frame, if I find any clear frames I will post them up, if not I will post the best I find.

Shame on all the people calling this fake for reasons like reactions. People all will react to the same thing differently, unless you are trained to respond in a certain way. Even then, adrenaline, fight or flight kicking in might make you react differently than you trained for. People are not like people on TV, at all, it is like people expect that everyone is the same or something....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by Qwenn

So have you been given the information yet or are you not going to show up when proven wrong? Surely they would have answered you by now.

I have recieved no answer from them yet, as I have already said, I would be the first person to admit that I was wrong on anything. Having said that, if it was confirmed that the many seperate accounts were from different computers, that would not mean that it was not the same person making the posts, however, that may sound like I am back-tracking, so yes, if the Mods said that the accounts were from different computers, then I would convey that information. It would be even better if one of the Mods would verify the questions that I asked them, on this thread, for all to see.

I believe in Aliens, but if this were a genuine case, the place would have been crawling with Government and Military types way before now, trying to hush it up, catch the little Grey fella, or worse !

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So fake.
It made me laugh!!!

OMG HE HAS A RED THING!!!! (Laser pointer)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This the link as the vid won't work.

I kow this is shaky again whatever. just an entertaining one.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Slipdig1 because: trying to get vid right

edit on 6-3-2011 by Slipdig1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

There were two things that I found to be very notable in the video. At 1:50 seconds, the kid is apparently unaware that the laser is still coming through the field at him. This happens just before he notices his own shadow.

The second thing I found to be interesting was that when he went down into the field to look around, the wind suddenly kicks in and all of the weeds are swaying back and forth. There was none of that before he went down there to look around. Now personally, I have had a few experiences of my own to vouch for, and, when something is in the environment, nature is the first thing to react.

Animals will act weird, the environment will feel charged, and wind will either start, or stop, on a dime. I can't vouch for the rest of the vid though.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

i got it last night what is with this uploader?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Okay...so now, break it down and explain every single reason why you came to that conclusion. This isn't youtube or 4 chan, you know. This is ATS. If you can't come up with a single reason to support your claim, I will alert the mods about 1 line comments without evidence or support of your theory.

Seeing these posts are tired and pathetic.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Not smart, so he has a friend punch him, or shoots himself with a paintball gun to add credibility to a fake video.
Could be make up too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join